Non-Key Tweets | Page 331 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Nobody cares about Florida State here and can't figure out why you won't pipe down?

Why do posters bring it up first? I was discussing Notre Dame and for some reason a guy wanted to post a drive by jerkish smack post about FSU. I didn't open this subject...

When I was in the Corps, we computed back azimuth and lobbed a round or two.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
No...but an icon of a catholic country.

Something tells me this couldn't care less if ND uses it as their mascot.

leprechaun-001.jpg

Reaction Score
I have a source at the local Fox station here in Detroit. He had some information this summer he told me over the campfire after quite a few rum and cokes. He is in the production section of the sports department. The discussion got to sports and he dropped a bomb. I'm not supposed to say anything, but here goes.

*turns and looks in both directions to make sure the CR police aren't watching*

He said he was told to start making graphics for all kinds of sports for ND and UConn. He was told to get the layout of ND Stadium and to make sure they had alternate routes to South Bend planned.

He said they told him this a couple of years ago. Sounds like ND has been after a Big10 invite ever since they entered the ACC. Seems like they think the ACC is way in over their head and that NBC will be part of the Big10 contract along with Fox, ESPN, CBS and the Lifetime network (women's sports). ESPN is allowing ND to leave with the agreement that the Big10 won't go after any ACC schools until the ACC contract is up or the conference dissolves. Apparently the Big10 has a deal with several ACC schools that if the ACC dissolves, they will become property of the Big10.

He did an interview with ND's new incoming non clerical head last spring. One of the things that stuck out to my friend was how the ND fanbase viewed their school. He was appalled by the arrogance of how they looked down other fan bases. He thought they needed an attitude adjustment.

He did mention getting back to the Midwest/Chicago roots and UConn coming in with them lessened any fears of losing any foothold in NYC/East Coast.

Thanks for collaborating my friends info, Billy. I was hesitant to bring this news here until I had confirmation of the story.

Many Bothians died bringing my friend this information.
I don't mean to attack your credibility, but can you give any insight into your connections with Michigan/B1G/whatever that would indicate whether you're just another guy who heard something at the car wash, or someone who would actually have reason to come into this information beyond you have a friend who works for a TV station.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't mean to attack your credibility, but can you give any insight into your connections with Michigan/B1G/whatever that would indicate whether you're just another guy who heard something at the car wash, or someone who would actually have reason to come into this information beyond you have a friend who works for a TV station.

Keep reading. It was performance art.

Reaction Score

I recall hearing a rumor (lol, it was probably here) that the head of B1G marketing was seen at the XL center/UConn in the spring.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
FWIW this awesome kitty cat is adoptable in a rescue shelter in Granby, CT. Your very own conspiracy kitty. PM me for details.
Mary's? We adopted a couple of kitties from there.

Reaction Score
You can't do that and just leave it out there!! :eek:
Well, obviously, the owners refuse to sell! The state has been and still is making an effort to acquire land around the stadium.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Oh. I thought there would be an interesting story behind it, similar to how Connecticut and Massachusetts divvied up Southwick Jog.

According to Google Maps, there are two such houses surrounded on three sides by the North most parking lot.

Reaction Score
The story behind that one is sort of amusing.

I doubt we'll ever get an on-campus stadium.
I'd love to own that. 6 times a year I'd have an awesome BBQ, then jump the fence and go to the game.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert – ‏@theDudeofWV
So you guys ready. The B12 composition committee is reportedly ready to recommend Cincinnati & Houston for membership.

They would not do that if they do not have the votes.

Baylor & Oklahoma want UH. Cincinnati has shown commitment & potential plus they offer a bridge to WVU.

Unconfirmed: Bobby Huggins played a role in pitching UC to the Big 12.

The apparent apathy from UT's leadership allowed OU's Boren to strong arm UH in front of Memphis.

@TXCyclones
Was just told here in Irving this isn't true. Wrong teams entirely. https://twitter.com/thedudeofwv/status/669545018533744640 …

[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/theDudeofWV']Christopher Lambert – ‏@theDudeofWV[/URL]
@TXCyclones Well, 'twas a good source. But there are factions (every UT alumn alive) who don't want UH.
https://post original url/t3mLlioCgQ
@TXCyclones Did you read my story on this? A huge reversal from a few weeks.

Matthew Hartman ‏@matthew_hartman 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV seriously? what changed?

@matthew_hartman I have no idea. Boren wants to expand. He's in the captains chair.

I'm not convinced UH has the votes. File this one under 50/50.
https://post original url/t3mLlioCgQ

Reaction Score
So you guys ready. The B12 composition committee is reportedly ready to recommend Cincinnati & Houston for membership.

Baylor & Oklahoma want UH. Cincinnati has shown commitment & potential plus they offer a bridge to WVU.

The apparent apathy from UT's leadership allowed OU's Boren to strong arm UH in front of Memphis.

The only college who wants Houston is U Texas as it allows them to expand (likely agreeing to either Memphis or Cincinnati) and thus improve the conference's football playoff chances while increasing U Texas's power in the Austin political scene (at the expense of A&M). Baylor will go along with U Texas as their P5 survival without the XII is less certain than some of their conference mates (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, OK St). The only reason that Oklahoma would support Houston, because they should as heck do not want another Texas school beholden to the Long Horns to deal with inside the XII, is if they are already packing their bags and want to monetize their XII investment before bolting. The Sooners know that for the XII to survive, the conference needs to not just expand; but, expand into new markets - Florida, BYU, UConn, etc.

Reaction Score
[URL='https://twitter.com/ack4wvu'] Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3
I DONT USUALLY GET INVOLVED HERE but i have it from a reliable source that B12 will grow to 14 by next contract and to 12 by 2017

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 [URL='https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/669590056924012548']2h2 hours ago
[/URL][/URL]
[URL='https://twitter.com/ack4wvu'] @ack4wvu which is exactly what I heard and posted here over a month ago

Dave Ackermann ‏@ack4wvu 2h2 hours ago
@MH ver3 my source also says UT will only convert LHN to B12N and has no interest in ACC -B12N CONVERSION WOULD REQUIRE $1M BUY-IN PER MEMBER[/URL]

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
They better do something soon because Oklahoma is talking and the Big10 is listening

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
Memphis - CINCY - Houston are final 3 candidates for 2 open spots in B12 Expansion.
BTM dinner Friday night.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Expansion_Crush They won't go to 14..that would induce a slight payout to each B12 current school and they won't go for it.12 will be the #

@Expansion_Crush B10 does not believe B12 will take BYU as 11 or 12...but will see.

Tom Herman has seen Houston's Road Map to B12. It includes, what we @flugempire mentioned in the Summer, a push from Legislature in Austin

CINCY fulfills Reseach $ part and travel part of ledger for B12 schools. So yes, a UH-CINCY combo, as we tweeted out on Oct 13th is viable

We @flugempire have not heard at this time that 3 leading candidates have been slimmed down to 2.

We will ask B1G perspective on Friday

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
Dinner with BTM is almost over... I will be short and sweet

BTM Dinner 1) B1G HCKY proposal to change age requirements...not going to pass. B1G don't even think own proposal will make dent.

2) B10 Perception on where B12 is headed in regards to expansion has not changed..CINCY - MEM -UH...2 out of 3 will be in B12 before 2017 FB

3) Only B12 Expansion update according to B10 Perception is Kansas not on board a Memphis candidacy to B12.

4) B10 is worried about litigation involving " " in future. You can guess what is...as it's an issue growing in NFL. Just use your head

5) as BTM said in the Spring...look for FOX to get at least half of new B1G Tier 1/2 Contract starting in 2017

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
6) BTM...there is no steam in B1G possible expansion of 2 more schools untangled with upcoming new TV/Media contact. Not happening

7) However...as BTM has disclosed before when B1G new contract gets settled in early Summer of 2016 the contract will have a buil-in..

....built-in expansion open envelope. B1G will have it stated TV partners will pay same rate for 15/16 if/when B1G chooses to expand...

....during the lifetime of new contract. But no one expects any B1G expansion with full time members anytime soon.

8) The flirtation between B1G HCKY & Notre Dame HCKY is real...but it's a long shot...ND using B1G as ploy to get more $ from NBC SN.

But according to BTM the dance on ice between ND & B1G is real....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah networks are going to give them a blank check for expansion. Good luck with that.

Reaction Score
The story behind that one is sort of amusing.

I doubt we'll ever get an on-campus stadium.

I knew the family who lived there in the 70s. My friend's parents...they used to grow cukes for Silver Lane Pickle Co in the 60s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom