Non-Key Tweets | Page 388 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I for one am very tired hearing that BYU brings football while UCONN only brings basketball.

It wasn't too long ago that UCONN was not the center of the college basketball universe. Less than 25 years ago.

UCONN just needs a foot in the door in order to release the football hounds.

Reaction Score
And what exactly is BYU football? It's not relevant nationally, when's the last time BYU was in a NY6 or BCS Bowl game? Uggghhhh, that would be never.

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-bowl-games

I for one am very tired hearing that BYU brings football while UCONN only brings basketball.

It wasn't too long ago that UCONN was not the center of the college basketball universe. Less than 25 years ago.

UCONN just needs a foot in the door in order to release the football hounds.

Reaction Score
MH3
‏@MH3 Still looking like it will be 2 now and possibly 2 after the B10(assumably) guts the ACC

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 16m16 minutes ago
@bstrouse still looking like Memphis is still the frontrunner.UH a no.byu won't play sundays.Uconn too far.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 22m22 minutes ago
@MurrDCU OU has talked to B10-low interest wants ACC big market schools.also has talked to sec.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 15m15 minutes ago
@MurrDCU UT wins all the way around. Gets a huge buyout(in) and then gets share of B12N.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU · 13m13 minutes ago
@MH3 so if LHN becomes B12N and ACC gets picked, would a couple of ACC teams wind up in the B12?

MH3
‏@MH3 @MurrDCU that's what B12 leaders think. We'd get our pick of the leftovers. Could even see a merger with the best of the rest

MH3
‏@MH3 @MurrDCU B12 must expand in at least 2 good sized markets for B12N to be feasible from a profitably standpoint and must do so soon

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 13m13 minutes ago
@MurrDCU we can't wait for ACC to implode

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 13m13 minutes ago
@MurrDCU must be proactive for once

Reaction Score
And what exactly is BYU football? It's not relevant nationally, when's the last time BYU was in a NY6 or BCS Bowl game? Uggghhhh, that would be never.

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-bowl-games

They won the NC in 1984, beating Michigan in the Holiday bowl. They won the NC because they finished unbeaten. I think Washington finished with 1 loss.
IIRC Michigan ended up 6-6, so it wasn't as if BYU played a top contender in its bowl game.

On the other hand, that was back in the day where conferences had bowl ties, so BYU might not have had much choice of where they play.

Reaction Score
It is actually an ideal place for UConn to be with the ACC. Everyone knows that UConn will have to accept a Big 12 invitation if they get one. That means the ACC has to invite UConn before the Big 12 invitation comes, which means the ACC can't wait to see if UConn is actually invited to the Big 12 before making a decision.

If the ACC wants UConn, it has to move now.
The ACC is too duck*ing stupid and petty to want uconn.

It'd be great to go to the ACC. I've said all along its where we should be. But it's not gonna happen.

Reaction Score
Michael Littman ‏@MichaelLittman · 35m35 minutes ago  Kentucky, USA
@flugempire Greg, are you hearing any push for a 4 team addition to the B12 or is that just too much split money for the conference to eat?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @MichaelLittman
No.
Only 2 schools.
Only 3 have s shot.
1) Cincy - lock
2) UCONN.
3) Houston

There is no 4..5..6 that we know of.

Reaction Score
Michael Littman ‏@MichaelLittman · 35m35 minutes ago  Kentucky, USA
@flugempire Greg, are you hearing any push for a 4 team addition to the B12 or is that just too much split money for the conference to eat?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @MichaelLittman
No.
Only 2 schools.
Only 3 have s shot.
1) Cincy - lock
2) UCONN.
3) Houston

There is no 4..5..6 that we know of.

The only way Houston gets in is if Texas wants them. Worst case scenario is that Texas agrees to a compromise on expansion. Texas agrees to expand by 2, but only if Houston is one of the teams.

I don't see this happening, but there is that nagging CR rule #1 that we can't forget.

Reaction Score
The only way Houston gets in is if Texas wants them. Worst case scenario is that Texas agrees to a compromise on expansion. Texas agrees to expand by 2, but only if Houston is one of the teams.

I don't see this happening, but there is that nagging CR rule #1 that we can't forget.
This is what has me worried. Texas politics could definitely come into play and Houston could be pushed up.

What I think shields us from this scenario is OU's insistence on the possibility of a network. Without UConn or BYU, they're no closer to a Big 12 network. So the only scenario I could see where expansion happens and UConn gets shut out is if Houston and BYU get invites and they leave out both us and Cincy. And that scenario doesn't give WVU a travel partner.

Reaction Score
Houston is already eating Texas's lunch in recruiting this year.
I think the last thing Texas wants to see is Tom Herman recruiting with an XII patch on his shirt when he walks into a kid's home.

Reaction Score
Is the idea that BYU is appealing for the network because the LDS is national/international? It can't be for SLC alone. A lot of SLC is Utah (Pac 12). Utah, as of now, has much better athletics than BYU.

This is what has me worried. Texas politics could definitely come into play and Houston could be pushed up.

What I think shields us from this scenario is OU's insistence on the possibility of a network. Without UConn or BYU, they're no closer to a Big 12 network. So the only scenario I could see where expansion happens and UConn gets shut out is if Houston and BYU get invites and they leave out both us and Cincy. And that scenario doesn't give WVU a travel partner.

Reaction Score
Is the idea that BYU is appealing for the network because the LDS is national/international? It can't be for SLC alone. A lot of SLC is Utah (Pac 12). Utah, as of now, has much better athletics than BYU.
Yeah, BYU already has their own (regional?) network with a bunch of viewership that could be folded into a big 12 network

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYUtv

Reaction Score
Would the Big 12 be having enough of a headache to negotiate around the LHN to now have to negotiate around ANOTHER school's network?

Reaction Score
Houston is already eating Texas's lunch in recruiting this year.
I think the last thing Texas wants to see is Tom Herman recruiting with an XII patch on his shirt when he walks into a kid's home.

The fall of Texas football could be long-term if Houston is given any more credibility. Those recruiting numbers are unprecedented for Texas. Houston would take a bite out of all Texas FB in-state recruiting for what benefit? Too boost the LHN?

Reaction Score
Guess I'm gonna put this here because I don't think it's "Key" in the sense that it necessarily means something, but the Tweeter certainly is legit and he's reporting what Ollie said in the postgame press conference:

@AmoreCourant:
Also on table, a #UConn men's/women's doubleheader at MSG with Baylor. Its in discussion stage

This preceded it (less CR related, but awesome):

@AmoreCourant:
Kevin Ollie said "hopefully" uconn will play syracuse next year. I'm told details are still being worked out.

The fact that it's Baylor is very surprising/intriguing.

At the very least, it means Warde and Baylor's AD have been talking.

Reaction Score
whether or not this happens (and it'll suck if it doesn't) it's really nice to be talked about as a serious P5 expansion candidate.

it's been a while.

Reaction Score
If the B12 wants a network, it has to invite us. If they decide to invite Houston, it just means Texas won and rest of the B12 are toast. Without a B12 network and Texas doing its own things, there won't be stability now or in the future.

Reaction Score
I still can't imagine UConn turning down the Big XII if they offered first, is the B1G really gonna offer first to keep the XII out of NYC? They'd have to been given a guarantee by the B1G to turn any lifeboat away.
I personally think UConn's on an unofficial B1G waiting list similiar to what RU was awaiting a partner......the BTN and Delany didn't open a NYC office just for RU...The question to me is who will be the partner/partners.

Reaction Score
I personally think UConn's on an unofficial B1G waiting list similiar to what RU was awaiting a partner.the BTN and Delany didn't open a NYC office just for RU...The question to me is who will be the partner/partners.
I'd love to take your word for it Nicky, but my heart is still broken from when I believed we were on the list for the ACC. I'm pushing for any P5 that offers first!

Reaction Score
I'd love to take your word for it Nicky, but my heart is still broken from when I believed we were on the list for the ACC. I'm pushing for any P5 that offers first!
You get the golden ticket, you reply; "You had me at hello!'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They won a National Title in 1984...just saying.

They are better than UConn in football in any way shape or form that you want to measure it. On field, fans in stadium, history, fans on TV...all of them. They have other problems, sure, but that isn't one of them. Fortunately, I think they are out of the picture, so let's not worry about them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
MH and Dude predict the demise of the ACC every three months.

And in a shocking coincidence...the ACC rejected the school they are fans of. What are the odds of that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom