Non-Key Tweets | Page 372 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
There must be some odd factors we're not aware of, otherwise how can one explain Rutgers.
Eyeballs: 9 million people live in New Jersey.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The post I responded to said that one of the compromises would be to drop one league game and schedule a tougher OOC.
They were dropping a proposed championship game, not a regular conference game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 finally figured out their problem is their OOC schedules and not the lack of a championship game... I'm almost impressed.

Reaction Score
They were dropping a proposed championship game, not a regular conference game.

That would be a shock. Everyone else has 8 conference games because it maximizes home games. If they decide to go 9 conference plus upgraded OOC, that would take huge money out of their pockets, and negate any benefits of not having a CG.

Any attempt to upgrade the OOC while also playing 9 conference games will naturally mean fewer home games, which is highly doubtful.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
That would be a shock. Everyone else has 8 conference games because it maximizes home games. If they decide to go 9 conference plus upgraded OOC, that would take huge money out of their pockets, and negate any benefits of not having a CG.

Any attempt to upgrade the OOC while also playing 9 conference games will naturally mean fewer home games, which is highly doubtful.
If they can make the financials work by adding 2 teams, the big 12 would be better served by going going to 2 divisions of 6 and going to 8 conference games and strengthening their ooc schedules.

Reaction Score
If they can make the financials work by adding 2 teams, the big 12 would be better served by going going to 2 divisions of 6 and going to 8 conference games and strengthening their ooc schedules.

Yes, exactly. That's what I'm saying.

Just some simple math here.

If you schedule more than 1 P5 OOC game, that means you only get one home game per year against P5 OOC. Then you schedule a scrub for a home game. That's 2 home games OOC.

But in seasons when you have only 4 conference homes games, that gives you a total of 6 games for that year. Every other P5 team has at least 7 home games, some of them have more.

Currently, the B12 has the same deal. 2 scrubs + 5 home games = 7. Or 2 scrubs + 4 home games + 1 P5 OOC = 7.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

The Big10 is going to 9 conference games starting in 2016.

Reaction Score
The Big10 is going to 9 conference games starting in 2016.

Yes, I know that very well. The point is 2 tough OOC games + 9 games.

The B1G is not going to schedule 2 tough OOC games. The B1G will play a MAC and they'll make sure that some other team is traveling for a road game each year. In other words, the B1G will make damn sure that they'll have 7 home games a year at the very least if not more. The B12 can't do that by doing 2 home-and-homes OOC each year.

Put it this way, are Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan going to give up proceeds from 100k tickets sold? I don't think so.

Reaction Score
John Solomon@johnsolomoncbs
Pac-12 tables NCAA proposal to allow athletes to profit off their name for non-athletic business ventures http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25446855/ncaa-convention-preview-concern-over-players-profiting-off-their-names…

Christopher Lambert@thedudeofwv
@JonSolomonCBS Jon, if the SEC isn't opposed to the B12 having a CCG with 10 & no members why are they voting against the legislation?

@theDudeofWV Pretty sure SEC supports the latest B1G amendment: 10 members, round robin, no divisions. SEC doesn't want total deregulation.

@JonSolomonCBS Sankey has said he isn't against a B12 CCG w 10 & no divisions. So I'm curious what concerns the SEC?

@theDudeofWV Not sure I'm following you. This latest amendment wasn't on the table when Sankey spoke Sunday. My guess is he will support it.

@JonSolomonCBS But if you mean Sankey opposes the B1G amendment but not the legislation. Itself then it makes sense.

@JonSolomonCBS I'm trying to find out why Sankey had spoken for the amendment previously.

spartypants@WACspartypants
@JonSolomonCBS @theDudeofWV @sg2waugh

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS @theDudeofWV CCG deregulation comes down to Pac-12 support. Whichever way they go will decide

@sg2waugh @JonSolomonCBS @theDudeofWV don't think you had sec opposed last I looked

@WACspartypants @sg2waugh @JonSolomonCBS don't think they do. SEC doesn't want the B12 to expand. Especially into SEC territory.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS SEC & B1G not worried about expansion. Cincy, UConn, who cares? AAC only conference at risk.

@sg2waugh @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS SEC doesn't want Big 12 in Florida. At least they didn't want them in Fla with FSU.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS no ACC school will ever consider B12. Texas might eventually bail to ACC if (when) OU bolts

@sg2waugh Your statement about no ACC schools leaving for the Big 12 was almost as ignorant as your statement about Texas joining the ACC.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV Big 12 unstable. When TV contract runs out, all bets off. OU has made it very clear they'll bolt the first chance they get.

@sg2waugh Clear? How? You know how that started? A few idiots heard the news about the B1G evaluating OU in 2011 & jumped to conclusions.

@sg2waugh As a matter of fact Dave Boren was a driving force behind the B12 GoR & is now the primary power broker in the Big 12.

@sg2waugh OU doesn't want in the SEC, B1G or Pac 12. They want a strong Big 12. Boren's on record saying that & his desire to have a network

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV Yeah right. He'd pass up a chance to join CIC.
ROFL

@sg2waugh Yet the ACC has the lowest revenues of the P5 and the weakest SoS. Several key schools - FSU & UNC - have revenue problems.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV FSU is a research university. Nexus with Duke, UNC, Virginia, far more important and larger part of revenue than athletics

@sg2waugh And private schools like Pitt are losing between 4-6 million each year on football.

@sg2waugh Plus 80% of ACC football viewers watch FSU & Clemson. The other 12 have the lowest combined TV ratings - even behind AAC.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV We'll let things play out over the next decade. I'm 99% sure you have a homers opinion of the B12 that will be proven wrong

@sg2waugh The Big Ten amendment is to stop the ACC from going to pods & arranging a FSU-Clemson CCG every year.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV FSU was awarded more than $252.548m in total research expenditures. That almost triples athletics, funds profs. >> atheltics

@sg2waugh I suggest you go back to 2012 and view Jim Smith's speech to the FSU board about athletic funding.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV West Virginia will be a G5 school

@sg2waugh @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS The Big 12 turned down FSU because of the TV contract & the SEC Sugar Bowl deal.

@sg2waugh The ACC is the Big East plus FSU & Clemson. FSU wants out & will leave if the ACCN doesn't happen.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV FSU would accept SEC and maybe B1G, but not B12. Presidents make that decision not ADs. research nexus outweighs athletics

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV We'll let things play out over the next decade. I'm 99% sure you have a homers opinion of the B12 that will be proven wrong

@sg2waugh The Big Ten amendment is to stop the ACC from going to pods & arranging a FSU-Clemson CCG every year.

@sg2waugh I suggest you go back to 2012 and view Jim Smith's speech to the FSU board about athletic funding.

@sg2waugh Funny... what has the ACC done for FSU. The last time I checked in 2012 the answer was nothing.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV West Virginia will be a G5 school by 2030

@sg2waugh FSU has already cut the athletic budget across the board.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV So has Cal.
All P5 schools not breaking even is the result of poor budget control. Not of lack of revenue

@sg2waugh The man at FSU who wanted to leave for the Big 12 is still there and he has more power than ever - Jimbo Fisher.

@sg2waugh The only ACC school with self-support athletics is NCST. Whereas 6 of 10 Big 12 schools are self supporting.

@sg2waugh Really? have you seen Pitt's attendance numbers? What about BC? Wake? Duke plays in a high school stadium.

@sg2waugh FSU's academic success & the inability to support athletics with academic money makes it MORE likely FSU leaves.

@theDudeofWV but not for Big 12.

@sg2waugh It royally pisses me off when someone like you with a peripheral understanding of expansion, asserts fiction is indeed fact.

@sg2waugh And the Big 12 has actually helped WVU with research projects and funding.

@sg2waugh The Big 12 is also a much stronger football conference. Much stronger. It also has 3 AAU schools.

@sg2waugh The current gap between the B12 and ACC is $12M and will grow. $12M a year is a lot for a school with a limited alumni base.

@sg2waugh The Big 12 turned FSU down. But if ACCN doesn't happen why wouldn't FSU leave?

ME: Classic Dude! :D:p

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Pac-12 tables NCAA proposal to allow athletes to profit off their name for non-athletic business ventures http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25446855/ncaa-convention-preview-concern-over-players-profiting-off-their-names…

@JonSolomonCBS Jon, if the SEC isn't opposed to the B12 having a CCG with 10 & no members why are they voting against the legislation?

@theDudeofWV Pretty sure SEC supports the latest B1G amendment: 10 members, round robin, no divisions. SEC doesn't want total deregulation.

@JonSolomonCBS Sankey has said he isn't against a B12 CCG w 10 & no divisions. So I'm curious what concerns the SEC?

@theDudeofWV Not sure I'm following you. This latest amendment wasn't on the table when Sankey spoke Sunday. My guess is he will support it.

@JonSolomonCBS But if you mean Sankey opposes the B1G amendment but not the legislation. Itself then it makes sense.

@JonSolomonCBS I'm trying to find out why Sankey had spoken for the amendment previously.

@JonSolomonCBS @theDudeofWV @sg2waugh

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS @theDudeofWV CCG deregulation comes down to Pac-12 support. Whichever way they go will decide

@sg2waugh @JonSolomonCBS @theDudeofWV don't think you had sec opposed last I looked

@WACspartypants @sg2waugh @JonSolomonCBS don't think they do. SEC doesn't want the B12 to expand. Especially into SEC territory.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS SEC & B1G not worried about expansion. Cincy, UConn, who cares? AAC only conference at risk.

@sg2waugh @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS SEC doesn't want Big 12 in Florida. At least they didn't want them in Fla with FSU.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS no ACC school will ever consider B12. Texas might eventually bail to ACC if (when) OU bolts

@sg2waugh Your statement about no ACC schools leaving for the Big 12 was almost as ignorant as your statement about Texas joining the ACC.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV Big 12 unstable. When TV contract runs out, all bets off. OU has made it very clear they'll bolt the first chance they get.

@sg2waugh Clear? How? You know how that started? A few idiots heard the news about the B1G evaluating OU in 2011 & jumped to conclusions.

@sg2waugh As a matter of fact Dave Boren was a driving force behind the B12 GoR & is now the primary power broker in the Big 12.

@sg2waugh OU doesn't want in the SEC, B1G or Pac 12. They want a strong Big 12. Boren's on record saying that & his desire to have a network

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV Yeah right. He'd pass up a chance to join CIC.
ROFL

@sg2waugh Yet the ACC has the lowest revenues of the P5 and the weakest SoS. Several key schools - FSU & UNC - have revenue problems.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV FSU is a research university. Nexus with Duke, UNC, Virginia, far more important and larger part of revenue than athletics

@sg2waugh And private schools like Pitt are losing between 4-6 million each year on football.

@sg2waugh Plus 80% of ACC football viewers watch FSU & Clemson. The other 12 have the lowest combined TV ratings - even behind AAC.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV FSU was awarded more than $252.548m in total research expenditures. That almost triples athletics, funds profs. >> atheltics

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV West Virginia will be a G5 school

@sg2waugh @WACspartypants @JonSolomonCBS The Big 12 turned down FSU because of the TV contract & the SEC Sugar Bowl deal.

@sg2waugh The ACC is the Big East plus FSU & Clemson. FSU wants out & will leave if the ACCN doesn't happen.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV FSU would accept SEC and maybe B1G, but not B12. Presidents make that decision not ADs. research nexus outweighs athletics

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh

@sg2waugh Funny... what has the ACC done for FSU. The last time I checked in 2012 the answer was nothing.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV West Virginia will be a G5 school by 2030

@sg2waugh FSU has already cut the athletic budget across the board.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV So has Cal.
All P5 schools not breaking even is the result of poor budget control. Not of lack of revenue

@sg2waugh The man at FSU who wanted to leave for the Big 12 is still there and he has more power than ever - Jimbo Fisher.

@sg2waugh The only ACC school with self-support athletics is NCST. Whereas 6 of 10 Big 12 schools are self supporting.

@sg2waugh Really? have you seen Pitt's attendance numbers? What about BC? Wake? Duke plays in a high school stadium.

@sg2waugh FSU's academic success & the inability to support athletics with academic money makes it MORE likely FSU leaves.

@theDudeofWV but not for Big 12.

@sg2waugh It royally pisses me off when someone like you with a peripheral understanding of expansion, asserts fiction is indeed fact.

@sg2waugh And the Big 12 has actually helped WVU with research projects and funding.

@sg2waugh The Big 12 is also a much stronger football conference. Much stronger. It also has 3 AAU schools.

@sg2waugh The current gap between the B12 and ACC is $12M and will grow. $12M a year is a lot for a school with a limited alumni base.

@sg2waugh The Big 12 turned FSU down. But if ACCN doesn't happen why wouldn't FSU leave?

ME: Classic Dude! :D:p
Since when is Pitt a private school?

Reaction Score
B12 must match 2 highest ranked schools.

That should be a lot of fun and make for a lot of good-natured craziness in the polls, LOL.

Let's see how log the XII follows this. My guess, the year an undefeated Oklahoma is #1 in the XII followed by a 1 loss TCU/Baylor/OK St, etc. and then a 1 loss U Texas. Somehow, some way, that lower ranked Long Horns team will be in their 'championship.'

Reaction Score
Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh

@sg2waugh Funny too that the ACC is an athletic conference not a quiz bowl conference.

Stuart Waugh@sg2waugh
@theDudeofWV Your ignorance is amazing. That is why Rutgers & Maryland in B1G, A&M and Missouri picked by SEC

@sg2waugh What? I know why UMD is in the B1G. The ACC is a basketball conference in a football world.

@sg2waugh The same forces that drove UMD and RU to the B1G could mean the ACC suffers significant losses in the next round.

@sg2waugh Because the TV markets delivered by UNC, UVA, GT are far more valuable to OU's TV market.

@sg2waugh None of those moves were made to improve football - they were made to add markets. Designated market areas as defined by Nielsen.

@sg2waugh So let's say you are the B1G or SEC. You want more revenue. Who do you add? A power program with a medium market?

@sg2waugh Or do you add the largest marked with the most cable households to secure the highest carriage fees possible?

@sg2waugh Texas has turned down the B1G, the ACC and the Pac 12 in the past 2 years. OU isn't AAU which means the B1G isn't interested.

@sg2waugh The SEC already has TAMU so adding Texas would be market duplication. The same reason why they will not add FSU or Clemson.

@sg2waugh Since neither FSU or Clemson are AAU do you expect them to leave for the Pac 12?

@sg2waugh And the Big Ten is also on record saying AAU membership is a requirement for future members. Both UMD and RU are members.

@sg2waugh So are UVA, UNC, GT & Duke.

@sg2waugh Why? Because the Big Ten is on record wanting UVA, UNC, Duke & GT. It's not conjecture. It's a statement.

@sg2waugh And the SEC wants schools from Virginia and NC for SECN.

@sg2waugh I will also point out to you that current Clemson president Jim Clements was at WVU previously. He knows the score.

@sg2waugh And Clements has a strong dislike for the ACC as a conference.

@sg2waugh So the odds are greater that it's the ACC that is drastically changed by 2025 and not the Big 12.

Some ACC jerk ruined my night. That and I'm worried about my wife who is out on the roads and late. My cell phone is in her car too.

So I'm sitting here worried sick and about to kit up and take the bike out to look for her.

I know it shouldn't bother me by now ...

But when conceited ACC fans with their heads stuck in the sand claim no ACC school would join the Big 12 it gets my goat.

ME: Aww...someone needs a hug! :D:p

Reaction Score

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
@sg2waugh If June 30th, 2017 comes and goes without ESPN biting on ACCN then FSU is gone.

ME: I like that he gives out a date! Go ahead and bet the opposite. :D

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Yes, I know that very well. The point is 2 tough OOC games + 9 games.

The B1G is not going to schedule 2 tough OOC games. The B1G will play a MAC and they'll make sure that some other team is traveling for a road game each year. In other words, the B1G will make damn sure that they'll have 7 home games a year at the very least if not more. The B12 can't do that by doing 2 home-and-homes OOC each year.

Put it this way, are Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan going to give up proceeds from 100k tickets sold? I don't think so.

Of course they are going to have 7 home games per year, doesn't mean they won't schedule home and homes. We have already scheduled quite a few home and homes with P5 schools. In fact, in 2020, we are at Washington and home vs VT. In 2021, we are at home vs Washington and play at VT. One of those years we can only have 6 home games. Now that could have been a Dave Brandon special, but it does happen.

Reaction Score
Of course they are going to have 7 home games per year, doesn't mean they won't schedule home and homes. We have already scheduled quite a few home and homes with P5 schools. In fact, in 2020, we are at Washington and home vs VT. In 2021, we are at home vs Washington and play at VT. One of those years we can only have 6 home games. Now that could have been a Dave Brandon special, but it does happen.

Yes, right, but given what the B12 is saying, it wouldn't happen just once in a blue moon. It would happen every other year. I don't see Texas agreeing to that. Do you?

The TV package is all well and good, but the money lost from an extra home game dwarfs any losses from extra members. If there are any losses at all from extra members.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom