Non-Key Tweets | Page 236 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score

The XII is a way better option that the AAC; but, I hope that any hint of this being true drives the B1G (1st choice) or ACC to grab UConn first. College sports is about rivalries and while playing Texas (and winning, LOL) is fun, I just can't get excited about playing Texas Tech and K State. Now, if UConn can pound on Rutgers or BC with periodic visits by Ohio St and Florida St sound like more fun.

Reaction Score
The XII is a way better option that the AAC; but, I hope that any hint of this being true drives the B1G (1st choice) or ACC to grab UConn first. College sports is about rivalries and while playing Texas (and winning, LOL) is fun, I just can't get excited about playing Texas Tech and K State. Now, if UConn can pound on Rutgers or BC with periodic visits by Ohio St and Florida St sound like more fun.
I can get excited about Kansas, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, etc.

It's not the best arrangement, but there are some really good programs. Including, many years, KState.

And the football?

That said, I don't think it's going to happen.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Agree not the 1st choice, but 100000000000X better than our current situation. If it's our only opportunity for p5 conference, we must (and we will) take it.

Reaction Score
A Big 12 move with UCF fits the @skibets comment, the big east soccer move rumor, and this Civil Conflict thingy. Humm...

Reaction Score
Basically his usual BS. His sources are omnipotent. Big 12 is stable and everyone loves each other. WV is undervalued and the cream of the Big 12. Uconn not going to B1G. It was his Twitter crap in long form. Dudes imagination and self importance is epic

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
LMAO. Southerners boasting about their cost of living is the equivalent of someone boasting about the money they are saving having their Thanksgiving dinner at Dennys.

No one down south eats at Denny's on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is deep fried turkey time. Which, oh by the way, you'll do for the rest of your life once you learn how to do it right. Roasted turkey? So pilgrimish.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
No one down south eats at Denny's on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is deep fried turkey time. Which, oh by the way, you'll do for the rest of your life once you learn how to do it right. Roasted turkey? So pilgrimish.

Will vouch for this 100% Deep fried turkey with homemade dressing and sweet potato casserole with some black eyed peas HEY NOW

Reaction Score
Much of NJ is awful. No one would want to live there. Much of NJ is beautiful, and it costs a lot of money to live there. Just like Conn., a beautiful state.

As for Florida, it's pretty ugly all around, just flat, but it has the heat going for it. About it.

Yeah....but you can have it both ways...I live in Florida and in North Carolina....right now, the mountain laurel is blooming on my mountain.

When we get the urge, we flit back and forth. Friends in both places.

Reaction Score
Not sure, nor do I care where you are going.

No reason to live up north with a zero quality of life benefit while sucking up the weather.

Rochester and Buffalo are cheap because they are not popular destinations. That's why I said you're reinforcing what I wrote.

But surely you are totally disregarding so many ills with the south. There's a reason the south is the nation's economic basket case.

Reaction Score
I'm going to try to get this thread off the politics...

Now it think the smoke signals are indicating a Big 12 move. Discuss.

Reaction Score
Yeah....but you can have it both ways...I live in Florida and in North Carolina....right now, the mountain laurel is blooming on my mountain.

When we get the urge, we flit back and forth. Friends in both places.

Are parts of NC truly that south when Cary NC outside of Raleigh apparently has an acronym - Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees.

Reaction Score
UConn, UCF, and UC to the B12 together would be great. I think Memphis would likely be in the mix as well as BYU. Personally, I'd be fine with Memphis. Annual hoops games against Kansas, Texas, WVU, Memphis, and Cincy would be very compelling. KState and OU hold there own in that category too. There's no need to even mention how awesome it would be getting a B12 slate at the Rent. Please let there be truth to this.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 23h23 hours ago
@UCFSports This "manufactured" rivalry is a precursor to both joining the B12.

We will know we are trolled if the Yoda's next tweet cites @skibets.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rochester and Buffalo are cheap because they are not popular destinations. That's why I said you're reinforcing what I wrote.

But surely you are totally disregarding so many ills with the south. There's a reason the south is the nation's economic basket case.

It's a much larger area geographically. Plenty of poverty and plenty of wealth, sometimes right next to each other.

I tell people they are comfortable living in the Panhandle of Florida when they drive past an 800 sq ft home with a screen door hanging by one hinge and in the gravel driveway there's a F-250 hooked up to a 30' Grady White.......and it seems normal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom