Non-Key Tweets | Page 351 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I really believe traveling is overrated. With fast airplanes today, traveling can be easier with a partner. WVU can be a traveling partner for UCONN for Olympic sports. UCONN can travel with WVU when going out to the Midwest. B12 teams can come out East and play WVU and UCONN in the same trip. It can be done to minimize disruption to student athletes.
I recall reading an article about travel in the B12 - a lot of those campuses are a decent drive away from the regional airport. Maybe chartering works but costs more. Where it really impacts student athletes is when you have a late start time (thanks to TV) and fly back east at night and lose an hour. Not a huge deal if you do it once or twice a season in football, but it becomes significant for other sports if they have to do it several times in a season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The longer I look at this crap only two conferences have a chance to 'win' The SEC or the Big 10 (obv not a secret).

Seems to me the trophy is North Carolina and whichever figures out how to pry them away will have everything else they want fall right in place.

Reaction Score
The longer I look at this crap only two conferences have a chance to 'win' The SEC or the Big 10 (obv not a secret).

Seems to me the trophy is North Carolina and whichever figures out how to pry them away will have everything else they want fall right in place.

The PAC will be one of the final P4, also, due to geography. Thus its down tot he XII and ACC with respect to the last conference in with key members such as UNC as you noted and Oklahoma the key lynch pins.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The PAC will be one of the final P4, also, due to geography. Thus its down tot he XII and ACC with respect to the last conference in with key members such as UNC as you noted and Oklahoma the key lynch pins.

Yeah they will exist I just think they will be a distant third financially.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert Retweeted
Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste · 18h18 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity @theDudeofWV Disney owns ESPN & will NOT allow more $$ spent on what they already own & why ACC keeps using stall tactics

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16h16 hours ago
@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity A few UC people are claiming UC has an ACC invite forthcoming. 100% false.

@Manny_Insanity UC adds zilch to the ACC. Doesn't improve football or hoops. Wouldn't add $. Actually hurts SoS.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity End of story. No offense to UC but if they had value they would be in the P5.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity The reality is that Pitt, Cuse, WVU & UL were all picked over UC.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity And nothing, not even the modest facilities improvements, has changed.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity If UC gets into the B12 it will be solely because of their proximity to Morgantown.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity Of all the G5 schools only BYU comes close to being P5 worthy & they have their own issues.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert Retweeted
Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste · 18h18 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity @theDudeofWV Disney owns ESPN & will NOT allow more $$ spent on what they already own & why ACC keeps using stall tactics

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity A few UC people are claiming UC has an ACC invite forthcoming. 100% false.

@Manny_Insanity UC adds zilch to the ACC. Doesn't improve football or hoops. Wouldn't add $. Actually hurts SoS.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity End of story. No offense to UC but if they had value they would be in the P5.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity The reality is that Pitt, Cuse, WVU & UL were all picked over UC.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity And nothing, not even the modest facilities improvements, has changed.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity If UC gets into the B12 it will be solely because of their proximity to Morgantown.

@Mountaineer_Ste @Manny_Insanity Of all the G5 schools only BYU comes close to being P5 worthy & they have their own issues.
Joestar found these 2 to add to this exchange:
  1. Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 30 Dec 2015
    @theDudeofWV Would that be UC Cincinnati, or UC UCONN? What is the rumor?

0 retweets0 likes

2. Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 30 Dec 2015
    @Mountaineer_Ste UCONN is UCONN. The rumor is UC is getting invited to the ACC.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 49m49 minutes ago
This is why Football Demographics, along with Market and Travel, is the leading indicator (B10 perspective) on where B12 does expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 46m46 minutes ago
B12, without the help of a Conf Network, and with other exposure issues, need to expand in Football Demographic areas.
Need to..and will.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 45m45 minutes ago
The question BTM can't answer tonight...and may not be able to until official announcement...will it be..
MEM/CINCY
MEM/UH
UH/CINCY

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 44m44 minutes ago
For the Big 12 Brand to survive...it needs to expand into Football markets and Football Demographic (talent)..with at least decent TV market

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 43m43 minutes ago
Good news for Big 12....as we mentioned in Summer...Boren has won the arguement in Big 12.
Starr - Boren - Gee has given their views to B12

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 41m41 minutes ago
Now we wait.
But not for much longer
Big 12 Expansion, if done right..with an added B12 Network a few years from now could save Conference

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 40m40 minutes ago
All the candidates have pros and cons...to add 2 will take compromise between the 10 current universities. TV partners will need to approve

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 39m39 minutes ago
However...BTM believes TV approval has been done with leading candidates. As we have mentioned...B12 Expansion Train is way down the tracks

E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen · 38m38 minutes ago
@flugempire will teams start in 2017?!

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Epfourteen Yes

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 29m29 minutes ago
To my UCONN & BYU friends..it would surprise the Big Ten if either one if you were selected by B12 (lack FB demographics)
But good luck.

E. Michael Kamp ‏@Epfourteen · 27m27 minutes ago
@flugempire still the 3 finalists you've been saying ?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Epfourteen We believe so.

Reaction Score
Houston this year's success aside does nothing for a conference with Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU from a TV perspective. If they get in its pure Texas politics at play. Nothing wrong with that, whatever it takes if you're Houston. Memphis for ever has been dog sheet in FB. Fuente led a two season revival but really they're two last two years are no better than some of our years from 07-10. If they don't take BYU because they're looking east, Cincy and us make the most sense for a league that may one day be looking for a conference network.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Big 12 cares about one thing: Memphis generates as many SEC football players as anywhere. If they expand I'd be shocked if it didn't include Memphis.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 cares about one thing: Memphis generates as many SEC football players as anywhere. If they expand I'd be shocked if it didn't include Memphis.
If that is what they are after, then I'd expect it to be Memphis and Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Houston this year's success aside does nothing for a conference with Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU from a TV perspective. If they get in its pure Texas politics at play. Nothing wrong with that, whatever it takes if you're Houston. Memphis for ever has been dog sheet in FB. Fuente led a two season revival but really they're two last two years are no better than some of our years from 07-10. If they don't take BYU because they're looking east, Cincy and us make the most sense for a league that may one day be looking for a conference network.

I have the impression that U Texas cares about its position in Texas, athletically and politically, while Oklahoma has its eyes on the national stage. If the XII does not expand or adds Houston and Memphis, Oklahoma is gone and once the Sooners leave, Kansas and possibly OK State will follow.

While the XII did get a team into the playoffs, the XII's overall bowl performance in 2016 is not helping their cause. They one 1 game (Baylor over UNC) while Oklahoma was beaten convincingly by Clemson in the semi-final and the rest of the teams did not show-up - TT lost to LSU by 29, OK State lost to Ole Miss by 28, K State lost to Arkansas by 22, TCU is down by 14 to Oregon, and no one cares that WV is in a bowl. The American did not d much better; but, the conference did get a marquee win with Houston smoking Florida St.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If that is what they are after, then I'd expect it to be Memphis and Cincinnati.

I don't think they are going to expand, but if they go to 12 that would be my guess.

Reaction Score
Very good point. Memphis and Cincy give them in roads to new, rich recruiting areas, and can challenge B1G and SEC for players, whereas those 2 have encroached in their markets in a sense.

I don't see a NE presence being important to the B12. Not enough alumni or future alumni to matter. Cincy would play UT or OU @ Paul Brown stadium and Memphis has the 60k Liberty bowl. But who knows what they are thinking.

Reaction Score
Very good point. Memphis and Cincy give them in roads to new, rich recruiting areas, and can challenge B1G and SEC for players, whereas those 2 have encroached in their markets in a sense.

I don't see a NE presence being important to the B12. Not enough alumni or future alumni to matter. Cincy would play UT or OU @ Paul Brown stadium and Memphis has the 60k Liberty bowl. But who knows what they are thinking.

Be careful. You are starting to give yourself away.

Reaction Score
I think they are. Things had to break just right for them to get into the playoff again. Right or wrong, they are being penalized for not having a championship game.

I don't know what they will find most important, Memphis is,not going to get picked up by anyone else. They will always be there for the picking.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think they are. Things had to break just right for them to get into the playoff again. Right or wrong, they are being penalized for not having a championship game.

I don't know what they will find most important, Memphis is,not going to get picked up by anyone else. They will always be there for the picking.

If anyone was going to make a selection from the G5 pool based on who might be taken by another league.... it would have happened at some point in the years since Louisville was selected.

Reaction Score
No, no way. I, like everyone, want out of the AAC as fast as possible, just don't see the B12 story, but would be 100% behind that like everyone if no chance for B1G, ACC.

it could be all about UT and their brand and LHN, and getting more NE presence.

Be careful. You are starting to give yourself away.

Reaction Score

The one thing the Big 12 cares about is money. The reason they have resisted expanding so far is because there aren't teams available that make a 12 way split as lucrative as a 10 way split.

The Big 12 doesn't need to add teams to improve recruiting, and it doesn't need to add teams to improve the quality of football. It may need to add teams so that it can have a playoff. If that is the case then UConn is in play. We may add more revenue than any other available candidate.

Nothing surprises me when it come to CR, and Memphis and Cincy may well be the choices, but UConn has to be a strong candidate; and I suspect that a lot of the recent buzz about UConn is because people are figuring that out.

The Big 1o decided that they wanted to be more than just a midwest conference, so they came east, let's hope that the Big 12 is just as smart.

Reaction Score
If anyone was going to make a selection from the G5 pool based on who might be taken by another league.... it would have happened at some point in the years since Louisville was selected.
Perhaps, but if 6-10 years down the road you have an eye on a potential conference network, which school(s) can you reasonably scoop up that can help you with that? Which schools if you don't pick up them up now may not be there later? That is how I would look at it if I was being reasonable. Nothing about CR has been reasonable.

More than likely its wishful thinking on my part. If they were just looking at local talent, they'd be wise to scoop up one of the Florida directionals. Like Memphis, they'll always be there if that is the directions they're looking for. I'd argue that Cincinnati will always be there as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Perhaps, but if 6-10 years down the road you have an eye on a potential conference network, which school(s) can you reasonably scoop up that can help you with that? Which schools if you don't pick up them up now may not be there later? That is how I would look at it if I was being reasonable. Nothing about CR has been reasonable.

More than likely its wishful thinking on my part. If they were just looking at local talent, they'd be wise to scoop up one of the Florida directionals. Like Memphis, they'll always be there if that is the directions they're looking for. I'd argue that Cincinnati will always be there as well.

There are 20 posters on the Boneyard who have more insight into CR than the Presidents of the Big 12. They can barely see 6-10
months down the line nevermind 6-10 years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think Memphis has a prayer.

You cannot have a worse reputation than Memphis has built over the years - they're just toxic. Not happening - like UCF, the Big East had to be on fire to become desperate enough to invite them. No chance.

No disrespect to people having imaginary dinner dates with Big Ten people, but how do you claim that the Big 12 "needs to expand in Football Demographics" and then insist that Houston is a likely invite.

Once again, these people are nuts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The one thing the Big 12 cares about is money. The reason they have resisted expanding so far is because there aren't teams available that make a 12 way split as lucrative as a 10 way split.

The Big 12 doesn't need to add teams to improve recruiting, and it doesn't need to add teams to improve the quality of football. It may need to add teams so that it can have a playoff. If that is the case then UConn is in play. We may add more revenue than any other available candidate.

Nothing surprises me when it come to CR, and Memphis and Cincy may well be the choices, but UConn has to be a strong candidate; and I suspect that a lot of the recent buzz about UConn is because people are figuring that out.

The Big 1o decided that they wanted to be more than just a midwest conference, so they came east, let's hope that the Big 12 is just as smart.

I guess we disagree. The Big 12 can't play football with the other leagues. They have tried to create a cocoon with 9 conf games and playing no one OOC - but they are exposed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom