Non-Key Tweets | Page 994 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Yeah, this is awful, especially without duke, cuse, and pitt.
Yeah there's a world where the ACC is still "fine" to join. My list of most likely in order to still be in the ACC is:

Tier 1 ACC locks (if above is true):
SMU
UConn
Memphis
BC
Wake
Georgia Tech

Tier 2 Probably still in ACC:
Cal
Stanford
Syracuse

Tier 3 Maybe still in ACC:
Louisville
Duke
Pitt
NCST
Virginia Tech
Miami

Tier 4 Not a chance:
Virginia
Notre Dame
UNC
Clemson
FSU

Tier 1+Tier 2 would suck. Tier 1+Tier 2 with half of Tier 3 is fine.

Reaction Score
Yeah there's a world where the ACC is still "fine" to join. My list of most likely in order to still be in the ACC is:

SMU
UConn
Memphis
BC
Wake
Georgia Tech

Cal
Stanford
Syracuse

Louisville
Duke
Pitt
NCST
Virginia Tech
Miami

Tier 4 Not a chance:
Virginia
Notre Dame
UNC
Clemson
FSU

I'd probably replace Memphis with Tulane. The academics that makeup tiers one and two seem likely to bypass the Tigers.

I'd also add USF to tier one. Otherwise, I think you're onto something.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

SMU
UConn
Memphis
BC
Wake
Georgia Tech

Cal
Stanford
Syracuse

Louisville
Duke
Pitt
NCST
Virginia Tech
Miami

Tier 4 Not a chance:
Virginia
Notre Dame
UNC
Clemson
FSU

I could see Pitt and maybe Miami getting a life raft out of Tier 3.

Louisville is a dumpster fire within a dumpster fire and would never have been invited into a P5 conference if not for absolutely perfect timing and an AD and President willing to do literally anything to get them into a major conference in 2012.

Syracuse? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I think UConn's bigger issue, if Clemson and FSU somehow escape, is a bunch of the top academic schools forming their own league. That would wreak havoc on whatever is left of the ACC, and torpedo UConn's last life raft.

Reaction Score

Louisville is a dumpster fire within a dumpster fire and would never have been invited into a P5 conference if not for absolutely perfect timing and an AD and President willing to do literally anything to get them into a major conference in 2012.

Syracuse? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I think UConn's bigger issue, if Clemson and FSU somehow escape, is a bunch of the top academic schools forming their own league. That would wreak havoc on whatever is left of the ACC, and torpedo UConn's last life raft.
Could we sneak into a really strong academic conference? Those schools recruit New England hard.

Reaction Score
I'd probably replace Memphis with Tulane. The academics that makeup tiers one and two seem likely to bypass the Tigers.

I'd also add USF to tier one. Otherwise, I think you're onto something.
I was basing Memphis on the condition that the Twitter dudes statements were true. I really don't get the appeal for any conference to add Memphis. Their "resume" is coasting on two vacated final fours and a several year stretch of good football.

Reaction Score

The Big XII will want more East Coast schools. I only put cuse below Cal and Stanford because I could see them bailing because it's not what they signed up for

I think we'd be OK in a brand new conference with good academic schools. Someone in that conference will have to be the worst academic school and we have a leg up on others.

I could see Pitt, Virginia Tech, Miami and Louisville all go to the Big XII to shore up the east coast.

Reaction Score
if Uconn leaves Big East for ACC then I assure you Villanova will do everything in their power to latch on and upgrade their football to comply
They'd need an invite to do it. Maybe if the ACC is dead and a new conference comes out of it. Big East 3.0 could definitely be made from UConn/Villanova and an ACC exodus

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, this is awful, especially without duke, cuse, and pitt.
Where is it suggested that they are going anywhere? This whole Big XII raiding the ACC thing isn't going to happen.

Reaction Score
Where is it suggested that they are going anywhere? This whole Big XII raiding the ACC thing isn't going to happen.
Given the uncertainty surrounding the future of the ACC and it looking like the top 2 to 4 brands could leave, I think if the Big 12 offered Pitt and Louisville and they would leave and so would VT and NC State.

Reaction Score

SMU
UConn
Memphis
BC
Wake
Georgia Tech

Cal
Stanford
Syracuse

Louisville
Duke
Pitt
NCST
Virginia Tech
Miami

Tier 4 Not a chance:
Virginia
Notre Dame
UNC
Clemson
FSU

This is a good breakdown. I can imagine one possible scenario where Georgia Tech is not an ACC lock. Let's assume that ESPN works to get UNC, UVA, FSU and Clemson into the SEC. The Big Ten is still going to want a southeast presence. In this scenario, the only viable southeastern schools available that fit the B1G profile would be Miami, Georgia Tech, and Duke. In which case, at least 2 of those 3 would go to the B1G. Miami would be a lock to be 1 of those 2, so it would come down to either Georgia Tech or Duke for the travel partner. This is the only possible scenario I can think of where Georgia Tech would not be a lock to remain in the ACC.

Reaction Score
The Big XII will 100% attempt to grab some schools. How many is the question. As soon as FSU and Clemson leave, everyone else is going to be looking for an exit to a more stable conference

This just played out with the PAC.

Reaction Score
I don't think Clemson is as high on everyone's list as people think. I forget which podcast I was listening to a few months back, but it was a pretty prominent sports analyst who said Clemson isnt even on SEC or B1G's short list. FSU/UNC/UVA in that order are at the top. However, if given the oppurtunity, Clemson would bounce for the big 12 in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
The Big XII will 100% attempt to grab some schools. How many is the question. As soon as FSU and Clemson leave, everyone else is going to be looking for an exit to a more stable conference

You have to wonder how many schools the networks are going to pay full shares to.

Reaction Score

Difference was PAC had no deal signed. ACC has schools suing to get out. Not an apples to apples comparison.

Reaction Score
Just to break it down in really simple terms Rufus:

Non Key Tweets: Non credible, not important basically a repository for insane West Virginia and Oklahoma based people that tweet nonsense.

Key Tweets: Actually credible or likely credible tweets that are important to realignment.

Don’t worry. Well let you know when you color outside the lines.

They don't join until August 2nd.

The current PAC-12 media contract/grant of rights runs through the end of the day on August 1st.

The only P4 moves happening on July 1 are Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC and SMU to the ACC.

The PAC schools have to wait until August 2 to officially make the move to their respective new conferences.

Reaction Score
C.W. Lambert@InsideTheBig12

I think people have missed the point about the lawsuits against the ACC by Clemson & FSU. The GoR isn't the real problem. 50% of a share of B1G or SEC revenues is greater than 100% share of ACC money. And, at worst, the money lost for home games is partly recoverable.

·
1h
Ticket prices will go up for both in the SEC. Demand will be much higher. Donations required to buy season tickets will go up. The cost of concessions... parking... t-shirts... foam fingers... everything.

·
1h
Sponsors will pay more too. SEC regular season games are money. My point is that - if they lose the battle over the GoR - Clemson & FSU are leaving the ACC. The $15M they lose in home tv revenue... they are likely to erase that deficit with other revenue streams.

·
1h
They will erase that deficit. You can count on it. The issue is the exit fee... and there is no legal question that's punitive. There's no basis for it. The amount is arbitrary and there's precedent based on what Maryland paid.

·
1h
The ACC knows they will lose the fight on the exit fee. It doesn't matter what the NC courts rule. They will lose in Fl and SC. And they will lose in SCOTUS (eventually).

·
1h
The ACC had best come to terms with reality and stop pretending favorable outcome is possible. Why? Because perpetrating false hope will lead to their doom. It will end the conference as we know it.

·
1h
Rather... the ACC should negotiate an exit with CU & FSU via ESPN. Part of that deal - even if its under the table - is that ESPN will not fund the addition of other ACC schools to the Big 12 or SEC.

·
1h
The reality is neither the Big 12 or SEC will touch ACC schools without ESPN's green light. The ACC can save itself in this scenario with a bit of creative problem solving and unequal revenue sharing. The top 1/3 get paid more.

·
1h
And the bottom 2/3's of the ACC have to be happy they are making more than the AAC.

·
1h
Because as we debate back and forth there are vultures landing in the trees outside of schools like Miami, Louisville, NCST, and VT. The vultures can smell the ACC dying... even if the ACC hasn't accepted it yet.

·
1h
Yet, there's still hope. The ACC can save some version of itself. But only if it acts before its too late. Personally, I hate the ACC, but I don't want it to die.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom