Non-Key Tweets | Page 329 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The main question is if they signed a GoR on all non-football ACC sponsored sports. If they did, it would make the move quite a bit harder. Then again, ND's attitude toward the Big10 would make it even harder as well.

ND signed both the exit fee and the GOR agreements in addition to the "if ND football ever joins..." provision deal with the ACC:

Football and hockey would not be included, since ND has NBC TV deals for both.

"The agreements were signed by the current ACC members except Maryland, which negotiated a deal last year to join the Big Ten, effective in July 2014. Maryland had no comment Monday on the announcement by the ACC, which has a long-term broadcast partnership with ESPN.

Maryland is in a legal skirmish with the conference over the school's contention that the exit fee of more than $52 million is unreasonable and punitive.

The agreements mean that the conference will retain broadcast rights if a member leaves, making moves unlikely.

"These are strong and definitive moves by the ACC and its member schools to further announce our desire to stay together and position ourselves among the top conferences in the country," North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham said.

The agreements were also signed by Syracuse and Pittsburgh — which are joining the ACC in time for the next football season — and by Louisville, which is joining in 2014. Notre Dame, which becomes a member this year in all sports but football, also signed."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...h-acc-commissioner-john-swofford-media-rights

http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-football/post/_/id/15051/acc-presidents-approve-grant-of-rights

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wish I was too. I wouldn't have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to work.

I have a suspicion that Delany might be up earlier than that.

Of course, his office is wherever his phone is.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I have a suspicion that Delany might be up earlier than that.

Of course, his office is wherever his phone is.

Best type of job, other than being your own boss. *Glares at wife with at home business*

Reaction Score
Have we forgotten that Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC if they join a conference for football?
Has anyone mentioned with ND's ''juice'' they'll do whatever they want or is in their best interests....we may not like it or them but their not stupid and have as much cash as they need to escape anything so small as contractual obligations.

Reaction Score
One big flaw in this reasoning is bolded above...
Terry you're party line is redundant...we already know what you seem to insist were to dumb to know....unless of course YOU ARE ND.

Reaction Score
ND signed both the exit fee and the GOR agreements in addition to the "if ND football ever joins..." provision deal with the ACC:

Football and hockey would not be included, since ND has NBC TV deals for both.

"The agreements were signed by the current ACC members except Maryland, which negotiated a deal last year to join the Big Ten, effective in July 2014. Maryland had no comment Monday on the announcement by the ACC, which has a long-term broadcast partnership with ESPN.

Maryland is in a legal skirmish with the conference over the school's contention that the exit fee of more than $52 million is unreasonable and punitive.

The agreements mean that the conference will retain broadcast rights if a member leaves, making moves unlikely.

"These are strong and definitive moves by the ACC and its member schools to further announce our desire to stay together and position ourselves among the top conferences in the country," North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham said.

The agreements were also signed by Syracuse and Pittsburgh — which are joining the ACC in time for the next football season — and by Louisville, which is joining in 2014. Notre Dame, which becomes a member this year in all sports but football, also signed."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...h-acc-commissioner-john-swofford-media-rights

http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-football/post/_/id/15051/acc-presidents-approve-grant-of-rights
GEE Terry....thanks for the novel.SU and Pitt too...who cares.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A Rutgers fan fighting a notre dame fan on a UConn message board... I've seen it all...

Reaction Score
Terry you're party line is redundant...we already know what you seem to insist were to dumb to know....unless of course YOU ARE ND.

Well, one guy suggests ND might join the Big Ten. Another guy asked a question and ND and the ACC GOR and I answered it. The questions and the answers are only redundant because the question keeps getting asked.

Reaction Score
The only thing I know about ND is that it is a full ACC member in all sports except hockey which is 100% hockey east and football which is about 50% ACC.

Reaction Score
Again, the GOR question was asked.

There is nobody on this board explicitly soliciting your opinion on anything. So why do you feel compelled to assign yourself as representive of the institution, and provide answers to questions that nobody is asking. Do you similarly assert yourself when people ask rhetorical questions about the Pope?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well, one guy suggests ND might join the Big Ten. Another guy asked a question and ND and the ACC GOR and I answered it. The questions and the answers are only redundant because the question keeps getting asked.

No one is asking you anything, sweetpea.

Reaction Score
"Am told that ND is just waiting until Clemson loses a game"

"Wants to be respectful of Clemson season."

"ND willing to buy the NBC network."

"Talking to Big Ten about merging NBC with BTN."

"More later after breakfast with Leprechaun man."

Reaction Score
Notre Dame to Install Lutheran As President Tomorrow
Hans Andersen

South Bend

In a break with one of Notre Dame's most fundamental traditions, the Irish will install a non clerical, non Catholic as head of the University.

A spokesman for the school stated that "with the changing world around us, we at Notre Dame wish to become more relevant to that changing environment. Since 70% of America's Lutheran's live in the midwest, and we are beginning to see ourselves as a midwest university, this move should signal our intentions to be a strong regional draw to those of any faith."

There are some traditionalists who oppose this historic appointment. Terrance Donovan, President of the Shamrock Club, said "We have already made concessions. The official founding name of the University is Notre Dame du Lac. We drop the french appellation in order to be more appealing to our donors and students. We must halt this current appeasement or it could lead to the loss of our university's unique standing. Next thing you know, our great institution could join a conference for football or, God forbid, replace Touchdown Jesus with an image less aggressively religious, like Indiana's Orville Redenbacher. There is already talk that a leprechaun is too Irish, too Catholic, and should be replaced with a fuzzy mascot that a majority can relate too. This is a call to arms".

Reaction Score
Notre Dame to Install Lutheran As President Tomorrow
Hans Andersen

South Bend

In a break with one of Notre Dame's most fundamental traditions, the Irish will install a non clerical, non Catholic as head of the University.

A spokesman for the school stated that "with the changing world around us, we at Notre Dame wish to become more relevant to that changing environment. Since 70% of America's Lutheran's live in the midwest, and we are beginning to see ourselves as a midwest university, this move should signal our intentions to be a strong regional draw to those of any faith."

There are some traditionalists who oppose this historic appointment. Terrance Donovan, President of the Shamrock Club, said "We have already made concessions. The official founding name of the University is Notre Dame du Lac. We drop the french appellation in order to be more appealing to our donors and students. We must halt this current appeasement or it could lead to the loss of our university's unique standing. Next thing you know, our great institution could join a conference for football or, God forbid, replace Touchdown Jesus with an image less aggressively religious, like Indiana's Orville Redenbacher. There is already talk that a leprechaun is too Irish, too Catholic, and should be replaced with a fuzzy mascot that a majority can relate too. This is a call to arms".

Given your mascot, you really feel comfortable making fun of a fictional lepruchaun? Hint -- you shouldn't.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"You know it was just time for us to stop ducking our natural rivals" said Terrance Donovan, President of the Shamrock Club. "I mean we've been hiding in the ACC essentially facing junior college squads. Our fans deserve better."

Reaction Score
Congratulations fighting irish, no offense, on your invitation to the promised land! Will UCONN be next to the B1G?!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom