Nika out vs GA Tech | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nika out vs GA Tech

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That isn’t the point. This is exactly the ridiculous response I predicted to myself my post would get. Yes, Southern Utah is a pushover. The point is you develop all of your players. And, frankly, JR Payne is doing a helluva better job than Geno at developing and using players. Right now she has one WNBA first rounder surrounded by some very good players and a potential all star but she is using them to their full potential. Colorado demolished Marquette. I hope UConn does the same. And, no, I don’t think Colorado is an upper echelon team even after beating Stanford and losing to Arizona only because of atrocious foul shooting last year. Wait, didn’t those two teams play for the NC? So forget this Southern Utah crap.
You made a prediction to yourself and it came to be? JR Payne should be in line for a better job if she's doing a better job than Geno.
SMH even harder. I never heard of Southern Utah until you brought them up so maybe you should take your own advice and : "forget this Southern Utah crap."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well UCONN has been pretty lucky with injuries the past few years. Stuff always evens out. This must be our year to deal with this. At least, so far (knock on wood) no one has a season ending injury.

It would have been nice though if the injuries were spread out more. Instead of all at the same time.

Reaction Score
At this point, I would start Caroline and bring Dorka off the bench just due to foul prone issues are bigs have. I think we’ll see action from Mir these next few games as well pending how long Nika is out. Hopefully Azzi and Aubrey are back before Louisville.
Disagree
Maybe bring her in after a couple of minutes.
But first, let her hear the crowd and get a look at the opponent.
Get the drift of the game pace.
See what the other team opens with.
Just a couple of minutes , but not start.
JMHO

Reaction Score
Gee, who's the trainer on the team?!? I might look into getting someone else next year. Besides all these injuries, the team has looked slow and lethargic most of the year.

Reaction Score
in what way?
We already had no Paige, no Azzi, so the next assumption would be for Nika to pick up minutes at PG, perhaps even start. Now there’s no Nika. Will be interesting to see how the team does with presumably Evina at PG and no real backup. CW can run it but I see her as more of a wing, a power guard if you will. Her drives to the hoop are chefs kiss. I’m looking forward to see how cd and dorka do with considerable minutes. Also potentially mir.

Reaction Score
I previously stated elsewhere on this board that maybe Coach should “dumb it down a bit”.
Take the offense down to basic plays and just run them over and over and over...
I also blown away regarding the landslide of injuries.
Is Nika’s injury a reoccurrence of last years problem or is it something else?
Handful of games under their belts, and over a third of the roster is unavailable?
UCONN still has the talent in the remaining “ healthy?” players to win this week, but now I fully expect to see Piath and Amari get playing time.-NOW.
OR, Geno can grind up the remaining 7-8 players and we can watch the number of healthy bodies continue to shrink.
Play ‘em now, or be forced to play ‘em in a week.
Uneasy feeling about what’s going on here.
And it had nothing to do with wins and losses.
Kindly asking- who should dumb it diown ?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Gee, who's the trainer on the team?!? I might look into getting someone else next year. Besides all these injuries, the team has looked slow and lethargic most of the year.
They certainly wear enough wraps around their legs!

Reaction Score
seems like way too many injuries that apparently have been ongoing for weeks, is it time to consider what’s different this year
Love the medical staff. Injuries going back to March and the summer apparently were ignored or not dealt with properly. And now as team heads into conference play they come to roost.

Reaction Score
Why? Caroline can't play some SG?
She can but she may be needed for close to 40 at the 3 now with Evina playing the point. Caroline likely starts and we have no natural backup guards. Mir is the closest thing to being one and may have to be used there to spell all three wings.

It's either that or you have to use Edwards at the 3 which they may have to do some of as well. That's my guess, Caroline starts and plays over 30 minutes, and between them Mir and Aaliyah get all of the backup minutes for 1-3. The best of bad choices.

Reaction Score
Go find Saylor:p. I am sure she is still around campus going to class.
I know it's not going to happen (and I believe she's still injured any way) but I wonder whether she could be technically reinstated to play if both sides agreed.....

Reaction Score
are any of the men's practice players considering a sex change operation?..........I mean these are desperate times...............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Kindly asking- who should dumb it diown ?
The Coach.
Practice and formulate a basic, no frills game plan with standard , structured plays that can be easily be performed.
Slow down, use clock, run the plays, get a shot, rinse , repeat.
Miss the shot? GET THE REBOUND.
To get through this situation, will need be starting 2 bigs, can’t risk functioning guards getting in foul trouble.
Structure, structure, structure.
STOP THEM ON THEIR END.
Defense is focus, positioning, anticipation and DESIRE.
Get the rebound.
Nothing wrong with winning a couple of games ugly until this injury plague dissipates.
I hope he’s working with Amari and a Piath right now because they’re playing.
All, and I mean all hands on deck.

Reaction Score
I know it's not going to happen (and I believe she's still injured any way) but I wonder whether she could be technically reinstated to play if both sides agreed.....
you think Uconn would take a player who clearly said she didn't want to be there back? Lmao you don't know Geno.

Reaction Score
you mean Hudy? I mean her workouts definitely seem intense and hard but I never heard of any injury history of players in her prior stops.

Reaction Score
Why do we always need something, or someone to blame?

Trainers - Practice - Coaches - we could go on and on speculating.

Injuries are injuries are injuries. Individuals have different tolerances, bone structures, and genetics. Need for rest varies. For some too much rest causes an injury when activities resume; for others it's too little. Each of these players is different. I highly doubt there's one common denominator.

Reaction Score
:eek:So glad the stars aligned for Caroline to get more playing time (SMH). The NCAA has this things called rules regarding a walk on player or additions to the roster. Earliest a players can be added to the roster is the start of spring semester which is January 18th. This is UCONN WBB we are talking about so the chances of there being a players able to help the team even in practice being available is very slim.
I'll see if my daughter is available..............after all, if I remember correctly, she smoked Diamond Miller for six points in the quarterfinals of the Tournament of Champions a few years ago................I think Miller scored 30..........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
you think Uconn would take a player who clearly said she didn't want to be there back? Lmao you don't know Geno.
Who's Geno?.........I believe I started my sentence with "I know it's not going to happen"......it was a technical question......

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
As bad as the news is, its only Dec 8. We just need them to get healthy, and I mean really healthy before they come back. Big question mark with Paige, but Aubrey, Nika, and Azzi should be back within 3 or 4 weeks. If we can stay out of foul trouble, and the others play the way we know they can, we may be ready for March. I would really like to see Amari and Piath get some time on the court, who knows, maybe they will surprise us and Geno. One thing is for sure, a lot of games may be a little more interesting this year. As long as there are no more setback, we will be ok. As I said, its only Dec. 8.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom