Non-Key Tweets | Page 371 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Honestly, I wouldn't mind shutting this board down if there is no expansion from the Big12. All of these rumors, perceived views of things, etc at the end of the day for the last 5 years would have lead to nothing. If something happens, great. However, I don't think we as a fan base can keep checking daily for the latest tweets on people's opinions who have been wrong for the last 5 years. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be opposed to closing up shop if there's no real expansion on the horizon.
Dude. I live here.

Reaction Score
UConn Dan said:
Dude. I live here.

I do too, but wouldn't mind there being a "break" from it since it's clear that if the Big12 doesn't expand there won't be any movement for years. Why deal with the torture? It's bad enough we have a game against Tulsa tomorrow, why be constantly reminded of how much we got daily. I only suggest shutting it down bc I know none of us, me included, can just ignore this place.

Reaction Score
I do too, but wouldn't mind there being a "break" from it since it's clear that if the Big12 doesn't expand there won't be any movement for years. Why deal with the torture? It's bad enough we have a game against Tulsa tomorrow, why be constantly reminded of how much we got daily. I only suggest shutting it down bc I know none of us, me included, can just ignore this place.
My daily mantra is: "Tomorrow I am not coming here."

Reaction Score
Honestly, I wouldn't mind shutting this board down if there is no expansion from the Big12. All of these rumors, perceived views of things, etc at the end of the day for the last 5 years would have lead to nothing. If something happens, great. However, I don't think we as a fan base can keep checking daily for the latest tweets on people's opinions who have been wrong for the last 5 years. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be opposed to closing up shop if there's no real expansion on the horizon.

Up until last week almost everyone was agreed UConn wasn’t a fit and wasn’t going to the BIG12.

Yesterday we were on the doorstep of Big12 membership.

Today it appears the doormat has been pulled out from under our feet and gloom and doom have fallen on us again.

We are still where we were this time last month. Not a great position for sure, but the sky is certainly not falling (well not yet at least).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I need it to keep hope alive. I can't simply accept that this is the end and that's what it would be. So I'll keep coming, even if the "non key tweets" slow to a trickle.

Reaction Score
HuskyHawk said:
I need it to keep hope alive. I can't simply accept that this is the end and that's what it would be. So I'll keep coming, even if the "non key tweets" slow to a trickle.

I wouldn't be looking at it as accepting this as the end. I'd be looking at it as this is where we would be for the next 8-10 years however (which I believe, if no Big12 expansion) that's unfortunately the most likely scenario.

Reaction Score
Today it appears the doormat has been pulled out from under our feet and gloom and doom have fallen on us again.

I'm sorry, but anybody who thinks we were on the precipice of B12 membership after everything that's happened in the last 5 years is a moron.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's say -- not that I believe any of this crap -- that the XII staying at 10 means that, in 6 ir 7 years, the better teams will be pulled out of the XII by other conferences. If that is true, how does adding a Cincy and a Houston or UConn in any way, shape or form change what will happen in 6 ir 7 years? Answer -- it doesn't.

So much is posted in social media that, by the sheer weight of probabilities, some of it will end up being true. But the thought that anyone actually knows what is going to happen by virtue of this chatter is just dumb.

Be careful - when I point this out I get in trouble.

It actually makes them more likely to leave if they dilute the league and the per team rake goes down because of it.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Be careful - when I point this out I get in trouble.

It actually makes them more likely to leave if they dilute the league and the per team rake goes down because of it.
It's the same argument CUSA fans kept making about the last version of the BE: if it had only added UCF and ECU (for example) earlier, than Pitt and Cuse wouldn't have left. Umm, no.

Reaction Score
How does it do that exactly? If OU and TX leave, they can't find two replacement schools then? More importantly, you think there are schools that can replace OU and TX and keep the XII a power league in football? Certianly we can't.

It's not my theory. I think it was talked about on Landthieves. Also a discussion of if three schools leave, there is no more conference to rebuild, because a conference has to have a minimum of 8 schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Know a lot of people from top schools that interview down here for the Medical School. Cincinnati has the #1 Children's Hospital in the country too.

Cincinnati's Children's Hospital is very, very good and is ranked in the the Top 5 in most categories; but, it is not the best. In most ratings both Boston Children's Hospital and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia are ranked above Cincinnati.

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/pediatric-rankings

http://www.parents.com/health/doctors/best-childrens-hospitals/

Reaction Score
I understand that, in any real sense, how good the Cincinnati Children's Hospital ( or any other hospital) is is more important than UConn football, but how many more posts about it do I have to read before we get back to conference realignment?

Reaction Score
I understand that, in any real sense, how good the Cincinnati Children's Hospital ( or any other hospital) is is more important than UConn football, but how many more posts about it do I have to read before we get back to conference realignment?
There must be some odd factors we're not aware of, otherwise how can one explain Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Up until last week almost everyone was agreed UConn wasn’t a fit and wasn’t going to the BIG12.
That was before we knew that UConn was working every angle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mods - please consolidate the "Key Tweets" and "Non-Key Tweets" threads into one, and rename it "Kicking Mav in the nuts".

That is all.
upload_2016-1-12_15-49-52.png

CR Rule #1

Reaction Score
B12 must match 2 highest ranked schools.

That should be a lot of fun and make for a lot of good-natured craziness in the polls, LOL.

This year that would have meant 1 loss Oklahoma versus 2 loss TCU instead of 2 loss Oklahoma St (which beat TCU during the regular season).

Can you imagine the OSU coach? "I'm a man!!! I'm 40. How old are you? I bet you can't even count!! That's why you ranked the team that lost higher than the team that won! If you want to learn to count, come see me. I'm a man, I'm 40!!!"

Reaction Score
This was posted on another board:

"Listening to local Austin sports radio this morning, thought I'd pass along this commentary from Chip Brown (he was the guy that largely broke the news on the last round of realignment). He said:
- Gee and Boren are pushing hardest for expansion. (Not Starr)
- The only school that has any partial consensus (emphasized partial) is Cincinnati, and it's weak, even from WVU and OU
- no consensus whatsoever on 2nd school, no consideration yet for any more than that
- within the last two days, the B12 has been able to make enough modifications to the deregulation proposal to get the B10 buy in and get it to pass.
- if it passes, it's unlikely that there will be expansion. It's also highly possible they will forego a CCG, and will instead focus on strengthening OOC (mandated power 5) scheduling to offset the CCG.

Not sure this is really even news, and take it for what it's worth. Chip certainly has his issues, but he gets expansion items correctly more often than not.

Just thought I'd pass it along."

Reaction Score
This was posted on another board:

"Listening to local Austin sports radio this morning, thought I'd pass along this commentary from Chip Brown (he was the guy that largely broke the news on the last round of realignment). He said:
- Gee and Boren are pushing hardest for expansion. (Not Starr)
- The only school that has any partial consensus (emphasized partial) is Cincinnati, and it's weak, even from WVU and OU
- no consensus whatsoever on 2nd school, no consideration yet for any more than that
- within the last two days, the B12 has been able to make enough modifications to the deregulation proposal to get the B10 buy in and get it to pass.
- if it passes, it's unlikely that there will be expansion. It's also highly possible they will forego a CCG, and will instead focus on strengthening OOC (mandated power 5) scheduling to offset the CCG.

Not sure this is really even news, and take it for what it's worth. Chip certainly has his issues, but he gets expansion items correctly more often than not.

Just thought I'd pass it along."

How would they determine the conference champion? In any given year, you might have two teams who haven't played finish with the same record.

Reaction Score
How would they determine the conference champion? In any given year, you might have two teams who haven't played finish with the same record.

THey have a 10 team conference and they play a round robin schedule. How are 2 teams in the conference not going to play each other?

Reaction Score
THey have a 10 team conference and they play a round robin schedule. How are 2 teams in the conference not going to play each other?

The post I responded to said that one of the compromises would be to drop one league game and schedule a tougher OOC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom