Non-Key Tweets | Page 376 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
It's an FOI request on the add campaign. I'm not sure to what end, but as I said, apropos of nothing.

Sorry to do this to you. Just wanted to point out that someone else had the same idea. Worked out OK for them (after the fact, but nonetheless a location they thought worthy).

A8PipW7CEAE4F5T[1].jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing but I found this trying to search for the 6th borough campaign, specifically what they said on GMA.

It's an FOI request on the add campaign. I'm not sure to what end, but as I said, apropos of nothing.
UConn Basketball Mobile Truck?

Interesting stuff.

Had the championship game vote gone the other way, this was nice visibility before a Big 12 expansion vote. I think we learned some lessons from the Louisville debacle. It's a very professional approach.

Reaction Score
UConn Basketball Mobile Truck?

Interesting stuff.

Had the championship game vote gone the other way, this was nice visibility before a Big 12 expansion vote. I think we learned some lessons from the Louisville debacle. It's a very professional approach.

The truck was parked outside of Van Diemens for the game watch last Saturday night. It's pretty awesome.

CL82

Reaction Score
The truck was parked outside of Van Diemens for the game watch last Saturday night. It's pretty awesome.
Cool. Anyone have a picture of it?

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/spo...ote-is-a-win-for-the-big-12-loss-for-b/np4pr/

Clueless.
The Texas Faction live in a completely different world than others in B12.
B12 Cival War is here.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 31m31 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

Ok...now for the lowdown.
OU/WVU looked for combo to nestle together a coalition..a momentum to make Exp happen.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 30m30 minutes ago
Per Oklahoma Contacts: UH - Cincy - UCONN
OU supported UCONN late in process hoping to unlock Texas Faction (no on UH) towards expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 28m28 minutes ago
But one more point...let's make this clear.
There is no: 3 for Expansion..4 in middle...3 against
Reality, If UT have said yes...done deal

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
There is no leverage for OU/expansion faction leading into Feb 4 B12 meetings.
OU & UT interests no longer intersect in any manner.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 23m23 minutes ago
The only 2 stories left to follow:
1) Can Oklahoma find a way to rip through the lock of the B12 GOR?
2) OU suitors lining up - 2026.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago
Why is Boren & Oklahoma so persistent on B12 getting Conf Network?
Oklahoma wants to be in on National Branding/Marketing.

Daniel Mountcastle
‏@Expansion_Crush @flugempire I have a solution. Join the Big Ten with Kansas.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16m16 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush
More plausible than ever in 2026. Although SEC will be, already is, knocking on OU door...loudly.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 19m19 minutes ago
@Briuconn
B12 GOR locks everyone in place until 2026...unless half of conference bolts at same time.
OU can't leave alone.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
The messaging coming out of Texas Bloggers/Writers after the Dereg vote is spectacular in its blindness in reality of a true B12 Cival War.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Matthew Gauriglia...was wondering the reason for the request. A history professor, but is he a sports fan?

If I had to speculate, I'd say he is not. I don't know anything about the man, but the website is described as, "a collaborative news site that gives you the tools to keep our government transparent and accountable."

Reading between the lines, I'd guess he is interested in how much money the school is "wasting" on the campaign, considering the condition of the state budget crisis and rising tuition. On the other hand, professors should be aware more than anyone else what a successful sports program does for a school. They may not like it, but athletics are the face of the institution. It is no coincidence that UConn's applications increased by 30% for the Fall 2000 semester and again in 2005. Academics are obviously and undeniably important. They are the load baring walls of the house, but athletics is the paint and landscaping.

"...but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment?..." - Coach Winters, The Program

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guess he was at the SNY studios last night too. Go Dog.
CYodjYmWkAINoO1.jpg

I want to see him replace the guy in the Dos Equis commercials as the world's most interesting man.

Reaction Score
If you were the SEC, Big 10, ACC and Pac 12, and you wanted to blow up the Big 12, you would have voted for deregulation yesterday.
I wouldn't have agreed with you last week, but, yeah, this vote has really highlighted the fissures in this conference.

Reaction Score
If any of this is true (about OU and TX), and it sounds somewhat plausible , then maybe UConn has been (and will continue to) work TX hard. Sell them on UConn and Cincy getting them into OH and New England / New York while bringing quality sports but not threatening them in football (performance or recruiting).

I'm just shocked that TX can't be convinced that this move wouldn't dilute their revenue, wouldn't threaten their sports, and would strengthen the conference. If TX plans on leaving, it's even worse that they won't allow expansion. Why not leave your partners in a better place if you can.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
FWIW, the petitioner is a UConn history professor.
My guess is he's going to cry about the school spending tens of thousands of dollars on this campaign when they could give all instructors an extra few hundred per semester.

In reality, if this campaign is only slightly successful it will be worth every penny.

Reaction Score
If any of this is true (about OU and TX), and it sounds somewhat plausible , then maybe UConn has been (and will continue to) work TX hard. Sell them on UConn and Cincy getting them into OH and New England / New York while bringing quality sports but not threatening them in football (performance or recruiting).

I'm just shocked that TX can't be convinced that this move wouldn't dilute their revenue, wouldn't threaten their sports, and would strengthen the conference. If TX plans on leaving, it's even worse that they won't allow expansion. Why not leave your partners in a better place if you can.

Reasons:
(1) TX has too much ego to admit their LHN is not successful.
(2) TX does not partner with anyone so why would they care about anyone's bottom line but their own?

CL82

Reaction Score
Reasons:
(1) TX has too much ego to admit their LHN is not successful.
(2) TX does not partner with anyone so why would they care about anyone's bottom line but their own?
LHN is very successful...for Texas. The fact that ESPN is taking a beating on it isn't Texas' problem.

Edit: Damn it Whaler, you beat me by 4 minutes!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom