Non-Key Tweets | Page 335 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
There would have to be a quid pro quo or otherwise UConn shouldn't do it.

I'm sure that's what the "Discussions" are that Flug is referencing.

B1G: You guys wanna play hockey with us?
UConn: Only if it's as all-sports member.
B1G: No.
UConn: You sure?
B1G: Yes.

Boom. Discussions.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I think espn got the AAC for 50 cents on the dollar, if not less. As Bud says, "...Analysts don't like it. I do. The breakup value is twice the market price. The deal finances itself. Sell off two divisions, keep..."
not sure I'm following the jibber jabber...
regardless, I'll take 50 cents on the dollar vs the 20 cents we'll get if Houston and Cincy leave.

Reaction Score
B1G: Hello UCONN? This is Jim Del...
UCONN: Yes!
B1G: But we are just talking about Hock...
UCONN: Yes.

I know I am in the minority but I think Temple will be getting some attention. Huskies and Owls to the ACC as part of a super conference would make a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 8h8 hours ago
B10 trying to thwart B12 again. Blocking bid to deregulate championship game. Trying to pry OK away. Must expand soon and Bowlsby knows it

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush OU is driving expansion and isn't AAU. Without AAU status the B1G will not look at OU now or in 2020.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush It's pretty damn clear that the Big 12 has to expand. They can bitch & moan but they all understand that.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Boren won the argument

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
I think more and more people on Twitter are starting to understand BTM-B10 perceptions have been tracking B12 EXP drama right on the nail.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
We @flugempire for 2 months have been passing along info B12 will not proceed with final negotiations/votes on EXP until Dereg/Vote are done

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@cfn_ms @frankthetank111 Delany's number 1 Goal through Deregulation is too keep Divisions as a cemented structure toward having CCG's..

@cfn_ms @frankthetank111 ..having divisions/pods is vital to continue expansion in next generation. B1G is extremely Pro-Divisions.

@cfn_ms @frankthetank111 If B12/ACC is able to keep one 10 school/one 14 school conference with CCG-2 top teams being selected=loss for B1G

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
More Steam:
B1G Hockey is still very much interested in obtaining UCONN Hockey as part of Big Ten Hockey Conference.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 24m24 minutes ago
What we don't know....at this time we have zero info if UCONN HCKY is truly interested in joining B1G Hockey Conference.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 23m23 minutes ago
But we @flugempire do know is there has been discussions (plural) between UCONN & B1G HCKY in last 2 months.

This we know...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 7m7 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush We don't know anything beyond what we have tweeted.
B1G HCKY has been aggressive in talking with UCONN.
Here's a positive spin.... Maybe the BIG is trying to convince Uconn to bring Hockey along with the other sports. Warde strapped on a pair and has told the BIG that maybe he'll include Hockey...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UConn hockey in the B1G helps B1G recruiting and gives some lift to the B1G channel in New England.

Interesting conundrum because its not like Hockey East is garbage and can get us a TV on SNY with perhaps a comparable payday (or am I wrong?)

Reaction Score
UConn hockey in the B1G helps B1G recruiting and gives some lift to the B1G channel in New England.

Interesting conundrum because its not like Hockey East is garbage and can get us a TV on SNY with perhaps a comparable payday (or am I wrong?)
IMHO with the popularity of ice hockey in the tri-state area and the number of kids from this area that play in HE..I'm sure SNY and UCONN could work out a deal.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Does anyone have the ratings from Saturday's game on SNY/NESN? I know I watched on SNY to do my part. :)

Reaction Score
If the TV deal gets blown apart I hope UConn pushes to retain Tier 3 rights. Or at the very least retain the women's bball rights. If ESPN wants to flush everything down the toilet, then let them pay $1m to AAC (ala CUSA) but let UConn retain women's and tier 3 rights.

Reaction Score
Can someone answer me this: if Cincy and Memphis leave and the current AAC deal gets blown up, does that give the conference the ability to go back to the open market on their TV deal? Or does it just trigger a decrease in payout and maintain/or decrease exposure levels?

If it kicks it back into the open market, I doubt we'll get what we have now monetarily, but a bidding war with NBC Sports, FOX Sports and ESPN could help mitigate some of the financial damage that could happen.

Just curious.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Staying in the AAC is going to look like real genius if Cincinnati and Memphis leave.

Reaction Score
B1G: Hello UCONN? This is Jim Del...
UCONN: Yes!
B1G: But we are just talking about Hock...
UCONN: Yes.

I know I am in the minority but I think Temple will be getting some attention. Huskies and Owls to the ACC as part of a super conference would make a lot of sense.

Temple would fill in a big geographic/market hole that the ACC has in between the Virginia and New York with the loss of Maryland and not taking Rutgers first. That said, for the PA market, Penn St > Pitt + Temple.

Reaction Score
Temple would fill in a big geographic/market hole that the ACC has in between the Virginia and New York with the loss of Maryland and not taking Rutgers first. That said, for the PA market, Penn St > Pitt + Temple.

Also in the old Big East Pitt actively blocked Temple from all-sports. Not that they have the same pull in a 15-team ACC, but it's something to remember.

Reaction Score
I hate to break it to the Dude, but AAU or not...if Oklahoma wants in the B1G, the B1G will take them. Their brand is too big for the B1G to ignore. They have the TVs, now they need the content. OSU vs OU would be a marquee matchup and add some much needed strength to the western part of the conference and a rival with Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I hate to break it to the Dude, but AAU or not...if Oklahoma wants in the B1G, the B1G will take them. Their brand is too big for the B1G to ignore. They have the TVs, now they need the content. OSU vs OU would be a marquee matchup and add some much needed strength to the western part of the conference and a rival with Nebraska.
YES but not without an eastern partner...JD knows value when he see's it and he keeps saying EAST.....who but wealthy Connecticut and UConn else is in the east...contiginous too having FF county tied to NY/NJ demo....For Okie they might make some exceptions on that unofficial rule..like AAU...Kansas is about equal except in Boston to NYC eyeballs AND wealth....no comparison.

Reaction Score
Temples best shot is ACC.....When RU plays there ''Philly'' their the ''home'' team 20-1...attendance wise but TU has growth potential as good as any still available G5 team..

Reaction Score
Can someone answer me this: if Cincy and Memphis leave and the current AAC deal gets blown up, does that give the conference the ability to go back to the open market on their TV deal? Or does it just trigger a decrease in payout and maintain/or decrease exposure levels?

If it kicks it back into the open market, I doubt we'll get what we have now monetarily, but a bidding war with NBC Sports, FOX Sports and ESPN could help mitigate some of the financial damage that could happen.

Just curious.
Memphis was lucky to get in the AAC and ain't going nowhere......Houston or no expansion if Texas has there way....

Reaction Score
Also in the old Big East Pitt actively blocked Temple from all-sports. Not that they have the same pull in a 15-team ACC, but it's something to remember.

Was that Pitt? I'd always thought it was Nova who didn't want Temple playing basketball in the Big East.

Reaction Score
If UConn rejected a B1G Hockey-only invite (that I have serious doubts of its validity) then everyone involved at UConn should be immediately fired. The ONLY scenario that would be acceptable is if Swofford is on line two with an all-sports invite in hand. Then you click back to line one and barter.

Reaction Score
People who think that the B1G wouldn't take Kansas over us to go along with OU, if that were to happen, really make UConn fans look ignorant. I'm sorry, but if they're taking OU then they'll take Kansas too before taking UConn.

Reaction Score

And adding Oklahoma to the schedule for the B1G's western schools would alleviate some of the angst that Iowa, Minnesota, etc. feel about the expanded conference and loosing annual games against the eastern marquee teams - Ohio St & Michigan. Adding Oklahoma would also put the B1G on the doorstep of Texas with respect to market penetration & recruiting.

The two issues with Oklahoma besides the XII and GOR challenges is that they 1) are not AAU, which I doubt is a requirement, is a consideration, and Oklahoma is not contiguous to the B1G (not taking Missouri when the B1G had a chance may be a major error on the B1G's part). That can be addressed by taking Kansas, too.

As for a partner, it would likely be between Kansas (Basketball, AAU, links the B1G to Oklahoma, Kansas City market) v. UConn (basketball, not AAU but academically higher than Kansas & other AAU universities, complements Rutger's footprint in the NYC market, entry into the Boston market, home market [CT] is larger than Kansas City & much more affluent, hockey, etc.).

Reaction Score

Pitt's arse was saved by internal politics within the ACC that blackballed UConn and allowed Pitt to sneak in. If the ACC wants Temple, Pitt's response will be, 'yes sir,'

Reaction Score
If UConn rejected a B1G Hockey-only invite (that I have serious doubts of its validity) then everyone involved at UConn should be immediately fired. The ONLY scenario that would be acceptable is if Swofford is on line two with an all-sports invite in hand. Then you click back to line one and barter.

The question is with any such offer is if an hockey only invite is just a prelude to a all sports invite or not. if it is, then of course. If the B1G has no interest in adding UConn for all sports, then it is less clear as UConn hockey would be better off image, cost and competitive wise in Hockey East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom