Non-Key Tweets | Page 375 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger 2h2 hours ago

The Big 12 will determine its top two teams based on a formula including winning percentage, APR, TV ratings and mascot body-mass index.

Brian Fremeau‏@ndfremeau 1h1 hour ago

If I'm reading the new rule correctly, ND and BYU can now form a two-team conference and play a championship game.
B1G just proposed an amendment that it must consist of two 2-team divisions, ND and UMASS in one and BYU and Army in the other.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hey OU! I know of a conference that would love to have you. They even have a partner school all ready to go. OU and UConn to the Big10!

BTW - OU and UConn would by my ideal realistic additions to the Big10 if they want to 16.
I'd sign up for that in a second. Doesn't mean I won't think the G-5 still gets a raw deal in the matter.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
More: ESPN source says a B12 network is impossible before the expiration of the current TV deal. LHN isn't the only issue.

He says ESPN will not expand LHN into a Big 12 network because of the rights issues with the current deal & Fox partnership.

And that ESPN lacks he cash for it or ACCN currently.

Two B12 sources have verified that the other 8 members will go along with whatever UT & OU decide.

The key now is the roadmap to expansion. If they can agree they are likely to add 2 by 2017 and 2 later.

All believe Texas will agree that LHN has no future beyond 2025 and help OU position the B12 to expand the conf footprint.

All believe Texas will agree that LHN has no future beyond 2025 and help OU position the B12 to expand the conf footprint.

That maybe the hook they justifies UH as a geographical addition much like UC to lessen the travel burden.

All TBD.

Reaction Score
So I just read http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ncaa-votes-big-12-hold-football-title-game-36275151 posted by bobbyinaz. Now I'm even more confused. They have to play a round robin and they do NOT yet have a set way to pick the teams in the CCG other than it must be the top 2 teams. Looks to me like there was no compromise the XII just won. ignore my post above...and this one too I'm over it now. Unless the expectation is that the XII will be dead soon this makes no sense. The XII now has the advantage they wanted.

Rule #1 is the only explanation...

Reaction Score
More: ESPN source says a B12 network is impossible before the expiration of the current TV deal. LHN isn't the only issue.

He says ESPN will not expand LHN into a Big 12 network because of the rights issues with the current deal & Fox partnership.

And that ESPN lacks he cash for it or ACCN currently.

Two B12 sources have verified that the other 8 members will go along with whatever UT & OU decide.

The key now is the roadmap to expansion. If they can agree they are likely to add 2 by 2017 and 2 later.

That maybe the hook they justifies UH as a geographical addition much like UC to lessen the travel burden.

All TBD.
I'm reading these, and nodding, and reading, and nodding, and then

i had a great reaction gif lined up but i guess we killed those again because why should anyone have any fun

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

His two sources: someone from Oklahoma and someone from UT.

Reaction Score
I'm increasingly starting to believe Flug a bit that Dude is a raging lunatic. His hunky-dory stance is directly in opposition to the words directly from the mouth of OU's president. Who's telling the truth you think?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's not that the B12 got their way and the ACC did not. It's that B12 expansion was blocked (they can now stay at 10) and ACC expansion was blocked (they cannot go to 15). So UConn is saved for the B1G.
Actually I think it is that B12 got their way and ACC did not - exactly as you said, B12 wanted to stay at 10 and can, but ACC cannot pit #1 and #2 or go to 15 with pods.

Reaction Score

So to expand the conference footprint and get a network you add Houston?
A little while ago, he said you add UConn to get a network.

Reaction Score
I wish there was a way to remove access to this forum from the board for me. I can't do this anymore and it's just muscle memory at this point.
The 5 stages - DABDA - it's like deja vu all over again for me.

Reaction Score
Anyone see UConn's mascot on Good Morning America this morning? Part of the 6th boro promotional push. Guess it's more than just a sign on a billboard.

That's awesome. Did you get a screengrab?

You laugh, but millions of people watch that show daily.

Reaction Score
That's awesome. Did you get a screengrab?

You laugh, but millions of people watch that show daily.
I wasn't watching but saw it on Facebook. Looks like some one got a screen grab of the mascot walking along the crowds of people that gather for these morning shows with that sign in the background. We may not be P5, but by god we will be in the rest the country's face one way or another. Looking forward to another such opportunity in April when our "mid-major" WBB program is winning another title.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom