Non-Key Tweets | Page 996 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I thought he was saying to add UConn for basketball and a scheduling agreement for football. That is what I say No to.
When I first read the tweet, this is what I interpreted as well. But then I read it again and felt like he was saying UConn basketball would stay in the big east but football would have a schedule agreement. Now I’m leaning back towards a basketball only invite. He doesn’t elaborate well on this viewpoint

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t we be less likely to leave the Big East if all they gave was a scheduling agreement for football?

It’s insulting to think we would leave for less.
Of course. All I’m saying is that there’s this narrative among many that we don’t even want to leave the Big East. I presume it’s because most schools don’t win anything and we pile up major titles in the Big East. They probably think, “Why would they rock the boat?” Especially, when they perceive that we don’t care about football for some reason.

This guy is clueless as far as market value part goes. We’ve won out in these studies multiple times when conferences conducted them and the info got out. UConn is the only school left with any decent value to a conference. Memphis is second and USF third. Tulane is too small to replace anyone.

The ACC has no market penetration in Boston and barely any in New York. It’s all been squandered.

Reaction Score
Of course. All I’m saying is that there’s this narrative among many that we don’t even want to leave the Big East. I presume it’s because most schools don’t win anything and we pile up major titles in the Big East. They probably think, “Why would they rock the boat?” Especially, when they perceive that we don’t care about football for some reason.

This guy is clueless as far as market value part goes. We’ve won out in these studies multiple times when conferences conducted them and the info got out. UConn is the only school left with any decent value to a conference. Memphis is second and USF third. Tulane is too small to replace anyone.

The ACC has no market penetration in Boston and barely any in New York. It’s all been squandered.
That narrative could be due to the fact that the loudest noisemakers on UConn twitter wanted no part of the Big12 AND you have a guy like Chris Murphy mouting off opposition against leaving the Big East publicly.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

And we would change that....we would give the ACC critical mass in NY and NE to make a difference again.

Reaction Score
Told you guys Tulane and USF would blow past us.

If we hadn’t repeated the typical UConn football pattern of regressing and performing poorly last year, we would be mentioned more. This program can’t seem to get out of its own way, regardless of the coach or players. Whether it's other programs improving, key injuries, or a stubbornly outdated 1950s offense, there's always something holding us back. It's a recurring issue that no other program has endured for so long. Last year, there was some optimism in the off season, but with just three wins again, don’t expect any recognition or charitable shoutouts.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Tru Tv going down swinging!!!

These seems like content that normally ends up on CBSsn. Might be getting lonely on that channel.

Reaction Score
Now I’m leaning back towards a basketball only invite. He doesn’t elaborate well on this viewpoint
Unless something’s changed among many other things with the NCAA, “a basketball only invite” is not possible. As long as UConn remains a member of the Big East and it continues operating basketball competition, UConn cannot opt out for just hoops. An unlikely football-only option might work, because it’s currently not a BE sport.

Reaction Score
Unless something’s changed among many other things with the NCAA, “a basketball only invite” is not possible. As long as UConn remains a member of the Big East and it continues operating basketball competition, UConn cannot opt out for just hoops. An unlikely football-only option might work, because it’s currently not a BE sport.
When people say "basketball only", I think it's understood that they mean basketball and other sports (except for football and hockey), like what Notre Dame has with the ACC.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Told you guys Tulane and USF would blow past us.
Come on Zoo, given our luck, Slippery Rock University gets an ACC invite over UConn, ya know, to give Pitt a local travel partner. Sucks that we're hedging our bets to seek an invite from a conference that clearly doesn't want us.

Reaction Score
Come on Zoo, given our luck, Slippery Rock University gets an ACC invite over UConn, ya know, to give Pitt a local travel partner. Sucks that we're hedging our bets to seek an invite from a conference that clearly doesn't want us.

Typical Boneyard actually.

Reaction Score

JD@JTD_73
·
10h
This week? Next week? Will the SEC have news to chew on for media days?

GREG SWAIM SHOW@GSwaim
Continue to hear July 12.

Reaction Score
All I can say is that reprisals can be brutal when you go against ESPN and your conference.

Officiating will be interesting to watch this season,,,bowl selections, CFP rankings...how many prime time slots played, how many games on ACCN...

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
So Clemson, which presumably wants to go the SEC that is secured by a lucrative ESPN contract, refuses to play on Black Friday thereby impacting ESPN's potential to earn more revenue from ads played during an ACC-SEC matchup at the start of the holiday shopping season? Right, got it, Clemson wants to bite the hand that it wants to feed it more. That is a good thinkin'!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom