Non-Key Tweets | Page 327 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
How about with the provision any future expansion in football/ basketball has to include Uconn

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
How about with the provision any future expansion in football/ basketball has to include Uconn

I guess that I would ask why? The Big10 gives $2 million to extra to each of their hockey schools per year. I would expect ASU and UConn/ND would receive at least half that. That would cover UConn's increased travel costs and then some. Throw in the increased exposure in new areas (Midwest) and you have a winner for the university.

pj

Reaction Score
I guess that I would ask why? The Big10 gives $2 million to extra to each of their hockey schools per year. I would expect ASU and UConn/ND would receive at least half that. That would cover UConn's increased travel costs and then some. Throw in the increased exposure in new areas (Midwest) and you have a winner for the university.

I doubt that would be a winner by itself, but the increased ties to the Big10 and the option value of enhancing the likelihood of an all-sports invitation would make it worthwhile.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

The best place for UConn hockey is exactly where it is, in Hockey East. That would mean absolutely zero if an all sports invite was extended. UConn won't move hockey on its own. It would move it, 'early,' but that's about the extent of it.

Reaction Score
I doubt that would be a winner by itself, but the increased ties to the Big10 and the option value of enhancing the likelihood of an all-sports invitation would make it worthwhile.

Sounds too much like the Big East enhancing the likelihood of Notre Dame joining their conference.

Reaction Score
Sounds too much like the Big East enhancing the likelihood of Notre Dame joining their conference.
I've said all along that the Big East is where Notre Dame really belongs. Private Catholic universities. All over the Midwest now especially with Creighton, Xavier, and Butler. No need for BS football agreement. Plenty of money from NBC.

Reaction Score
I've said all along that the Big East is where Notre Dame really belongs. Private Catholic universities. All over the Midwest now especially with Creighton, Xavier, and Butler. No need for BS football agreement. Plenty of money from NBC.

I meant the old Big East where we gave them a haven in the hopes they would give us football and save the league.
But I agree with what you said, except they are sucking bowl bids out of the ACC so that's where they ended up.

Reaction Score
Need the extra revenue from BTN and couldn't hurt for future all-member chances. Need to head to the B1G.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, the obligatory reminder that these Twitter nitwits are out of their minds.

Putting hockey in the Big Ten and keeping everything else in the American would be a disaster. The Big Ten is not giving us $2M for hockey.

Right now, every game is a bus ride and a max of one night in a hotel. Throw in a bunch of flights and hotel stays and we'll be buying even more red ink.

Reaction Score
First, the obligatory reminder that these Twitter nitwits are out of their minds.

Putting hockey in the Big Ten and keeping everything else in the American would be a disaster. The Big Ten is not giving us $2M for hockey.

Right now, every game is a bus ride and a max of one night in a hotel. Throw in a bunch of flights and hotel stays and we'll be buying even more red ink.

Not to mention, if the Big wants our hockey and what we really want is to be a full member, how does giving them the part they most want help us get them to take the part they want less? Some saying with cows and milk comes to mind.

Reaction Score
I find it difficult to believe the B1G would offer UConn as hockey-only, but if UConn turned it down, everybody should be fired immediately. The hockey program is not yet good enough to justify the travel costs out east for all of those B1G teams. I still think the better chance exists that UConn is invited in all sports instead of hockey by itself - it makes more sense for the B1G as a whole.

Reaction Score
Not to mention, if the Big wants our hockey and what we really want is to be a full member, how does giving them the part they most want help us get them to take the part they want less? Some saying with cows and milk comes to mind.

And unlike football, the NE is a great recruiting territory for hockey.

As for ND they have a problem with the new CFB playoff system. As much perceived goodwill as there is among fans nationally, the committee's roots and CCG's do not play well for ND getting into the playoff even in years like this when they have a good/very good team. As much as they love their bi-coastal appeal, their history is playing in NC games and it might require an undefeated season for them to do so in the future. A number of teams are poised to leapfrog them even if they win out from here and that could easily be repeated in future seasons.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I could see phone conversations happening, but not getting too far on this. We've read that Notre Dame's coach is unhappy about Hockey East travel, but Jim Delany would not go after Notre Dame for their hockey alone.

pj

Reaction Score

UConn hockey is not the milk. More like the hooves.

Amusing if UConn ends up being tied at the hip to Notre Dame and whichever conference gets Notre Dame as #15 gets UConn as #16.

Reaction Score
I could see phone conversations happening, but not getting too far on this. We've read that Notre Dame's coach is unhappy about Hockey East travel, but Jim Delany would not go after Notre Dame for their hockey alone.
Jeff Jackson sure is not happy with Hockey East, it remains to be seen whether Swarbrick is as well. I also wonder how the other schools would feel about ND's NBC deal, I know that's a point of contention with some HE schools as well.

Reaction Score
Have we forgotten that Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC if they join a conference for football?

Reaction Score
Have we forgotten that Notre Dame is contractually obligated to join the ACC if they join a conference for football?

We're also talking about ND. No way they signed a contract with the ACC that does not give them a loop hole to bail.

pj

Reaction Score

Only if they join a conference before 2027. They are free to go to B1G in 2027.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom