Non-Key Tweets | Page 999 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Hmm, the crazies never stop.... ?

Of course. This all makes perfect sense. The Switch
  • The ND Leech latched onto the best available P5 conference at the time, the ACC
  • The ACC is becoming ill and will lose its best football brands and perhaps implode. The host is getting sick and Cal is a placebo
  • ND Leech wants to remain independent of the P2 but also wants a road to the CFP. That road is becoming less stable as the ACC deteriorates
  • A Football scheduling alliance with the B1G allows ND to latch on and suck the teet of its next host. Keeps its SOS high
  • The B1G gets valuable OOC games with ND without holding its nose and inviting ND to join outright
  • Joining the Big East in Basketball allows ND a second teet. It allows ND to compete in a more manageable, mostly Catholic, more regional NYC centric conference
  • ND has a simple plan to join the Big East while programs like cuse and bcu may desire to, but it's too complicated. They are stuck for now on poison ivy

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Hmm, the crazies never stop.... ?

I can’t believe you guys are referring to this tweet like it’s real. That guy has 300 followers. Not even worthy of a non-key tweet. Please check the source — anyone can cut and paste an ND logo and ad it to a press release. Omfg media literacy classes should be a mandatory requirement—at least to post in this forum ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can’t believe you guys are referring to this tweet like it’s real. That guy has 300 followers. Not even worthy of a non-key tweet. Please check the source — anyone can cut and paste an ND logo and ad it to a press release. Omfg media literacy classes should be a mandatory requirement—at least to post in this forum ;)
So you are complaining that a non-key tweet has been posted to the non-key tweet thread. OK then.

Reaction Score
Or ND can act like an adult and attempt to negotiate a buyout of the GOR.

Think that FSU didn't attempt to negotiate ?...FSU went on record saying that the conference "wouldn't talk to us"...they won't with the Irish either. It is an existential issue for the conference.

The majority of the presidents, led by a core of them from the have-nots ... are scared that if they go along with settling then they will lose more programs as schools like UNC, Louisville, Pitt, Virginia will possibly look to leave.

Jim Phillips and the hired help in Charlotte at the league office don't make any decisions about settling. Settlement is done by the bosses ... the ones in charge ... that's the Board of Directors led by the presidents. They are the folks in charge.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Think that FSU didn't attempt to negotiate ?...FSU went on record saying that the conference "wouldn't talk to us"...they won't with the Irish either. It is an existential issue for the conference.

The majority of the presidents, led by a core of them from the have-nots ... are scared that if they go along with settling then they will lose more programs as schools like UNC, Louisville, Pitt, Virginia will possibly look to leave.

Jim Phillips and the hired help in Charlotte at the league office don't make any decisions about settling. Settlement is done by the bosses ... the ones in charge ... that's the Board of Directors led by the presidents. They are the folks in charge.
What dollar amount did FSU attempt to present to the ACC to buy out the GOR (exclusive of exit fees)?

The FSU official statement sounds like a PR move. The conference's initial resistance sounds like step one in negotiating; basically digging in their heels to avoid showing weakness. Pretty much anything can be monetized and negotiated, this still is first and foremost a business. FSU just doesn't like their expected outcome if they were to pursue this as a business negotiation.

Also, I'd like to see evidence that ND wanted to negotiate and the ACC refused. I really don't see why ND would have attempted this.

Reaction Score
Todd Helmick's tweet is based upon the hypothetical that the ACC implodes and ND being free to move.

See his posts under the tweet.

ND isn't going anywhere. It certainly isn't going to join the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
I have said nothing about the Irish attempting to negotiate...I was responding to a snarky comment ...the Irish and the ACC haven't talked about breaking the contract..not reported anyway.

Reaction Score
I think that both Clemson and FSU want to go by what the GOR/ESPN Agreement says. That ESPN Agreement was a secret and is now known to the lawyers of both schools...We, the public, can make no real judgement since we can't access the ESPN Agreement.

In the Clemson filing, it seems plain that in petitioning the court for a summary judgement that they have quoted the Agreement...you can see it below...well..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Todd Helmick's tweet is based upon the hypothetical that the ACC implodes and ND being free to move.

Not as long as NBC subsidizes their decision not to. For what it's worth, I love Notre Dame's institutional memory and animus towards the Big Ten. It reminds me of the saying "success is the best revenge."

Reaction Score
People on the B-Yard can be crazy, no question
Nevertheless, how long will ND remain in the ACC if the conference loses key members

Reaction Score

You said it best, ND is going nowhere. They have done the least with the most amount of revenue.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They could go back to the Big East and have a scheduling agreement with UConn for football. :D

That would be awesome. Do a 10-year contract, half the games at ND. UConn's half could be divvied up between the Rent, and NYC venue and Foxboro.

Reaction Score
That would be awesome. Do a 10-year contract, half the games at ND. UConn's half could be divvied up between the Rent, and NYC venue and Foxboro.
Remember all the whining over this?

Reaction Score
Not as long as NBC subsidizes their decision not to. For what it's worth, I love Notre Dame's institutional memory and animus towards the Big Ten. It reminds me of the saying "success is the best revenge."
What success? ND has not won a football or men's basketball championship in my lifetime I don't think. The only thing I've seen them win is a women's basketball championship.

Reaction Score
Closest county map of the current realignment

(weird color choices)

"Weatherman"
I just realized the Big East has more population than the Big 12 and SEC.
It's a shame all those northeast time zones are colored ACC, especially in New England. As if people actually watch bcu.
I'd like to see it painted with the MWC since that conference is so worthy now.

Reaction Score
Remember all the whining over this?

I never understood that decision and you could make a reasonable arguement that agreement might be provided the leverage to get us into the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom