Non-Key Tweets | Page 387 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn (and all of us) would be bouncing with excitement if we were offered by any P5 conference. This "F the B12" tweet is about as moronic as those who suggest that we turn down the ACC while waiting for a B1G invite. We accept the first invitation extended. End of story.

Reaction Score
So this really isn't about Mike 04 because anyone could have brought that tweet into this thread, but it does make me ask why some of you want to post tweets where (i) you don't know anything about the tweeter and (ii) the tweet is silly on its face? Wouldn't you want to require either some reason to believe the author or a tweet that makes sense before sharing?

Yes, I'm a dreamer.
To be fair, this is also where we post The Dude. 95% of the tweets posted here are pure drivel, and we all come back because we're degenerates glutton for punishment.

Reaction Score
As always, the ONLY way a Big 12 invite is turned down is if Jim Delaney is on line two with an invite in hand.

Reaction Score
businesslawyer said:
So this really isn't about Mike 04 because anyone could have brought that tweet into this thread, but it does make me ask why some of you want to post tweets where (i) you don't know anything about the tweeter and (ii) the tweet is silly on its face? Wouldn't you want to require either some reason to believe the author or a tweet that makes sense before sharing? Yes, I'm a dreamer.

I understand what you're saying...but remember it's the "Non-Key Tweets" thread. It's meant for this thread.

Reaction Score
To be fair, this is also where we post The Dude. 95% of the tweets posted here are pure drivel, and we all come back because we're degenerates glutton for punishment.
Yeah, it's the non key tweet thread. I'm like a Crack addict for this thread. I know it's awful for me, but I can't wait for the next hit.

Reaction Score
I understand what you're saying...but remember it's the "Non-Key Tweets" thread. It's meant for this thread.

I know. And I tried to be clear that I was responding to your post and not criticizing you for doing what many do. But I still believe that just because a tweet is "non-key" doesn't mean that there still shouldn't be some reason to share it.

pj

Reaction Score
I know. And I tried to be clear that I was responding to your post and not criticizing you for doing what many do. But I still believe that just because a tweet is "non-key" doesn't mean that there still shouldn't be some reason to share it.

Twitter has 500 million tweets per day. Let's say 5000 per day are realignment-related. Shouldn't we see all of them, and tell our bosses we'll focus on work after UConn is in the B1G?

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 37m37 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN @IRaiseMyFlag @4hill2015 @SPORTalkBYU @BYUfootball @BYUSportsNation What do I think? Really?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 37m37 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN Only 3 possible outcomes. I'll give them percentages.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 35m35 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN Actually 4. 10% chance B12 does nothing & decides to wait & see about ACCN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 35m35 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN 30% chance B12 listens to media partners & goes with BYU & UCONN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 34m34 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN 30% chance the Big 12 adds Cincy & UCONN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 33m33 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN & 100% chance B12 does what Texas & OU decide. I know that's 170% but that's the B12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 29m29 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN UC is the regional partner promised WVU back in 2011. UCONN would give the Big 12 access to NY market.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 28m28 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN UCONN is the most valuable piece on the board if a network is in the works. Otherwise back of pack despite cool helmets.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 27m27 minutes ago
@OhMyOSN BYU is the best program on the board & gives best TV ratings. Cougar program is only one Big 12 worthy.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 22m22 minutes ago
All BYU fans need to understand there are potential issues with their prospective membership in the Big 12 despite its value.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 21m21 minutes ago
I would be cautiously optimistic but pragmatic. Membership might come down to something BYU doesn't feel like it can accommodate.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 21m21 minutes ago
I would also make peace with the fact that if BYU is asked to join it maybe for football only.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
I would caution everyone to remember the choices going into 2/4 may not be the choices when they reach a consensus.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 19m19 minutes ago
The bargaining & wrangling should be epic. But such a chaotic environment means certainty is impossible.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18m18 minutes ago
As an example of the B12's dysfunction I want to remind everyone what happened with WVU.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 17m17 minutes ago
The B12's final vote on WVU was a formality until OU voted no. WVU had to cancel a press conference it had called.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
Big 12 leaders were on a plane to Morgantown when the vote occurred. They had to turn the plane around.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
Thankfully, after a week of Fox & ESPN, threatening the Big 12 the vote went as expected.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
So, with the Big 12, it's not over until the presser is over.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
So nobody is really off the table.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
One point of clarification. The B12 has 3 media partners IMG & Fox/ESPN. Each gave the Big 12 an assessment.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5m5 minutes ago
IMG recommended a different order than Fox/ESPN based on a broader dataset & included growth projections.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
IMG recommended Memphis as a top candidate not BYU. BYU was the top choice of Fox/ESPN.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3m3 minutes ago
But it should be understood that the margin between the G5 schools was razor thin from first to last.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2m2 minutes ago
Each program had strengths & weaknesses. But On metrics alone BYU was the clear choice.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is no situation where UConn can turn down the Big 12. If the Big 12 offers them the answer has to be yes - because the offer doesn't come without that.

The Big 12 is not putting themselves in a position where schools are going to shop their offers and embarass them in public.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @esportsTN
Yeah I saw it. Gee is working hard with Boren. Gee wants expansion..Boren wants more.
UCONN & CiNCY is what both are pushing.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @esportsTN
But without a B12N OU is gone in 6-9 years.
Gone...out of Big 12.

That's it in a nut shell.
No more explaining is needed.

Reaction Score
I love the dude's constant mention of metrics. His metrics are biking hillbilly who makes up information from the voices in his head.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is no situation where UConn can turn down the Big 12. If the Big 12 offers them the answer has to be yes - because the offer doesn't come without that.

The Big 12 is not putting themselves in a position where schools are going to shop their offers and embarass them in public.

It is actually an ideal place for UConn to be with the ACC. Everyone knows that UConn will have to accept a Big 12 invitation if they get one. That means the ACC has to invite UConn before the Big 12 invitation comes, which means the ACC can't wait to see if UConn is actually invited to the Big 12 before making a decision.

If the ACC wants UConn, it has to move now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudofWV · 37m37 minutes ago
Only 1 possible outcome. I'll give it a percentage.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudofWV · 35m35 minutes ago
100% chance I have no idea what I am talking about.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudofWV · 37m37 minutes ago
Only 1 possible outcome. I'll give it a percentage.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudofWV · 35m35 minutes ago
170% chance I have no idea what I am talking about

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @esportsTN
Yeah I saw it. Gee is working hard with Boren. Gee wants expansion..Boren wants more.
UCONN & CiNCY is what both are pushing.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @esportsTN
But without a B12N OU is gone in 6-9 years.
Gone...out of Big 12.

That's it in a nut shell.
No more explaining is needed.

Just do it B12. They're the best two options when you factor you don't want to go west and make another island.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I don't get the desire for subterfuge from UConn fans. IF, IF, IF the Big 12 is interested enough to extend an offer, that is where UConn is going. I for one would be thrilled, and hope UConn does all it can to help the league prosper and work to outlast the ACC if there is eventually a pairing down from a P5 to a P4.

Reaction Score
MH saying Memphis is a front runner, and we are too far....complete opposite of what EVERYONE else is saying.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Guess I'm gonna put this here because I don't think it's "Key" in the sense that it necessarily means something, but the Tweeter certainly is legit and he's reporting what Ollie said in the postgame press conference:

@AmoreCourant:
Also on table, a #UConn men's/women's doubleheader at MSG with Baylor. Its in discussion stage

This preceded it (less CR related, but awesome):

@AmoreCourant:
Kevin Ollie said "hopefully" uconn will play syracuse next year. I'm told details are still being worked out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom