Non-Key Tweets | Page 328 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Big Ten, 73. Oh @TerryD... It's show time ;)

Not going to happen. I thought the Big Ten's stance towards ND was "all or nothing". Did Diamond Jim just cave in on that?

ND is not going to leave independence and the ACC to join the Big Ten in full. Anyone who believes or counts on that is fooling themselves, Flugaur tweets or no.

pj

Reaction Score
Not going to happen. I thought the Big Ten's stance towards ND was "all or nothing". Did Diamond Jim just cave in on that?

ND is not going to leave independence and the ACC to join the Big Ten in full. Anyone who believes or counts on that is fooling themselves, Flugaur tweets or no.

You are forgetting that they'd not only be joining the Big Ten, they'd be joining UConn.

Reaction Score
Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS · 2h2 hours ago
AM RT: Will Ohio State finally click when its real season begins vs. Michigan State
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...when-its-real-season-begins-vs-michigan-state

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@JonSolomonCBS This is why the B12 might take the playoff committee to court:
http://m.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sport...127-51e8-5234-8aa9-591dd48b85f1.html?mode=jqm

@JonSolomonCBS I am not joking or embellishing. A B12 contingent believes it may have to go to court.

@theDudeofWV Then that Big 12 contingent is insane. Big 12 helped create this system. Anyone can sue. Winning is a whole other matter.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @JonSolomonCBS Insane is a good word. I don't have any problem with that label.

@JonSolomonCBS What is Kirby Hocutt telling the Big 12 about proceedings? What's going on that concerns the Big 12 so much?

@theDudeofWV To be honest, this dialogue is tiring me, sorry. There is disrespect for the Big 12. That doesn't mean you sue.

@JonSolomonCBS Okay, last tweet about it. The B12 feels Alvarez and Osborne are purposely harming the B12's position.

Reaction Score
AM RT: Will Ohio State finally click when its real season begins vs. Michigan State
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...when-its-real-season-begins-vs-michigan-state

@JonSolomonCBS This is why the B12 might take the playoff committee to court:
http://m.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sport...127-51e8-5234-8aa9-591dd48b85f1.html?mode=jqm

@JonSolomonCBS I am not joking or embellishing. A B12 contingent believes it may have to go to court.

@theDudeofWV Then that Big 12 contingent is insane. Big 12 helped create this system. Anyone can sue. Winning is a whole other matter.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @JonSolomonCBS Insane is a good word. I don't have any problem with that label.

@JonSolomonCBS What is Kirby Hocutt telling the Big 12 about proceedings? What's going on that concerns the Big 12 so much?

@theDudeofWV To be honest, this dialogue is tiring me, sorry. There is disrespect for the Big 12. That doesn't mean you sue.

@JonSolomonCBS Okay, last tweet about it. The B12 feels Alvarez and Osborne are purposely harming the B12's position.

What if I told you, the keyboard is mightier than the sword?
ESPN's 30 for 30 "The Dude & Flug"

Reaction Score

LOL imagining the Dude having a meltdown over this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I love this more than words can express....
Playoff rankings favor Notre Dame, hurt Sooners ...
and support one crazy conspiracy theory

Reaction Score
We're also talking about ND. No way they signed a contract with the ACC that does not give them a loop hole to bail.
Bingo. If the B1G wants ND and ND actually wants to join the B1G, it will happen. The B1G would pay the ACC $50-100 million on the spot to make it happen. They'd make that back in two years of ND as a member.

Reaction Score
Bingo. If the B1G wants ND and ND actually wants to join the B1G, it will happen. The B1G would pay the ACC $50-100 million on the spot to make it happen. They'd make that back in two years of ND as a member.

One big flaw in this reasoning is bolded above...

Reaction Score
Well yeah, that's why I said if and actually, it's a hypothetical I posed. I don't think ND actually wants in the B1G right now. If they did, they'd be admitted in about two seconds. Delaney has a 150-mile-long red carpet on hold in Chicago to extend to South Bend.

Reaction Score

Other than remaining independent until there is no choice, I do not claim to know what ND wants. That said, if the XII implodes and the B1G is able to grab Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas plus say UConn and either UVA or V Tech, ND would have to look at what is best for it and a conference that runs from the Northeast metropolis to Chicago and then down to Texas would be very attractive for a program that wants to be national versus the ACC that would be focused on the South Atlantic plus a few secondary northeast cities.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Have we forgotten that Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC if they join a conference for football?

Swoffords "Peace in our time" moment.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I find it difficult to believe the B1G would offer UConn as hockey-only, but if UConn turned it down, everybody should be fired immediately. The hockey program is not yet good enough to justify the travel costs out east for all of those B1G teams. I still think the better chance exists that UConn is invited in all sports instead of hockey by itself - it makes more sense for the B1G as a whole.
Why should UConn execs be fired if they turn down a hockey-only B1G invite? As noted, It would be a money-loser. We'd be leaving a good geographic fit and the best hockey conference in the country. If the B1G wants us for all sports, they can have hockey.

Reaction Score
Have we forgotten that Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC if they join a conference for football?

Or does it really read, "if Notre Dame football joins any conference it must be the ACC, provided that Notre Dame's other sports are (still) in the ACC" ????

Think about that one... To say otherwise means that Notre Dame knowing locked themselves into the ACC for quite some time without this rather reasonable escape clause. There has to be an escape clause somewhere, and I'll bet that is it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pj

dayooper

Reaction Score
Why should UConn execs be fired if they turn down a hockey-only B1G invite? As noted, It would be a money-loser. We'd be leaving a good geographic fit and the best hockey conference in the country. If the B1G wants us for all sports, they can have hockey.

Really? Why would it be a money loser? How much is the media deal for UConn hockey/Hockey East? How does that compare to what they would get from the Big10? You have no clue what the Big10 would offer (neither do I), but I'm sure it's more than enough to cover travel costs. The exposure in new areas would be a great for UConn and its academics.

I have been on record saying I would rather have UConn Hockey in the Big10 than ND (I have also said that I Want UConn fully in the Big10). That being said, UConn hockey isn't the sport that allows you to demand what you want. In fact, if you blow the Big10 off now, you may damage the good relationships that you have built with the Big10. Jim Delany has said in interviews after Rutgers and Maryland were invited that UConn graded out well in their assessment. That wasn't off of a question, he just said it. Major moves have to made with the comfort of all parties in mind. If Delany's offer is insulting, of course you turn it down. If it's not, I think you have to take it.

pj

Reaction Score
Or does it really read, "if Notre Dame football joins any conference it must be the ACC, provided that Notre Dame's other sports are (still) in the ACC" ????

Think about that one... To say otherwise means that Notre Dame knowing locked themselves into the ACC for quite some time without this rather reasonable escape clause. There has to be an escape clause somewhere, and I'll bet that is it.

True enough ... there are termination provisions in every agreement. If Notre Dame terminates its contract with the ACC, all its sports will have to leave, but it will no longer be bound by the "football must join ACC" provision.

And how costly could the exit provisions be? Reportedly the ACC exit fee was based on 3 years income, and football accounted for 80% of payouts. If the exit fee is $50 million for all sports schools, the exit fee for Notre Dame is probably in the $10 million range. Not enough to stop a move to the B1G if that is what they want.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So you think UConn should reject the Big 10 offering admission for one of our sports? That sounds like a stupendous idea, really ought to make them want to invite us as a full member.

dayooper

Reaction Score
True enough ... there are termination provisions in every agreement. If Notre Dame terminates its contract with the ACC, all its sports will have to leave, but it will no longer be bound by the "football must join ACC" provision.

And how costly could the exit provisions be? Reportedly the ACC exit fee was based on 3 years income, and football accounted for 80% of payouts. If the exit fee is $50 million for all sports schools, the exit fee for Notre Dame is probably in the $10 million range. Not enough to stop a move to the B1G if that is what they want.

The main question is if they signed a GoR on all non-football ACC sponsored sports. If they did, it would make the move quite a bit harder. Then again, ND's attitude toward the Big10 would make it even harder as well.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Its like the first time you meet your girlfriends dad and he says "hey can I get you a beer"? Even if you want absolutely nothing to do with a beer you say "yeah sure" and deal with the consequences later

Reaction Score
Travis HaneyVerified account ‏@TravHaneyESPN 4h4 hours ago
Houston not messing around: Board willing to go $3 mil per to keep Tom Herman. Road map to join Power 5 league part of pitch, as well.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
Yes, UH has a Road Map to P5. UH has 2 roads. 1 is now an active road which leads to B12. UH is 1 of 3 leading candidates to B12.

2nd Road for UH to B12 is as of now is inactive...a road that leads to PAC.
PAC will expand to Central Timezone at some point..but not now

However...this 2nd Road UH has to P5 Conference is leverage which is being used on B12/UT
B12 does not want PAC into 10th market in U.S.

We @flugempire passed along info during Summer of 2015 UH was 1 of 3 leading candidates for B12...while others went into binge whiplashing

UH just sent an offer of 3 million a year to Herman along with a Road Map to P5 Conference.
UH has reasons to believe...to hope...to plan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom