Non-Key Tweets | Page 330 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
This is fun. A dedicated ND thread on the Boneyard. Cool. :)

Here is an article on ND's injuries and ability to overcome them so far this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/notre-dame-...39531.html
With the significant decrease in travel time as a member of the Big Ten, the athletes will have much more time to rehabilitate and prepare their bodies. It's great to see ND thinking of the health and welfare of their student athletes by finally acknowledging their Midwestern roots.

Reaction Score
With the significant decrease in travel time as a member of the Big Ten, the athletes will have much more time to rehabilitate and prepare their bodies. It's great to see ND thinking of the health and welfare of their student athletes by finally acknowledging their Midwestern roots.
That just changed the non-key tweets world. UConn and ND to the B1G. Would much rather entice UVA, if possible.

Reaction Score

For ND, beating BC by 3 is much sexier than beating Purdue by 3 or 7.
  • Recruiting territory
  • Stadium size
  • Afternoon trip for local fans and bands
  • BC(f), Best Catholic Friend, gets a good "HOME" game.
  • New England donors

ND By 7 in 2013: http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=332572509
ND By 3 in 2012: http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=322520087

Now, move UConn to the Big Ten, and you get,

• New England donors

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That just changed the non-key tweets world. UConn and ND to the B1G. Would much rather entice UVA, if possible.

If UConn somehow got into the B1G, I really don't care who our partner is - ND, UVA, V Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

Actually, I do hope it's not Syracuse and/or BC because I want to sit back, have some popcorn and a beer while watching both boards meltdown should UConn join the B1G.

Reaction Score
If UConn somehow got into the B1G, I really don't care who our partner is - ND, UVA, V Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

Actually, I do hope it's not Syracuse and/or BC because I want to sit back, have some popcorn and a beer while watching both boards meltdown should UConn join the B1G.
Syracuse fans are already in denial. Heck, some even deny we have more championships in men's basketball. Some think we can't win another.

The Big Ten does want UConn. I am sure they are dreaming of UVA, too. They are not all that worried about football pedigree. That's something that's been established, sustained and won't go away anytime soon. They certainly do like the lure of the history of CT. They know we have houses older than midwestern states around our stadium.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Syracuse fans are already in denial. Heck, some even deny we have more championships in men's basketball. Some think we can't win another.

The Big Ten does want UConn. I am sure they are dreaming of UVA, too. They are not all that worried about football pedigree. That's something that's been established, sustained and won't go away anytime soon. They certainly do like the lure of the history of CT. They know we have houses older than midwestern states around our stadium.
Right just show this house and it's a DONE DEAL
UHFVvwE.jpg

Reaction Score

I also hope UCONN gets invited to the B1Ggest of the P5, but one thing I am 99% certain of, SU and BC are not going to the B1G.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Hey, so I heard ND might join the B1G?

I have a source at the local Fox station here in Detroit. He had some information this summer he told me over the campfire after quite a few rum and cokes. He is in the production section of the sports department. The discussion got to sports and he dropped a bomb. I'm not supposed to say anything, but here goes.

*turns and looks in both directions to make sure the CR police aren't watching*

He said he was told to start making graphics for all kinds of sports for ND and UConn. He was told to get the layout of ND Stadium and to make sure they had alternate routes to South Bend planned.

He said they told him this a couple of years ago. Sounds like ND has been after a Big10 invite ever since they entered the ACC. Seems like they think the ACC is way in over their head and that NBC will be part of the Big10 contract along with Fox, ESPN, CBS and the Lifetime network (women's sports). ESPN is allowing ND to leave with the agreement that the Big10 won't go after any ACC schools until the ACC contract is up or the conference dissolves. Apparently the Big10 has a deal with several ACC schools that if the ACC dissolves, they will become property of the Big10.

He did an interview with ND's new incoming non clerical head last spring. One of the things that stuck out to my friend was how the ND fanbase viewed their school. He was appalled by the arrogance of how they looked down other fan bases. He thought they needed an attitude adjustment.

He did mention getting back to the Midwest/Chicago roots and UConn coming in with them lessened any fears of losing any foothold in NYC/East Coast.

Thanks for collaborating my friends info, Billy. I was hesitant to bring this news here until I had confirmation of the story.

Many Bothians died bringing my friend this information.

Reaction Score
I have a source at the local Fox station here in Detroit. He had some information this summer he told me over the campfire after quite a few rum and cokes. He is in the production section of the sports department. The discussion got to sports and he dropped a bomb. I'm not supposed to say anything, but here goes.

He said he was told to start making graphics for all kinds of sports for ND and UConn. He was told to get the layout of ND Stadium and to make sure they had alternate routes to South Bend planned.

He said they told him this a couple of years ago. Sounds like ND has been after a Big10 invite ever since they entered the ACC. Seems like they think the ACC is way in over their head and that NBC will be part of the Big10 contract along with Fox, ESPN, CBS and the Lifetime network (women's sports). ESPN is allowing ND to leave with the agreement that the Big10 won't go after any ACC schools until the ACC contract is up or the conference dissolves. Apparently the Big10 has a deal with several ACC schools that if the ACC dissolves, they will become property of the Big10.

He did an interview with ND's new incoming non clerical head last spring. One of the things that stuck out to my friend was how the ND fanbase viewed their school. He was appalled by the arrogance of how they looked down other fan bases. He thought they needed an attitude adjustment.

He did mention getting back to the Midwest/Chicago roots and UConn coming in with them lessened any fears of losing any foothold in NYC/East Coast.

Thanks for collaborating my friends info, Billy. I was hesitant to bring this news here until I had confirmation of the story.

Whether or not this is true this is so much better than the car wash story... Thank you

Reaction Score

Huh?
download.jpg

Reaction Score
There is a lot to digest in this thread. I frankly do not know what to make of it all.

Why oh why is there not some anonymous fan on the message boards who can appear, and share with us their opinions of what ND the institution, alumni group, donors and run of the mill drunken Irish fans might be thinking right now?

Is ND open to giving up their independence? Maybe we will never know.

Reaction Score

April Fools Day is only five months away. ;)

dayooper

Reaction Score
April Fools Day is only five months away. ;)

Never was meant to be true. Lifetime getting sports? Collaboration with Billy? I guess I wasn't snarky enough.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Whether or not this is true this is so much better than the car wash story... Thank you

No problem! Just so you know, you all are the enemy tomorrow. I will go back to liking you all Thursday.

BTW - You are going to kick our butts tomorrow. We have no post defense and anybody with a big man worth anything will dominate us in the post. Rebounding? We don't know what that means.

Reaction Score
Leprechauns are Catholic? I did not know that.

If Notre Dame did turn away from Catholicism, they should at least change the name to Votre Dame.

Ever heard of a Leprechaun not from the Irish Republic? The Orangemen of Ulster are too uptight in that Puritan Protestant way, to see a leprechaun

Reaction Score
Given your mascot, you really feel comfortable making fun of a fictional lepruchaun? Hint -- you shouldn't.

I don't get this post? What are you trying to say?

Probably playing the ignorant, paternalistic white man's PC card as smack. A jerkish response.

The Seminole Tribe of Florida blasted the NCAA for the very same notion. A bunch of white guys telling the Seminole Nation what they should be upset at. And the NCAA got it.

When Osceola first rode Renegade, it was women from the reservation who volunteered to make his garments...and that continues to this day. When Bobby Bowden traveled to Pasadena for the national championship game, it was aboard the tribal jet with the chief and his retinue. When the spear was planted at homecoming...it was a fully dressed tribal member who planted it.

The Seminoles and the Seminole Tribe of Florida have a special relationship...it ain't like "Redskins" or Illini....

And I understand you just were attempting smack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't get this post? What are you trying to say?

Um, there's been one or two questions raised over the cultural issues surrounding the over-use of Native American mascots

Reaction Score
Um, there's been one or two questions raised over the cultural issues surrounding the over-use of Native American mascots

After perusing my amended post above...what is the problem, exactly?

pj

Reaction Score
There's been one or two questions raised on this very board on the suitability of Huskies as mascots. At least, Huskies with grey fur.

pj

Reaction Score
Ever heard of a Leprechaun not from the Irish Republic? The Orangemen of Ulster are too uptight in that Puritan Protestant way, to see a leprechaun

Leprechauns are Irish, but there is no record of one ever attending church or receiving the sacraments. They are known to hoard gold. A suitability mascot for Notre Dame, perhaps, but hardly Catholic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom