Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
They don't join until August 2nd.

The current PAC-12 media contract/grant of rights runs through the end of the day on August 1st.

The only P4 moves happening on July 1 are Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC and SMU to the ACC.

The PAC schools have to wait until August 2 to officially make the move to their respective new conferences.

Sir.

This is non key tweets thread. Of course it’s wrong.

Reaction Score
I can‘t do this now. I just started a new job with a new company last week. Of course, sleep is optional When it comes to realignment.

Reaction Score
Can we pull a TCU when the ACC only has Wake, BC, SMU, Stanford, Cal and Georgia Tech left over?

UConn
Memphis
Boston College
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
SMU
Stanford
Cal
USF
Tulane

Yeah that's gonna be awesome. The fan base definitely won't revolt and Hurley will totally stick around
Yeah, this is awful, especially without duke, cuse, and pitt.

Reaction Score
I can‘t do this now. I just started a new job with a new company last week. Of course, sleep is optional When it comes to realignment.
Probably for the best. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I've been shamed a dozen times now and I'm done. I check the realignment board periodically, but that's it. The ACC taking Stanford, Cal and SMU without so much of a mention of UConn was the sign to me. I've switched from the ever optimistic Charlie Brown, to the perpetually pessimistic Eeyore. I'm currently just assuming there are 10 crappy athletic programs ahead of us for each P4 conference.

Reaction Score
Probably for the best. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I've been shamed a dozen times now and I'm done. I check the realignment board periodically, but that's it. The ACC taking Stanford, Cal and SMU without so much of a mention of UConn was the sign to me. I've switched from the ever optimistic Charlie Brown, to the perpetually pessimistic Eeyore. I'm currently just assuming there are 10 crappy athletic programs ahead of us for each P4 conference.
The Stanford/Cal thing was political and SMU sold their soul to get in. It was a weird situation and I don't read much into it

Reaction Score
Yeah, this is awful, especially without duke, cuse, and pitt.
Yeah there's a world where the ACC is still "fine" to join. My list of most likely in order to still be in the ACC is:

Tier 1 ACC locks (if above is true):
SMU
UConn
Memphis
BC
Wake
Georgia Tech

Tier 2 Probably still in ACC:
Cal
Stanford
Syracuse

Tier 3 Maybe still in ACC:
Louisville
Duke
Pitt
NCST
Virginia Tech
Miami

Tier 4 Not a chance:
Virginia
Notre Dame
UNC
Clemson
FSU

Tier 1+Tier 2 would suck. Tier 1+Tier 2 with half of Tier 3 is fine.

Reaction Score
Yeah there's a world where the ACC is still "fine" to join. My list of most likely in order to still be in the ACC is:

SMU
UConn
Memphis
BC
Wake
Georgia Tech

Cal
Stanford
Syracuse

Louisville
Duke
Pitt
NCST
Virginia Tech
Miami

Tier 4 Not a chance:
Virginia
Notre Dame
UNC
Clemson
FSU

I'd probably replace Memphis with Tulane. The academics that makeup tiers one and two seem likely to bypass the Tigers.

I'd also add USF to tier one. Otherwise, I think you're onto something.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

SMU
UConn
Memphis
BC
Wake
Georgia Tech

Cal
Stanford
Syracuse

Louisville
Duke
Pitt
NCST
Virginia Tech
Miami

Tier 4 Not a chance:
Virginia
Notre Dame
UNC
Clemson
FSU

I could see Pitt and maybe Miami getting a life raft out of Tier 3.

Louisville is a dumpster fire within a dumpster fire and would never have been invited into a P5 conference if not for absolutely perfect timing and an AD and President willing to do literally anything to get them into a major conference in 2012.

Syracuse? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I think UConn's bigger issue, if Clemson and FSU somehow escape, is a bunch of the top academic schools forming their own league. That would wreak havoc on whatever is left of the ACC, and torpedo UConn's last life raft.

Reaction Score
I could see Pitt and maybe Miami getting a life raft out of Tier 3.

Louisville is a dumpster fire within a dumpster fire and would never have been invited into a P5 conference if not for absolutely perfect timing and an AD and President willing to do literally anything to get them into a major conference in 2012.

Syracuse? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I think UConn's bigger issue, if Clemson and FSU somehow escape, is a bunch of the top academic schools forming their own league. That would wreak havoc on whatever is left of the ACC, and torpedo UConn's last life raft.
Could we sneak into a really strong academic conference? Those schools recruit New England hard.

Reaction Score
I'd probably replace Memphis with Tulane. The academics that makeup tiers one and two seem likely to bypass the Tigers.

I'd also add USF to tier one. Otherwise, I think you're onto something.
I was basing Memphis on the condition that the Twitter dudes statements were true. I really don't get the appeal for any conference to add Memphis. Their "resume" is coasting on two vacated final fours and a several year stretch of good football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom