Non-Key Tweets | Page 995 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
if Uconn leaves Big East for ACC then I assure you Villanova will do everything in their power to latch on and upgrade their football to comply
Absolutely! If Nova had gotten the opportunity to upgrade their football to BCS, I think they would've jumped at it.

Oh wait...

Reaction Score
Absolutely! If Nova had gotten the opportunity to upgrade their football to BCS, I think they would've jumped at it.

Oh wait...
I agree

However, it is a different landscape now. Especially with the autonomy stuff.

Ideal scenario for Big East schools is to get picked up as a wing of the SEC or B1G, somehow lobby to be part of the new autonomy structure, or hope that football becomes its own separate thing in the eyes of the NCAA. Otherwise everyone in it is on a sinking ship.

Reaction Score
Louisville is a dumpster fire within a dumpster fire

I understand the antagonism. But Geoff Brohm is a good coach who brought Louisville to the ACC title game in his first season. He's alum and seems likely to stay long term. Point being, as of this moment, their football program looks to be in very good shape.

No idea if Pat Kelsey is the answer to their recent basketball woes. Regardless, I suspect they'll throw money at the program until they find an answer.

Reaction Score
This isn’t a change for ABC/ESPN. UConn would be accessible to their new joint venture with TNT/TBS and Fox.. but ESPN/ABC hasn’t had rights for UConn since the move to the Big East

But they had a chance to correct this but chose not to

Perhaps they have something else in mind

Reaction Score

I agree with Mr. McKewon‘s line of thinking

CR Rule #1 - UConn about to get invitation but espn develops a conscience and chooses not to crush the Big East a 2nd time.

Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
CR Rule #1 - UConn about to get invitation but espn develops a conscience and chooses not to crush the Big East a 2nd time.

Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor
Haha agreed and yet, knowing it's coming doesn't make it any easier.

Reaction Score
Such a great team that Florida State merely having to play them cost them a spot in the playoffs...

No one suggested that Louisville was a great team last season. I simply acknowledged that Geoff Brohm is a good coach that led the 'Cards to a 10-2 record and a birth in the ACC title game in his first season.

I don't expect Louisville to ever seriously compete for a national title. To me, the Cards seem like a program that will typically win somewhere between eight and ten games per season and once in a while seriously compete for a conference title (at least while Brohm is their coach).

I completely understand the disdain many feel for Louisville. However, their football program (as of June 25, 2024) doesn't look like a dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
No idea if he has legit sources, but Mark Zanetto of 'Locked On UConn' put out a video today saying that he's hearing the 6 year deal totals almost $1 billion...
??? Thats like 14 million per school, no?

Reaction Score
No one suggested that Louisville was a great team last season. I simply acknowledged that Geoff Brohm is a good coach that led the 'Cards to a 10-2 record and a birth in the ACC title game in his first season.

I don't expect Louisville to ever seriously compete for a national title. To me, the Cards seem like a program that will typically win somewhere between eight and ten games per season and once in a while seriously compete for a conference title (at least while Brohm is their coach).

I completely understand the disdain many feel for Louisville. However, their football program (as of June 25, 2024) doesn't look like a dumpster fire.
Brohm will be a lifer at Louisville.
He is a very innovative offensive coach....a lot of Uconn fans would be thrilled with 10 win seasons on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
??? Thats like 14 million per school, no?

Crazy. However, if it is anywhere near accurate, it would be a tough decision to leave it for a withering ACC that could actually see a pay reduction. Things could get complicated.

This is the second time I’ve heard this number. My guess is that the number of years is off. Make that 6 year deal a 9 year deal and we are right at 10 mill per school. Seems more likely.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No idea if he has legit sources, but Mark Zanetto of 'Locked On UConn' put out a video today saying that he's hearing the 6 year deal totals almost $1 billion...
One question is how close to $1,000,000,000 is almost $1 billion?

Would they view a little more than $850 million almost $1 billion? Below shows total payout (with equal payouts per school) at various levels:
  • $13.0 million per school per year - $858 million
  • $13.5 million per school per year - $891 million
  • $14.0 million per school per year - $924 million
  • $14.5 million per school per year - $957 million
  • $15.0 million per school per year - $990 million
We should find out before too much time passes what the final numbers are.

Reaction Score
There's no way the six years is true if it's "almost" $1b unless "almost" is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Maybe it's 600/6 with some sort of mutual option to renew to 900/9

Unless they somehow think women's basketball is going to be huge and we did a lot of heavy lifting there

Reaction Score
That's $16.7 million per school per year. DePaul gets a set of Jordan's Steakhouse steak knives

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom