Non-Key Tweets | Page 352 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think Memphis has a prayer.

You cannot have a worse reputation than Memphis has built over the years - they're just toxic. Not happening - like UCF, the Big East had to be on fire to become desperate enough to invite them. No chance.

No disrespect to people having imaginary dinner dates with Big Ten people, but how do you claim that the Big 12 "needs to expand in Football Demographics" and then insist that Houston is a likely invite.

Once again, these people are nuts.

Completely agree anyone talking about Houston is completely inventing things.

Reaction Score
I guess we disagree. The Big 12 can't play football with the other leagues. They have tried to create a cocoon with 9 conf games and playing no one OOC - but they are exposed.

I agree that the Big 12 is being exposed this bowl season, and that is a problem. I would argue that not having a conference championship game is a bigger problem; it's also an easier problem to fix - just add two more teams.

There are no teams available that would make the Big 12 a better football conference or solve the 'exposure' problem. I don't think adding Cincy will help the Big 12 outrecruit the the Big 10 in Ohio, I don't think adding Memphis will help the Big 12 outrecruit the SEC in Tennessee and I don't think adding UConn will help the Big 12 outrecruit the Big 10 or ACC in New York. But...adding UConn might bring more exposure and TV money than Cincy or Memphis. That is the argument that I think UConn should be making when it tries and sells itself to the Big 12. (I think that UConn and Temple would be better choices than Cincy and Memphis, but I don't think that will happen)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree that the Big 12 is being exposed this bowl season, and that is a problem. I would argue that not having a conference championship game is a bigger problem; it's also an easier problem to fix - just add two more teams.

There are no teams available that would make the Big 12 a better football conference or solve the 'exposure' problem. I don't think adding Cincy will help the Big 12 outrecruit the the Big 10 in Ohio, I don't think adding Memphis will help the Big 12 outrecruit the SEC in Tennessee and I don't think adding UConn will help the Big 12 outrecruit the Big 10 or ACC in New York. But...adding UConn might bring more exposure and TV money than Cincy or Memphis. That is the argument that I think UConn should be making when it tries and sells itself to the Big 12. (I think that UConn and Temple would be better choices than Cincy and Memphis, but I don't think that will happen)

I am not claming the Big 12 will outrecruit anyone in Memphis or Ohio.

I think their decision process is that simple though. They took West Virginia because they produce a solid football product.

I think if they expand it will be in places they get some fraction of players.

Reaction Score

I think their decision process is that simple though. They took West Virginia because they produce a solid football product.

UConn and one of the Florida schools works for me. Also might be what ultimately happens.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

Just asking, but couldn't taking UConn bring Big 12 recruiting to the Northeast in general such as NJ where there is a lot of football talent. I do agree however if it is about eyeballs and TV sets UConn has to be at or near the top of that list.

Reaction Score
Very good point. Memphis and Cincy give them in roads to new, rich recruiting areas, and can challenge B1G and SEC for players, whereas those 2 have encroached in their markets in a sense.

I don't see a NE presence being important to the B12. Not enough alumni or future alumni to matter. Cincy would play UT or OU @ Paul Brown stadium and Memphis has the 60k Liberty bowl. But who knows what they are thinking.

Totally agree.............if it was 1980.
Adding Memphis and Cincy is one of the best ways to expedite pending Big12 implosion. Together, the combined added value is essentially nil.

Reaction Score
Just asking, but couldn't taking UConn bring Big 12 recruiting to the Northeast in general such as NJ where there is a lot of football talent. I do agree however if it is about eyeballs and TV sets UConn has to be at or near the top of that list.
Contrary to what some want you to believe, this decision will have nothing to do with recruiting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is key to me ....

image.png

Reaction Score
The Dude..he blocked me for agreeing with Flugaur and telling Flugaur a few times he was sampling his batch of moonshine again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Dude..he blocked me for agreeing with Flugaur and telling Flugaur a few times he was sampling his batch of moonshine again.

I don't follow any of these three lunatics (Dood, Clay or Flug). Someone in my timeline happened to respond to that gem.

Reaction Score
Hold on, feeding Fluguar more info...

Bro, just having a little fun. BTM = Big Ten Man

No worries, figured you were pranking. He ever hint who this person is? Minnesota connection?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Flug's intel in some matters has been dead on. His view is Big Ten, but of all the internet "sources"
No worries, figured you were pranking. He ever hint who this person is? Minnesota connection?
Someone involved with the broadcasting side of the BTN. Supposedly knows about all tv negotiations for college sports and more.

Reaction Score
Flug's intel in some matters has been dead on. His view is Big Ten, but of all the internet "sources"

Someone involved with the broadcasting side of the BTN. Supposedly knows about all tv negotiations for college sports and more.

Possibly the reincarnation of Northwestern's "Purple Book Cat" (for those of you familiar with the origins of modern realignment hysteria).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom