Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
6) FOX gets more Eastern P5 Content
7) new recruiting ground (Ohio-East)
8) BB gets new Rivals
9) New Research $ and focus
10) > Footprint

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
One more item...and this comes from OU who confirmed Friday Night UCONN INTEL.
Reality = Texas will make the decision between UH or UCONN

Greg Fenves ‏@gregfenves · 29 Dec 2015
Greg Fenves Retweeted UT Austin
Top 10 research stories in 2015. More to know and discover in 2016. From discovering planets to unearthing Shakespeare’s work, see how UT researchers spent 2015 http://utex.as/1PkGlpg pic.twitter.com/QFkr53gu3l

1. CXZtne2WkAAMyRu.jpg

Greg Fenves
    @gregfenves
    29th President of @UTAustin

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't believe that the Flug has any contacts, whatsoever. I still like any post of a Tweet of him throwing us a bone.

upload_2016-1-3_14-45-53.png

pj

Reaction Score

Whatever the reality is, I doubt U Texas will want the perception to be there that they had final choice between Houston and UConn. Then if they pick UConn, they've created enemies in the state of Texas. They will want the perception to be that the B12 picked UConn, not them.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
What does UH bring to the Big 12 that they don't already have, wasn't that the same argument against TCU and the only reason they got in was desperation.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
What does UH bring to the Big 12 that they don't already have...
It'd give them the best football/basketball program in 3 of the 4 major metropolitan markets in the state.

I don't know how valuable that is, exactly. But it's not nothing.

Reaction Score
So, instead of taking Cincy they should also add UTSA to have all 4?

Actually, because UT and Houston are both state/local Universities there is always the risk of what happened with UVA basically only agreeing to take BCU and Miami if VT was also included.

Who knows. Hopefully a B1G bid is somewhere in the horizon.

It'd give them the best football/basketball program in 3 of the 4 major metropolitan markets in the state.

I don't know how valuable that is, exactly. But it's not nothing.

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSwaim · 26m26 minut es ago
Looking like P5 vote will go 6-4 to force #Big12 to have divisions to host CCG, and G5 vote 3-2. #BYU leader for invite, with #UCBearcats #2

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 24m24 minutes ago
Things hurting #UConn and #UHCougs the most is geography...and for very different reasons.

Ryan Barker
‏@grimmetal @GSw aim Saw a conflicting report saying UCONN is suddenly in the mix AND a lock for invite?

GREG SWAI M SHOW ‏@GSwa im · 20m20 minutes ago
#UConn fighting hard to get in, but their local media much more optimistic than I am...at least today.

GREG SWA IM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 17m17 minutes ago
#Big12 members love splitting pie 10 ways, so not expanding for fun...only if forced on January 15th conference vote, and #B1G pushing that.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 11m11 minutes ago
Conference vote on January 15th a game changer, as otherwise #Big12 has little desire to add. Being forced is a horse of a different color.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 5m5 minutes ago
CCG wouldn't make up loss of revenue for #Big12, but the difference in not getting in #CFBPlayoff sure would. #BYU #UCBearcats #UConn

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏ · 26m26 minut es ago
Looking like P5 vote will go 6-4 to force #Big12 to have divisions to host CCG, and G5 vote 3-2. #BYU leader for invite, with #UCBearcats #2

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 24m24 minutes ago
Things hurting #UConn and #UHCougs the most is geography...and for very different reasons.

Ryan Barker
‏@grimmetal @GSw aim Saw a conflicting report saying UCONN is suddenly in the mix AND a lock for invite?

GREG SWAI M SHOW ‏@GSwa im · 20m20 minutes ago
#UConn fighting hard to get in, but their local media much more optimistic than I am...at least today.

GREG SWA IM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 17m17 minutes ago
#Big12 members love splitting pie 10 ways, so not expanding for fun...only if forced on January 15th conference vote, and #B1G pushing that.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 11m11 minutes ago
Conference vote on January 15th a game changer, as otherwise #Big12 has little desire to add. Being forced is a horse of a different color.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim · 5m5 minutes ago
CCG wouldn't make up loss of revenue for #Big12, but the difference in not getting in #CFBPlayoff sure would. #BYU #UCBearcats #UConn
Sweet, we get to relive this nightmare.

Looks like I picked the wrong year to stop doing massive amounts of opiates.

Reaction Score
Brian Eaton‏@BrianEaton3 @flugempire
is it an even split between UH and UCONN or is one more likely then the other?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@BrianEaton3 We don't know

Brian Eaton ‏@BrianEaton3 · 2h2 hours ago  Houston, TX
@flugempire appreciate the honesty. Hard to imagine UCONN coming out of nowhere to supplant UH.

Ben Phillips ‏@benphil312 · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire any guess when B12 expansion announcement would be made?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @benphil312 After January 16....before July 1st.
Hopefully after Jan 16 we will have more info as events warrant.

Reaction Score

Greg Fenves ‏@gregfenves · 29 Dec 2015
Greg Fenves Retweeted UT Austin
Top 10 research stories in 2015. More to know and discover in 2016. From discovering planets to unearthing Shakespeare’s work, see how UT researchers spent 2015 http://utex.as/1PkGlpg pic.twitter.com/QFkr53gu3l

1. CXZtne2WkAAMyRu.jpg

Greg Fenves
    @gregfenves
    29th President of @UTAustin
Not sure I follow. The UT president retweeted the flug?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If Texas had the choice between UConn and Houston, we're getting picked 10 times out of 10. Texas is looking for a good brand (unfortunately in our case, desperate good brand), and we bring in academic muscle. Houston is not as good of a school as us and they steal recruits from Texas. Texas does not want to expand, so it could just pressure OU and the rest to say UConn was their idea. That way, WVU, OU, and other pro-expansion teams get their wish, and Texas gets their wish (a good brand added to the mix).

Reaction Score
In theory, but when Texas politicians get involved there is zero way they won't put huge pressure to support Houston, even though it does little to expand the B12's reach. If anything maybe it creates a scenario where they jump to 14 by taking Cincy, Houston, UConn and Temple. If they really want some sort of east coast presence.

If Texas had the choice between UConn and Houston, we're getting picked 10 times out of 10. Texas is looking for a good brand (unfortunately in our case, desperate good brand), and we bring in academic muscle. Houston is not as good of a school as us and they steal recruits from Texas. Texas does not want to expand, so it could just pressure OU and the rest to say UConn was their idea. That way, WVU, OU, and other pro-expansion teams get their wish, and Texas gets their wish (a good brand added to the mix).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I have no idea what is and isn't true but these are the last two life rafts in our lifetime.

It's scary to picture having to replace Cincinnati and Houston, but we're going to die on the vine eventually anyways, may as well try to get in here.

Reaction Score
You all know how this is going to go, we're going to get beat out by Houston. Now do you all get why I rooted for FSU hard the other day?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
"Jim, we have an invite in hand from the Big 12. You and I both know it is not our ideal situation. However, we don't have much choice unless you can give me a bona fide invite as well..."

"John, we have an invite in hand from the Big 12. You and I both know it is not our ideal situation. However, we don't have much choice unless you can give me a bona fide invite as well..."

Reaction Score
Not sure I follow. The UT president retweeted the flug?

No, I was just trying to make the connection that Flugaur says that UT will decide and the UT President is talking research (just like Herbst is always talking research).

Reaction Score
No, I was just trying to make the connection that Flugaur says that UT will decide and the UT President is talking research (just like Herbst is always talking research).
Ah got it. Thank you

Reaction Score
I have no idea what is and isn't true but these are the last two life rafts in our lifetime.
I guess that depends on how old you are.

I think I read that the TV contract increases proportionally only for adding two members, not if four members are added. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Reaction Score
I got a real good feeling about this. If B12 expands, I beleive we are in. There seems to be a lot of smoke lately and can't shake what was posted after spring practice.

Reaction Score

It's scary to picture having to replace Cincinnati and Houston, but we're going to die on the vine eventually anyways, may as well try to get in here.
This is the crux of the argument. Miss this boat, and just remember the last one went out going on 4 years now.

I''m not convinced we are a front runner, not even convince the 12 will expand, but if they do..... whatever it takes like WVU last go round.

Seriously, all I know is I will be bummed out if we are passed over for two schools in this league. That is all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom