Non-Key Tweets | Page 333 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
UCONN to the B1G 2018. Will be announced New Year's Day 2016.
That one does make me feel better. The only thing missing is the car wash and I'd be in seventh heaven.

Reaction Score
That one does make me feel better. The only thing missing is the car wash and I'd be in seventh heaven.

Sorry, he heard it from a guy filling his vending machine at a rest stop on 95.

Reaction Score
Like most of my visits to the CR section, I get excited hoping to read about some wonderful fantasy that has us going to a P5 conference. Unlikely as they may be, they were encouragfing to read. Lately that well has been dry and my hopes dashed. I had felt the same way about dinner with BTM, but now that too has failed to deliver any joy. I really wish something would break or at least some clearly phony rumor would show up. Anything. I'm starting to lose faith. Can one of you creative folder (or heavy drinkers) please make something up for me? Make it a good one.
Honest to god, I had a dream two nights ago where the B1G commercial where the universities pop up along a map of the US went to Rutgers, and then had an "introducing" narration before UConn appeared. May be inconsequential, but it was a dream where all the details were exact, and it's better than nothing.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert Retweeted
Renu Khator ‏@UHpres · Dec 1
Wonderful to have Gordon Gee, president of West Virginia University, on our campus.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12h12 hours ago
@PjLopez20 @JerryCoog But the reason UH is going up for a vote is the political attempt to corral UT and force a Big 12 network.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @PjLopez20 @JerryCoog What Boren hopes it does is bind UT to the Big 12 because of the ramifications of UT leaving to so many Tx schools.

Reaction Score
Sorry, he heard it from a guy filling his vending machine at a rest stop on 95.
I heard it from the 18 year old girl serving coffee at Dunkin Donuts . She got from some guy named Delany who was driving thru Storrs yesterday.

Reaction Score
I heard it from the 18 year old girl serving coffee at Dunkin Donuts . She got from some guy named Delany who was driving thru Storrs yesterday.
hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert Retweeted
Renu Khator ‏@UHpres · Dec 1
Wonderful to have Gordon Gee, president of West Virginia University, on our campus.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12h12 hours ago
@PjLopez20 @JerryCoog But the reason UH is going up for a vote is the political attempt to corral UT and force a Big 12 network.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @PjLopez20 @JerryCoog What Boren hopes it does is bind UT to the Big 12 because of the ramifications of UT leaving to so many Tx schools.

What, based on his other tweets, I thought the sole reason tat the XII exists today is because of the strength and power of WVU, not U Texas. I am shocked at this revelation!!

Reaction Score
I'm laughing out loud in my cube about this.
I was getting excited for a bit there.......but don't despair its coming.....CR wheels always seem to gring slowly when we sit here watching....i have no doubt your ''on the clock''...pretty obvious 1 from the west will be needed to pacify the bigW with so much concentration on the more valuable eastern wing...

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte
@UHCougarFB @CoachTomHerman confirms to @HoustonChron he has signed 5-year deal to stay at school

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8h8 hours ago
P5 Road Map shown to Herman as part of UH pitch to keep their Coach must have been impressive..and realistic

Joseph Duarte Verified account 
‏@Joseph_Duarte Tom Herman on new contract: "As a coach you want to build a program not just season." | @UHCougarFB

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8h8 hours ago
Inportant tweet.
#big12

Reaction Score
Deals and extensions become meaningless when a bigger profile school with more money buys 'em out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:
Honest to god, I had a dream two nights ago where the B1G commercial where the universities pop up along a map of the US went to Rutgers, and then had an "introducing" narration before UConn appeared. May be inconsequential, but it was a dream where all the details were exact, and it's better than nothing.

Next time it comes up try hitting up, up, down ,left, left, A button, start and see what happens.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16h16 hours ago
In other words...even with deregulation (but not complete deregulation) the Big 12 needs to expand by 2..split into divisions.

80s Tiger ‏@80sTiger 16h16 hours ago
@flugempire Which is it ? Needs to expand by 2 or just 2 divisions of 5 each ?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire @80sTiger Deregulation will leave it so B12 can have CCG at 10 if they wish..but will need to do so with 2 divisions.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@CSURamT It will pass..B12 will be able to have CCG at 10...but it won't be appealing to them because the will need to have 2 Div of 5

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@80sTiger So it's our belief B12, facing this reality...and others...will expand to 12...with 2 Div...with CCG..with B12N
If not..OU bolts

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is an article on cbssports that seems to imply Big 10 is against any deregulation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is an article on cbssports that seems to imply Big 10 is against any deregulation.

I got the same sense - that is the way it was written - but it seems like there is some wiggle room based on additional comments from Delany.

My feeling is that the Big 12 will get their title game without having to expand...which basically ends expansion until the contracts are up in the mid-2020s.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I got the same sense - that is the way it was written - but it seems like there is some wiggle room based on additional comments from Delany.

My feeling is that the Big 12 will get their title game without having to expand...which basically ends expansion until the contracts are up in the mid-2020s.

But then again, there's this: http://espn.go.com/college-football...ort-conference-championship-game-deregulation

"We're trying to work our way through it, but I'm less certain of the outcome than I was before," Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told ESPN.com on Sunday, just hours after Oklahomaslid into the College Football Playoff at No. 4. "We don't think we ought to be forced into adding schools in order to have a championship game, but it could end up that way."

Bowlsby said he wants the option of having a title game without the drastic measure of expansion -- though he is certainly willing to consider it.

"It's a part of the discussion we're having, and we won't be making any decisions until after we know how it runs out," he said.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
But then again, there's this.....

"I agree a conference should not have to expand in order to have a championship game," Delany told ESPN.com. "That wouldn't be right. That's tail wagging dog. On the other hand, I want to have some familiarity -- some knowledge as to how these things are going to play out. I don't want unintended consequences. I don't want to wake up one morning and see some odd structure that's unfamiliar.

"We don't think he should have to expand to have the same option we have," Delany said, "but we feel he should have a structure similar to ours."

Go to two divisions of five each and have the winners play a championship game = Big Ten approval.

I think Delaney is really putting a stick in the ACC's spokes, rather than the Big 12.

Reaction Score
"I agree a conference should not have to expand in order to have a championship game," Delany told ESPN.com. "That wouldn't be right. That's tail wagging dog. On the other hand, I want to have some familiarity -- some knowledge as to how these things are going to play out. I don't want unintended consequences. I don't want to wake up one morning and see some odd structure that's unfamiliar.

"We don't think he should have to expand to have the same option we have," Delany said, "but we feel he should have a structure similar to ours."

Go to two divisions of five each and have the winners play a championship game = Big Ten approval.

I think Delaney is really putting a stick in the ACC's spokes, rather than the Big 12.
certainly seems that way.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

This. Now what's the angle. Why? Trying to destabilize the ACC? Or pit the the ACC and Big12 against each other? Or maybe he's just being a ?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I see what you're saying. But I think the logistics of two divisions of 5 teams makes little to no sense. I think the expansion comes more from a B12 decision to prefer 2 divisions of 6 rather than a green light approval from Emperor Delany. They'll need a Championship Game and having two small divisions to get there just doesn't do much to strengthen the conference. In my opinion, they'll have to add Cinci and Houston and then work on selecting two larger, equal divisions.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I see what you're saying. But I think the logistics of two divisions of 5 teams makes little to no sense. I think the expansion comes more from a B12 decision to prefer 2 divisions of 6 rather than a green light approval from Emperor Delany. They'll need a Championship Game and having two small divisions to get there just doesn't do much to strengthen the conference. In my opinion, they'll have to add Cinci and Houston and then work on selecting two larger, equal divisions.

I agree - it is impractical. But I think they're messing with the ACC and the Big 12 is just collateral damage.

If they did expand, (I tend to doubt they will), I don't think they take Houston - I get the political issues, but it makes the Big 12 footprint issue even more acute.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
The question - B12 Expansion: Will SEC/B1G/PAC allow B12 to pick top 2 of 10 school conference to play CCG without splitting into divisions?

If the answer is yes...B12 gains a structural advantage over other P5 because their CCG will be assured MAXED OUT SOS.

If the answer is no...B12 does not want two 5 school divisions...so if they want CCG they will need to expand conference by 2 schools.

Zach Barnett‏@zach_barnett 3h3 hours ago
Jim Delany continues to be the Big 12's nemesis http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14307386/big-ten-amendment-slows-big-12-effort-conference-championship-game-deregulation…

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 2h2 hours ago
Jim Delany is the best friend of Cincinnati and 1 of either Houston or Memphis right now. #Big12Expansion

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Frank the Tank

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankthetank111/status/673667387359518720… Must read Frank The Tank tweet

Christopher Lambert
@theDudeofWV

Yet another reason for the B12 to expand. B1G trying to force divisions.
5:02 PM - 6 Dec 2015

Hawkeye
@hawkeyeND

@theDudeofWV unfair advantage for a conference being able to pick the 2 highest ranked teams, while Stanford had to play a 4-loss USC team
5:05 PM - 6 Dec 2015

Christopher Lambert
@theDudeofWV

@hawkeyeND I agree.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago

Greg Flugaur Retweeted

https://mobile.twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/673668931282956288… The Dude does deserve a tip of the hat for this tweet.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @posas13 @Expansion_Crush @pfac51 @TampaBadger @smagula @MitchWGreen @NebGradDubDub Get ready UC & UH..get ready

ME: Not to worry. The realignment twitterati has got it all covered. ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We need to hope that the Big 12 stays put....or expands to 14.

There's no movement coming from the other conferences right now, so we're in our box.

If the Big 12 expands and takes two from the American, it'd be catastrophic.

The ESPN contract would likely be terminated....

UConn, Cincinnati, Houston and Temple are considered "A" schools under the contract. Everyone else is a "B" school.

If two "A" schools or one "A" and one "B" school leave, the contract can and likely would be terminated. If two "B" schools leave, the contract gets renegotiated downward.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
Yet another reason for the B12 to expand. B1G trying to force divisions.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
You know what… I think Delaney’s proposal is more than fair.

Michael Lucas ‏@MichaelLucasWVU 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV they won't win.. They are the only conference whining about this. Should pass with ease if put to a vote.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@MichaelLucasWVU Depends on if pods count as divisions.

Proud American ‏@NateHarlanYall 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV its actually a genius move and Iowa proved how good they were.

@NateHarlanYall Maybe on Iowa. Do pods count as divisions?

@NateHarlanYall because if the ACC & SEC can’t eventually pick CCG from pod winners it won’t be allowed.

@frankthetank111 Brilliant, & fair, move by Delaney.

@frankthetank111 But do you have any idea of how pods are viewed in B1G amendment?

Playoff committee sends clear message to Big 12: 13th datapoint is going to hurt you even when it doesn't hurt you.

Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS 2h2 hours ago
Bob Bowlsby on 13th data point: Big 12 needs to ask itself if it's disadvantaged & if it's willing to live with it.

The Real Bob Mayhew‏@HabibHaddad 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV The talking heads want 5 power conferences with 14 members each so that the committee can compare apples to apples.

@HabibHaddad Jeff Long pretty much said the Big 12 needs a CCG.

@BlatantHomerism I think it's just fair. Think of the ways the Big 12 could game the system by picking 2 to play CCG.

@BlatantHomerism I wonder how the amendment would address pods? ACC & SEC have interest in pods instead of divisions. C

Allen Kenney ‏@BlatantHomerism 2h2 hours ago
what’s delany’s end game by blocking this?

SportsNShibes ‏@RedDirtSport 2h2 hours ago
@BlatantHomerism Kansas and Oklahoma

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@RedDirtSport @BlatantHomerism Oklahoma favors Big 12 expansion.

SportsNShibes‏@RedDirtSport 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @BlatantHomerism Which is neat.. but players change

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@RedDirtSport @BlatantHomerism And is pushing expansion. Gee was at UH last week & @PrezOno is privately saying UC is in...

SportsNShibes‏@RedDirtSport 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @BlatantHomerism I have no doubt short term solutions can occur. GOR isn't getting extended, players change

@RedDirtSport @BlatantHomerism The writing is on the wall regarding the Big 12 and expansion.

@RedDirtSport @BlatantHomerism With Texas Prez disinterested in sports & UT's athletic dept in disarray Boren has filled the power vacuum.

Here's a thought: If the B12/ACC legislation doesn't pass or is modified & the Big 12 is forced to expand then does UH's B12 bid suffer?

If UH was included to compel UT to vote for expansion is UH attractive if they are not needed to force UT's vote?

Mike Swearingen‏@Swearingen20 15m15 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV no

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
@Swearingen20 Its a soap opera.

Mike Swearingen ‏@Swearingen20 3m3 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV as a Memphis fan I think we bring the market the Big 12 wants & it's a bridge to West Va but Tex might want Houston to control

Bowlsby said today the Big 12 would not act until the amendment to allow a CCG with 10 is voted on Mid-Jan.

Bowlsby's comment validates my post that said the B12 would rather have a CCG with 10 than expand.

Desmond Hume ‏@DezyHume 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV why?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@DezyHume If UH is a tool to force UT to vote for expansion they might suffer if UT is forced to vote yes because legislation failed.

Desmond Hume ‏@DezyHume 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV who's the better candidate to replace them? Seems like a toss up.

@DezyHume Memphis has the best football viewing market. BYU has better metrics by far.

danny pritt‏@DaPritt 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV They might take 4 teams, wouldn't that be a hoot! Who ya got CL?

@DaPritt No way. UH & UC are the picks now. If they would add 2 more say BYU & Memphis.

PAL‏@PAL88888 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV Did Tom Herman stay at Houston because he was assured Cougars are getting into B12? Signed 5 year contract.

@PAL88888 That's the working theory. V

Safe bet: in 2017 the Big 12 will have a CCG with or without 12 members.

Garrett Weiss ‏@StrengthOfSpear 1h1 hour ago Florida, USA
@theDudeofWV if the B12 were to ever expand, who would you want?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 53m53 minutes ago
@StrengthOfSpear Honestly? Whoever makes the B12 stronger. If that's UH then so be it.

Jeff Sharon ‏@Jeff_Sharon 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV Bigger question: Will it have a network? If not, it may not get any of those things, and may not even exist much longer.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 54m54 minutes ago
@Jeff_Sharon That's what Boren wants.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 44m44 minutes ago
By the way I'm told Dr. Gee was at UH for some type of American Council on Education (ACE) duty.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
Read this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14307386/big-ten-amendment-slows-big-12-effort-conference-championship-game-deregulation…

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
Then tell me it doesn't sound like Delaney is aiming this more at the ACC than B12.

Sean ‏@smm140 18m18 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @notCoach_frost @WesJacksonUSF Chris, how do u think things will play at given the current situation?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 16m16 minutes ago
@smm140 @notCoach_frost @WesJacksonUSF See Bowlsby's comments today.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 14m14 minutes ago
@smm140 @notCoach_frost @WesJacksonUSF But my metrics experiment failed miserably in terms of who would be the most worthy of the unworthy.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13m13 minutes ago
@smm140 @notCoach_frost @WesJacksonUSF I blasted UH all summer - data supported that - but I didn't value Texas politics enough.

Wesley Jackson ‏@WesJacksonUSF 13m13 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @smm140 just figured TV sets and recruiting would be huge. Hence USF/UCF combo

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 11m11 minutes ago
@WesJacksonUSF @smm140 To a conf with a network maybe.

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 11m11 minutes ago
@WesJacksonUSF @smm140 But there was never any chance of both. Same reason why SEC doesn't like duplicate markets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom