triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
lucyball.gif

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Now there is no problem going to Portland :rolleyes:
For UConn there’s no problem because they will fly on the University’s charter plane to and from small regional airports. Many teams will fly through up to 3 public airports in each direction.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Games won't be as fun to watch on TV without any crowd reactions. I'll watch the UConn games and their future potential opponents, but I don't know how many 1st or 2nd round games I'll watch. I think the Telecast are going to be boring.

I go back and forth on whether this is an overreaction but I guess in the long run its a good decision. Those susceptible to getting the Coronavirus will still get the virus but it does limit the number of people they will come in contact with.

Reaction Score
This neutralized home court advantages. Could be a good thing for UConn since the ncaa committee would place UConn likely in Portland and. No. 2 seed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree. The selection committee then can have a true S curve seeding.
Others have disputed this, but the committee does care about the 350-mile threshold for reimbursement as ground travel. It's not only about fan attendance.

Reaction Score
I agree. The selection committee then can have a true S curve seeding.
I agree but with no revenue from ticket sales, seeding will still probably be influenced by geography. As a means to save costs

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
The NCAA had one choice -- no fans or no Tournament. This decision is in the best interests of the student athletes and the important virus mitigation efforts in place in most states. There may still be venue changes as the cost to turn on the lights at some of these arenas makes it a financial hardship to do so with no paid admissions to offset the cost. A lot of vendors will also lose anticipated income.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Others have disputed this, but the committee does care about the 350-mile threshold for reimbursement as ground travel. It's not only about fan attendance.
Well, UConn has a much longer and more costly flight to Portland than Louisville does.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
NBA should be next (in 24 hours I guess). Once one venue does this, all venues have to do this or be deemed irresponsible.

and now as a NYC dwellar with no car, my biggest fear is if they stop the subways :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
Does that apply for the first round games to be played on campus? That is going to lose a lot of money for the teams and the NCAA.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does that apply for the first round games to be played on campus? That is going to lose a lot of money for the teams and the NCAA.
Pretty clearly, yes.

Edit to add: I wonder what the split was between the NCAA and the host institutions on revenues from the campus-hosted rounds? Anyone know?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
NBA should be next (in 24 hours I guess). Once one venue does this, all venues have to do this or be deemed irresponsible.

and now as a NYC dwellar with no car, my biggest fear is if they stop the subways :eek::eek::eek:
As John Wayne said to Margaret O’Hara in The Quiet Man, a 5 mile walk is just, “A good stretch of the legs.” :oops:

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom