No fans at NCAA men's or women's tournament [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

No fans at NCAA men's or women's tournament [merged thread]

Reaction Score
My sister just received a call from the airline company. Because of lack of customs they change her international fly from 3/26 to 3/27 (used to be one flight daily now is every other day). This may be a big problems for lot customers due to hotel, car rental and business appointments already.

Cannot believe this situation is so bad ...

Reaction Score
I'd rather see the NCAA do this than cancel. Of course they may end up doing that but for now at least the athletes will get to compete.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
30 Minutes into Sports Center with Stephen A Smith and all he's covered is what the NBA MIGHT Do and hasn't covered the NCAA Tournament Story which happened today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the Big 12 and Big 10 men's tournaments are barring fans now. The ACC tournament is playing with fans at the moment.... but I guess they will likely follow suit beginning tomorrow. Another blow for my city Head bang

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Since family members will be allowed in I have filed papers to adopt Anna. I know somewhere in my family tree there is some Eastern European blood in me. This will get me into all the games, air flights are empty with cheap fares. I still have some hotel points from last years AAC tournie.

Good luck to the rest of you.
Hmmm. Great idea. Prepare for a custody battle! ;)

Reaction Score
Geography shouldn’t be a factor in determining seeding for the women’s tournament then. Therefore, UConn should be in Ft. Wayne
[/QUOTE
I agree. The selection committee then can have a true S curve seeding.
But you know they won't. They will say the 350 mile limit is for the team travel and they should only have to pay bus costs and not plane costs. Then they will say the rule about regional teams from the same conference still applies. Face it, we are going to Portland but the Oregon fans will not be in the stands!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well the Big 12 and Big 10 men's tournaments are barring fans now. The ACC tournament is playing with fans at the moment.... but I guess they will likely follow suit beginning tomorrow. Another blow for my city Head bang
Do you think there's any option at this point, short of cancellation?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Any news on how this might affect the HS state tournaments like Paige's?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Ticketmaster (or whoever) getting to keep “applicable fees” is some bullfeces.

bs.gif

Reaction Score
I think that psychologically this is going give the favored teams a huge advantage. In many games where the fan watching a game where he or she is not committed the team will root for the underdog. However small it does give that team an emotional lift, sometimes to the point where they play beyond their capabilities. Sadly, this will not be in play during this tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do you think there's any option at this point, short of cancellation?

Not sure...... might go down to the Coliseum and see if I can find any BC fans and see if they want to give me their tickets.. just in case :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Just take the top 4 teams..play 2 consecutive days in Indiannoplis...and crown a champin.
A simple solution that would leave a rather hollow outcome but would protect many from potential exposure. I think that the tourney would be cancelled altogether rather than limit it to four teams.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The one time USC(west coast) would have a major advantage, no fans attending games, they cant make the tournament.
Oh wait, they never make the tournament, except 2014 when they lost on a last second 3 pointer to St. Johns at Rocky Top and I was there. Head bang

Reaction Score
Games won't be as fun to watch on TV without any crowd reactions. I'll watch the UConn games and their future potential opponents, but I don't know how many 1st or 2nd round games I'll watch. I think the Telecast are going to be boring.

I go back and forth on whether this is an overreaction but I guess in the long run its a good decision. Those susceptible to getting the Coronavirus will still get the virus but it does limit the number of people they will come in contact with.
I agree, the only excitement will be seeing the top teams go at it... basically sweet 16 & on... the only
real excitement with most first round games are the enthusiastic lively crowds but without it, it will be like watching an exhibition/scrimmage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom