Non-Key Tweets | Page 389 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
UC's president retweeted this cartoon criticizing the Browns organization for squeezing taxpayers for their stadium. The same stadium they played in while Nippert was being rennovated.

Reaction Score
I'd love to take your word for it Nicky, but my heart is still broken from when I believed we were on the list for the ACC. I'm pushing for any P5 that offers first!
I know how you feel but even a WVU fan if their being honest would admit their not happy there too the extreme they even feel unwelcome and not appreciated...have faith UConn will get justice and end up with a nice spot fairly soon...it just seems inevitable....Houston should worry..its Big12 or stay put at least for the foreseeable future IMO...UCF/USF...seems to have fallen off the map....can't understand how Memphis got on it..lol..

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
Big 12 does not currently have the votes to expand.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @jr_mckee 4 wanting expansion. 6 against.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11m11 minutes ago
@jr_mckee Need 8.... at least.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
WVU, Baylor, Oklahoma are certainly for expansion.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 10m10 minutes ago
Boren's threats backfired.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 8m8 minutes ago
@gmatt1982 Expect some lobbying to go on.... votes will flip. I'm sure.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6m6 minutes ago
They see the $3 to $5M they will get for a CCG and don't want to share.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 7m7 minutes ago
As much as I love the B12 and its people if they can't see what's necessary then it's time for WVU to start planning its exit too.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4m4 minutes ago
Football only expansion is revenue neutral. Just pointing that out.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 15m15 minutes ago
One more item...not B12 related...but B1G related.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
Estimates of the B1G jump in profits from the new TV deal are going to be way off according to a media expert.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
He says, and he explains exactly why, the B1G can only expect a 10-15% increase in its T1 rights.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
He says the B1G cannot hit their $10M in increase in revenues per team. It's not possible he tells me.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
He says expansion for the B1G right now would reduce revenues not increase them.

Reaction Score
Guess I'm gonna put this here because I don't think it's "Key" in the sense that it necessarily means something, but the Tweeter certainly is legit and he's reporting what Ollie said in the postgame press conference:

@AmoreCourant:
Also on table, a #UConn men's/women's doubleheader at MSG with Baylor. Its in discussion stage

This preceded it (less CR related, but awesome):

@AmoreCourant:
Kevin Ollie said "hopefully" uconn will play syracuse next year. I'm told details are still being worked out.

There was also a mention (i forgot who reported it) that Ollie - or someone from UConn - was saying UConn and Syracuse are working on putting together a 3 game series. A true H&H, and a 3rd game at MSG. Nothing finalized, but thinks it will happen.

Reaction Score
IGNORE IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH GAME OF THRONES
I am thoroughly convinced that UConn is the House Stark of college athletics. Kings in the North but we always get screwed. I'll be waiting for season 6 of G.o.T. to see if there is any hope for us in CR. I am convinced that is how our fate will unfold.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11m11 minutes ago
@jr_mckee Need 8.... at least.

You can tell the Dude really knows what he's talking about since he can't even say with certainty how many schools are needed to force expansion.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that schools like Iowa State, Kansas State and Oklahoma State wouldn't be for expansion. If the Big 12 dies, they are the ones in trouble (OSU would probably be fine, but they'd likely be separated from OU which they don't want). If I'd have to guess it's probably like this right now...

For:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
West Virginia
Iowa State

Against:
Texas
Texas Tech

Undecided:
TCU
Kansas
Baylor

Reaction Score
Houston is already eating Texas's lunch in recruiting this year.
I think the last thing Texas wants to see is Tom Herman recruiting with an XII patch on his shirt when he walks into a kid's home.

If were being honest, Herman will be recruiting with a XII Patch on his shirt pretty soon. The only catch is that the shirt color is going to be Burnt Orange.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The only two teams "on record" are WVU and OU.
You're correct "on record" was too strong. However, TCU's messaging since the ACC GOR was signed has been anti-expansion.

A few examples:
Del Conte last summer: "Everyone just needs to chill (on expansion)"
Del Conte after deregulation vote when asked if this kills expansion: "Ten is a beautiful number." (Repeatedly)

I'm pretty sure they want to be the lasts ones at the party.

Reaction Score
You have a link?
I believe I read the quote was "vree vlode ow Cleksus pells us." Google Translate translates that to "we vote how Texas tells us." You have to set the translation for "Texas' balls and d!#k in your moth" to English.

I haven't seen them comment publicly, but I'd think the only reason they'd be anti-expansion is if they thought Houston had a good shot of getting the nod. Otherwise, their history says they should be looking to strengthen the Big 12 for an inevitable split with Texas and Oklahoma.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that schools like Iowa State, Kansas State and Oklahoma State wouldn't be for expansion. If the Big 12 dies, they are the ones in trouble (OSU would probably be fine, but they'd likely be separated from OU which they don't want). If I'd have to guess it's probably like this right now...

For:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
West Virginia
Iowa State

Against:
Texas
Texas Tech

Undecided:
TCU
Kansas
Baylor

Tweet a few says ago said Kansas was for and specifically for UConn.

Reaction Score
Coming to you from Big12 country:

For:
OU
WVU
OSU
KSU
ISU

Leaning for expansion:
TTU
KU
BU

Neutral to negative for expansion:
UT
TCU

For:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas State
West Virginia
Iowa State

Against:
Texas
Texas Tech

Undecided:
TCU
Kansas
Baylor

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I believe I read the quote was "vree vlode ow Cleksus pells us." Google Translate translates that to "we vote how Texas tells us." You have to set the translation for "Texas' balls and d!#k in your moth" to English.

I haven't seen them comment publicly, but I'd think the only reason they'd be anti-expansion is if they thought Houston had a good shot of getting the nod. Otherwise, their history says they should be looking to strengthen the Big 12 for an inevitable split with Texas and Oklahoma.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if TCU was playing both sides of the Big 12 divide.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Coming to you from Big12 country:

For:
OU
WVU
OSU
KSU
ISU

Leaning for expansion:
TTU
KU
BU

Neutral to negative for expansion:
UT
TCU
OK new guy from the XII... can you tell us where you're hearing this? Other fanbases?

Reaction Score
Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush · 33m33 minutes ago
@flugempire @MichaelLittman looks like its down to UConn and Cincy

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@Expansion_Crush @MichaelLittman
BTM won't go that far...but UCONN & Cincy combo was pushed (OU) as last try...we tweeted out on Jan 3rd.

Daniel Mountcastle ‏@Expansion_Crush · 56m56 minutes ago
@flugempire @MichaelLittman no momentum in Houston. But FB only is possible too, right? So, that means BYU?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 51m51 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @MichaelLittman
Boren would vomit.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Expansion_Crush @MichaelLittman
Sorry to be so blunt...but Boren wants reform not bandaids.

Ap ‏@Kyle_Ap · 53m53 minutes ago
@flugempire @Expansion_Crush do you think the Big 12 "desire" for Cincy and UConn may make the Big 10 make a proactive move for UConn?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 51m51 minutes ago
@Kyle_Ap @Expansion_Crush
No.
Not at this time. Not part of the equation.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
OK new guy from the XII... can you tell us where you're hearing this? Other fanbases?

I am a Tech grad... live in Dallas, and lets just say, have a very interesting next door neighbor.

Here is the deal, though: this is an OU / Texas power play. I think the Big 12 will expand... and it was always with BYU and Cincy. But UConn has made a push, especially w/ Boren rattling on about the network.

pj

Reaction Score
It is actually an ideal place for UConn to be with the ACC. Everyone knows that UConn will have to accept a Big 12 invitation if they get one. That means the ACC has to invite UConn before the Big 12 invitation comes, which means the ACC can't wait to see if UConn is actually invited to the Big 12 before making a decision.

If the ACC wants UConn, it has to move now.

Not only is the ACC not ideal, it may be inferior to the B12.

ACC is no longer a northeast-focused conference. Only two of the 14 ACC teams are within 480 miles of Storrs. Once you are flying, the greater distance to B12 schools doesn't matter.

B12 would elevate the football program more than the ACC. B12 is more fragile than the ACC, which is a disadvantage for most schools but advantageous for us -- makes it easier for us to move to the B1G later.

We want to become a national program. We have history with ACC schools but it is time to expose ourselves to a larger world of fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom