Non-Key Tweets | Page 370 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 15h15 hours ago
Next 24 hours is crucial to the future of the Big 12 beyond 2026.
If you are KST-BAY-WVU-ISU-TCU-you want B12 expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 15h15 hours ago
Big Ten/SEC/PAC are not going to give Big 12 advantages...but may give them enough rope to help them limp toward 2026.

#poachtodeath

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Know a lot of people from top schools that interview down here for the Medical School. Cincinnati has the #1 Children's Hospital in the country too.

Um no...that would be Boston Children's Hospital. Has been for years. Cincinnati did place third though. But Boston Children's has long been the clear leader, top spot in 7 out of 10 categories. I looked at U Cincinnati for law school, it's decent, #87.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Kirk Bohls

Big 12 Death Rattle

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Kirk Bohls

Big 12
RIP (1994-2026)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 12m12 minutes ago
If Expansion Train is stopped...it means OU has deferred to UT with the understanding OU is gone in 2026.
No turning back for Oklahoma.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11m11 minutes ago
There are "interests" in other P5 that would call it a victory if B12 agrees to 10 school Conf with CCG top 2 seeds.
B12 remains RC Cola.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 9m9 minutes ago
There are those who will argue OU doesn't have to wait until 2026.
I understand their argument..I just don't agree.
However...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8m8 minutes ago
...I do believe if there is a pathway out of B12 GOR before 2026 for OU it was built with Borens public statements last Spring.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
No one can argue Oklahoma has not done all it could to improve and make the conference stable...to help it get out of its RC Cola exsitence.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5m5 minutes ago
So maybe OU can argue its interests have been violated..or worked against by B12 in total.
I don't know...I don't see it.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
But what we do know...this "compromise"...if successful...is the B12 Death Rattle.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Expansion_Crush No.
If compromise is successful...its poaching time in 2026 of B12. "Interests@in SEC/B1G want this...

GREG S WA IM SHOW
‏@GS wai m I'm probably as disappointed in this news as anyone. Ten teams isn't going to keep #Big12 together, and they'll be poached by other P5.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted GR EG SW AI M SHOW
https://mobile.twitter.com/GS /status/686950858341273600
Mr. S wam is 100% correct.
If this compromise happens...awful news for many.
Sad day if it happens.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush ....yep.
Oklahoma wanted the B12 to grow up.
This will fester....cold dark days ahead for Big 12.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
@CincyP5orbust
OU won the majority of B12 for expansion
But other interests in SEC/B1G want B12 to limp toward 2026 (poaching)
Twisted..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1m1 minute ago
And to be transparent.
If compromise happens...
We @flugempire were wrong.

This was not forseen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure if this would be good or bad news. Good news is nobody leaves the AAC, bad news is we don't get to leave. Ultimately B1G should and I believe is the goal, but being in the Big12 until then as a "holding spot" would be great.

That said, while I'm not a Big12 fan, I'd take it for 5-10 years until we can get to the B1G. Staying in this crap fest is not realistic for us long term.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
We had zero info in regards to B10 ever agreeing to any compromise with Big 12 on deregulation.

Zilch.
Nada.

If it does truly happen.

Reaction Score
G R E G S W A I M SHOW ‏@GSwaim · 42m42 minutes ago
#Big12, #B1G negotiating changes to vote, allowing CCG as long as there are divisions. Obviously not good news for fans of expansion.

G R E G S W A I M SHOW ‏@GSwaim · 40m40 minutes ago
I'm probably as disappointed in this news as anyone. Ten teams isn't going to keep #Big12 together, and they'll be poached by other P5.

G R E G S W AI M SHOW ‏@GSwaim · 38m38 minutes ago
If you're an #ISU or #KState fan, you'd better be very worried, as when poaching begins there may be only 8 spots for the 10 #Big12 teams.

Mike Pancake
‏@_vwag23 @GSwaim when will other leagues look to expand to 16?

GR EG SW AIM SHOW ‏@G Sw aim · 36m36 minutes ago
When new conference TV deals come up in 6-7 years.

Kahnman
‏@jkahn88 @GSw aim you can ignore me all you want, but it would be a better deal for B12 to poach #FSU, #GT, #Clemson, and #VT.

G R EG S W AI M SHOW ‏@GSwaim · 38m38 minutes ago
Obviously, but why would those schools leave the better conference they're in?

Hihoze
‏@hihoze @GSw ai m so if B12 is still at 10 in 6 or 7 years, you think they will be picked apart by the other P4 Conferences? Hence the need for 2 ads?

G R EG S W AI M SHOW ‏@G Sw aim · 36m36 minutes ago
They'll be the ones on the chopping block when new TV deals forming for 16-team power conferences.

The Real Bob Mayhew
‏@HabibHaddad @G Swai m Better? I'd call it a wash with the Big XII paying way more money.

G R EG S WAI M SHOW ‏@GSw ai m · 34m34 minutes ago
Not in the next TV contract, if OU, Texas can get much more to leave.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just don't see why the remaining power conferences would allow the B12 to continue playing a round robin style and pick their top 2 seeds for a Championship Game when every other conference runs the risk of a CCG upset by a lower ranked team. Unless, of course, the writing is on the wall everywhere...including in the conference commissioner's offices and it is completely understood that the B12 will cease to exist after 2026. If that's the case, I hope the people at Baylor, TCU, TT, OSU, ISU, KSU, and WVU are keeping their CR resumes updated. If not, we might be conference mates afterall.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just don't see why the remaining power conferences would allow the B12 to continue playing a round robin style and pick their top 2 seeds for a Championship Game when every other conference runs the risk of a CCG upset by a lower ranked team. Unless, of course, the writing is on the wall everywhere...including in the conference commissioner's offices and it is completely understood that the B12 will cease to exist after 2026. If that's the case, I hope the people at Baylor, TCU, TT, OSU, ISU, KSU, and WVU are keeping their CR resumes updated. If not, we might be conference mates afterall.

This is designed to give more time for the SEC/ACC/BIG and PAC to explore taking the best B12 schools leaving the flotsam for the AAC/MtnWest. Super 16 conf maybe coming after all for the P4. A P4 that will better maximize markets and geography.

Reaction Score
Let's say -- not that I believe any of this crap -- that the XII staying at 10 means that, in 6 ir 7 years, the better teams will be pulled out of the XII by other conferences. If that is true, how does adding a Cincy and a Houston or UConn in any way, shape or form change what will happen in 6 ir 7 years? Answer -- it doesn't.

So much is posted in social media that, by the sheer weight of probabilities, some of it will end up being true. But the thought that anyone actually knows what is going to happen by virtue of this chatter is just dumb.

Reaction Score
Let's say -- not that I believe any of this crap -- that the XII staying at 10 means that, in 6 ir 7 years, the better teams will be pulled out of the XII by other conferences. If that is true, how does adding a Cincy and a Houston or UConn in any way, shape or form change what will happen in 6 ir 7 years? Answer -- it doesn't.

So much is posted in social media that, by the sheer weight of probabilities, some of it will end up being true. But the thought that anyone actually knows what is going to happen by virtue of this chatter is just dumb.
Party pooper

Reaction Score

I think the theory is that it gives the rest of the Big 12 schools a chance to stay together when TX and OK leave.

Reaction Score
Um no...that would be Boston Children's Hospital. Has been for years. Cincinnati did place third though. But Boston Children's has long been the clear leader, top spot in 7 out of 10 categories. I looked at U Cincinnati for law school, it's decent, #87.

Actually that depends which practice area you are talking about. Philly CH heads a number of lists as well. And Hopkins is usually the best overall hospital with a very strong children's center.

It's like saying which college is #1. Depends on what departments you are talking about.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
So to recap:

1) Big 12 wants to have a conference championship with just 10 schools.

2) B1G puts out a poison pill amendment, saying 10 teams is okay but must be two separate divisions with division champions going to the championship game.

3) Big 12 says that is unacceptable to them and they will expand, if necessary.

4) B1G says no way we won't give you that advantage. Our offer stands take it or leave it.

4) SEC and others line up with the B1G.

5) Big 12 says B1G, even though you've stacked a claim that the NYC DMA is yours, we will go head to head with you by taking UConn, who everyone knows owns NYC, if you don't cave.

6) Suddenly compromise is in the air.

Well played Bowlsby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
So to recap:

1) Big 12 wants to have a conference championship with just 10 schools.

2) B1G puts out a poison pill amendment, saying 10 teams is okay but must be two separate divisions with division champions going to the championship game.

3) Big 12 says that is unacceptable to them and they will expand, if necessary.

4) B1G says no way we won't give you that advantage. Our offer stands take it or leave it.

4) SEC and others line up with the B1G.

5) Big 12, says B1G, even though you've stacked a claim that the NYC DMA is yours, we will go head to head with you by taking UConn, who everyone knows owns NYC, if you don't cave.

6) Suddenly compromise is in the air.

Well played Bowlsby.

This may be close to the truth.

Reaction Score
So, in theory this board should be suspended until late 2023?

I think the theory is that it gives the rest of the Big 12 schools a chance to stay together when TX and OK leave.

Reaction Score

How does it do that exactly? If OU and TX leave, they can't find two replacement schools then? More importantly, you think there are schools that can replace OU and TX and keep the XII a power league in football? Certianly we can't.

Reaction Score
Guys, you've been there before. Man up and follow the rules.
"From 1996 to 2010 the twelve teams played in two divisions of six teams each. Following Colorado and Nebraska's departure for the Pac-10 and Big Ten respectively, divisional play was dropped in favor of a nine-game round robin to determine the Big 12 Champion."

Reaction Score
JSM1970 said:
So, in theory this board should be suspended until late 2023?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind shutting this board down if there is no expansion from the Big12. All of these rumors, perceived views of things, etc at the end of the day for the last 5 years would have lead to nothing. If something happens, great. However, I don't think we as a fan base can keep checking daily for the latest tweets on people's opinions who have been wrong for the last 5 years. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be opposed to closing up shop if there's no real expansion on the horizon.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
How does it do that exactly? If OU and TX leave, they can't find two replacement schools then? More importantly, you think there are schools that can replace OU and TX and keep the XII a power league in football? Certianly we can't.

I look at it differently. Much like the old adage " you don't have to be the fastest, you just need to be faster than the slowest guy", the B12 needs to position itself ahead of the ACC only. By taking away the ACC's top backfill options, should members leave if/when the day comes that an ACCN fails to launch, then the B12 can replenish the football quality with a few old ACC members (Louisville, for example). If FSU and Clemson ever decide to bolt, making the ACC backfill with Temple or ECU instead of UConn or Cincinnati, would devalue the backfill significantly.

Reaction Score
Guys, you've been there before. Man up and follow the rules.
"From 1996 to 2010 the twelve teams played in two divisions of six teams each. Following Colorado and Nebraska's departure for the Pac-10 and Big Ten respectively, divisional play was dropped in favor of a nine-game round robin to determine the Big 12 Champion."

Whoever wrote this didn't really follow how the Big 12 was affected by realignment. No mention of A&M or Mizzou?

Reaction Score
Whoever wrote this didn't really follow how the Big 12 was affected by realignment. No mention of A&M or Mizzou?
I only posted that showing how recently they had divisions, nothing more or less. copied from wikipedia. I guess they went to round robin once Colorado and Nebraska left. Then replaced A&M and Mizzou with TCU and WVU.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
SEC has told the Big 12 if they guarantee the B12 will put the two highest ranked playoff teams in the CCG they will consider voting yes.

Greg Young ‏@Gmunz1876 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV if passes and they do not expand. Will be the start of the end for big 12. OU will be out shortly.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
@Gmunz1876 No... GoR... more money for the 10.

Greg Young‏@Gmunz1876 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV yes. But OU unhappy. And my feeling is conference blows up without expansion soon. Maybe 2 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom