Non-Key Tweets | Page 374 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Agreed, while this isn't necessarily a positive that the Big 12 opportunity passed, it did not harm us directly, nor the conference. Staying in the AAC minus Cincinnati and Houston would have been an abject disaster.

That said, now that 12 teams aren't necessary for a conference championship, can we boot Tulsa and Tulane?

I want to keep Tulane in just for an annual excuse to the wife for a road trip with the boys to NoLa. Better than Tulsa, Houston, Dallas, etc.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Just because this legislation passed and the big 12 isn't forced to expand doesn't mean that expansion is off the table. I think that Oklahoma and West Virginia will still try to push for eastern expansion. If not, the league will be picked apart in a few years.

Reaction Score
RE: CCG Deregulation has passed
Steve H ‏@SoonerSteve1 34m34 minutes ago
@OU_Football it's time to leave the Big12..

I think that instead of expansion, it is now much likelier that the SEC breaks up.

Oklahoma to the SEC.

Not sure what to do with Oklahoma St.

This was all about Texas's TV Network. A redo of the B12 package through expansion would allow leverage for Oklahoma to press against Texas, or be rejected. Now Texas has a good logical argument against Oklahoma. I can't say Oklahoma is unhappy, but in striving for more $$, all it takes for Oklahoma to start stewing again is a championship game fiasco.

Reaction Score

I think that instead of expansion, it is now much likelier that the SEC breaks up.

Oklahoma to the SEC.

This was all about Texas's TV Network. A redo of the B12 package through expansion would allow leverage for Oklahoma to press against Texas, or be rejected. Now Texas has a good logical argument against Oklahoma. I can't say Oklahoma is unhappy, but in striving for more $$, all it takes for Oklahoma to start stewing again is a championship game fiasco.
You mean the Big 12 breaks up?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I follow the deregulation compromise...the XII wanted to have a CCG with 2 teams that they picked. The ACC supposedly wanted some sort of 3 division deal and then pick the best 2 from the 3 division champions. The B1G wanted to make sure the system demanded 2 divisions and the champion of each played in the CCG...so now the compromise is to have no divisions but let the polls pick the teams for the CCG? Unless the B1G pulled a fast one I don't see that being a compromise they would go for based on what I've read. Maybe they would have been ok with divisions of 5 but no divisions means the XII and the ACC gets what they wanted...to make sure they have the best chance of getting a team in the playoffs. So while the other 3 P5's have to risk having their best 2 teams in 1 division the XII and ACC only risk that the polls somehow screw them? I think I'm not understanding something here. IMO this only makes sense if the B1G plans to go to say 18 schools and doesn't want to basically be 2 conferences. Now they could go to no divisions and do something like having 5 permanent rivals and then rotate the remaining 12 schools 4 per year over 3 years. The best 2 teams in the polls play for the title. I’m just trying to figure out the 180° here. Or again have I misunderstood all along?

Reaction Score
So I just read http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ncaa-votes-big-12-hold-football-title-game-36275151 posted by bobbyinaz. Now I'm even more confused. They have to play a round robin and they do NOT yet have a set way to pick the teams in the CCG other than it must be the top 2 teams. Looks to me like there was no compromise the XII just won. ignore my post above...and this one too I'm over it now. Unless the expectation is that the XII will be dead soon this makes no sense. The XII now has the advantage they wanted.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think the most interesting part is that the ACC got completely waxed by this. They tried to piggyback on the B12 proposal to get their request through, and instead the B12 won without them. That was a slap in the face.

Reaction Score
And the kicker is that the XII says they're still not sure they want a CCG...some years maybe yes, some years maybe no. Maybe they can just schedule for it and decide after rival week which is best for them. CR is a strange and stupid thing but this IMO is stupid with 2 oo's....STOOPID!

Reaction Score
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again...

Brady Vardeman‏@BradyVardeman 34m34 minutes ago

.@President_Boren says Big 12 would still be disadvantaged even with title game: http://Post original url/1Sje4kL #Sooners pic.twitter.com/VmCa8A5uB7

CYo6d6HWYAAqAXF.jpg

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 18m18 minutes ago

Sooner Storm is rising in Big 12. Do you get it now Dude? No..forget it...you don't have clue. Keep riding.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire
19m19 minutes ago

This is a horrible day for the Big 12. Cold War about to get real within Big 12. Big 12 bloggers/writers are so out of touch with own Conf.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire 14m14 minutes ago

Boren's key words "all at the same time" Get it? All of these things...B12N + CCG + Expansion must happen at same time. Must.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 31m31 minutes ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Brady Vardeman

https://mobile.twitter.com/BradyVardeman/status/687427258341015552… Do you understand now? Boren is not shi**ing around.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again...

Brady Vardeman‏@BradyVardeman 34m34 minutes ago

.@President_Boren says Big 12 would still be disadvantaged even with title game: http://Post original url/1Sje4kL #Sooners pic.twitter.com/VmCa8A5uB7

CYo6d6HWYAAqAXF.jpg

Hey OU! I know of a conference that would love to have you. They even have a partner school all ready to go. OU and UConn to the Big10!

BTW - OU and UConn would by my ideal realistic additions to the Big10 if they want to 16.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hey OU! I know of a conference that would love to have you. They even have a partner school all ready to go. OU and UConn to the Big10!

BTW - OU and UConn would by my ideal realistic additions to the Big10 if they want to 16.
If I'm UConn, I say "Hey OU we'll go halfsies with you on any penalties you owe XII on your way out"

Reaction Score

Oklahoma to the SEC.

It only took an hour for me to be right. Oklahoma is unhappy.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Best case scenario (10000000x better than us joining Big 12) is OU getting pissed and leaving the Big 12. Would cause such a seismic reconstruction of conferences that we'd end up in P5 for sure.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma isn't going anywhere. They're pissed now, but they'll calm down eventually and it'll all go back to the way it was

Reaction Score
Best case scenario (10000000x better than us joining Big 12) is OU getting pissed and leaving the Big 12. Would cause such a seismic reconstruction of conferences that we'd end up in P5 for sure.

I can think of a much better/bigger scenario.

1. UConn joins the B12 as constituted now and it stays together.

2. UConn surpasses BC and Syracuse in football and it starts grabbing recruits from New England and New York that would formerly go to BC or Cuse.

3. UConn makes itself into a bonafide P5 school, and by the time the other contracts are up in other conferences, UConn becomes a much wanted property.

Otherwise, say Oklahoma and Kansas leave for the B1G (Frank the Tank's scenario). Texas goes ACC or Pac10 with maybe Texas Tech.

Or to the ACC.

UConn then is fighting to stay relevant by joining up with Kansas St., Iowa St., Baylor, TCU, West Virginia, Oklahoma St. This B12 wants to add 6 teams, and they are looking at Cincy, SMU, Houston, BYU, Colorado St., Boise St., San Diego St., UCF, USF, East Carolina, Tulane, Memphis and UConn.

Only 6 teams get in. BYU is a definite. So make that 5.

Reaction Score
Boot out Tulsa and Tulane tomorrow. Round robin the league and now we only have to worry about scheduling 3 OOC games. Warde can go 3 P5 schools or 2 P5 and a regional rival (Mass).

If you go to 9 conference games, you lose a home game every other year (unless you're the B1G). In other words, it's less money.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
It only took an hour for me to be right. Oklahoma is unhappy.

As they should be. OU and, to a lesser extent, Kansas have so much to lose being in the shadow of the LHN. Any other school not named Texas really has no other option. OU is leaving so much money and exposure on the table being in the Big12.

pj

Reaction Score
I think the most interesting part is that the ACC got completely waxed by this. They tried to piggyback on the B12 proposal to get their request through, and instead the B12 won without them. That was a slap in the face.

It's not that the B12 got their way and the ACC did not. It's that B12 expansion was blocked (they can now stay at 10) and ACC expansion was blocked (they cannot go to 15). So UConn is saved for the B1G.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think this one is a Key Tweet. Straight from Boren's mouth is HUGE news. OU's position: they are very much pro-expansion and by the sounds of it, want a Network (aka want UConn).

Already there...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom