Nika out vs GA Tech | The Boneyard

Nika out vs GA Tech

Reaction Score
1638986658137.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
At what point do they start looking at how they are practicing? Or what they are doing? Is it just bad luck? Are they being pushed too hard leading to injuries? Is it the shoes they are wearing? Azzi had a lingering foot injury before she got to UCONN, but now we have 3 others out.

I have no idea, but yikes. Maybe I'm just venting and being frustrated, but it sure seems like we have more injuries than almost all other teams out there. Poor kids - dropping like flies... I know no one is more frustrated than the players themselves (and the coaches too).

I hope this doesn't mean 35 minutes for Evina, Christyn, Olivia, ONO, Dorka and Caroline (I realize those #'s don't work out but am just making a point - that could spell even more injuries as kids tire out).

Regardless of who is "UCONN ready", I think he needs to start using the bench more. Maybe focus on just a few things for each player to work on and do well instead of not playing them because they aren't ready to do EVERYTHING he wants.

Reaction Score
So much for Nika starting in place of Paige. Either Caroline gets her 1st start, UConn goes big with Dorka or maybe Aubrey is good to go…..
I wouldn't count on Aubrey. No practice today. She wasn't so successful yesterday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I remember a while back we had a debate about the optimum number of players on the team............some said 10 or 11 max........right now it looks like 14 isn't enough.............:(
If 14 isn't enough, would 15 have been any better?

Reaction Score
Go find Saylor:p. I am sure she is still around campus going to class.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
At what point do they start looking at how they are practicing? Or what they are doing? Is it just bad luck? Are they being pushed too hard leading to injuries? Is it the shoes they are wearing? Azzi had a lingering foot injury before she got to UCONN, but now we have 3 others out.
As Mars Lee once said, it's gotta be the shoes.

Old School 90S GIF

Reaction Score
If 14 isn't enough, would 15 have been any better?
if she was a guard obviously yes............... if UConn runs into foul trouble at the guard position this week without Nika out , who's helping bring the ball up the court Dorka, Aaliyah or DeBerry? The irony is that those of us who complained about UConn's lack of height in recent years are now stuck with lots of height and not enough skilled smaller players...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
My impression is that Georgia Tech does not play 'fast'. That type of game may be of some help to us.
Playing a half-court game is a better choice right now than our [occasionally] run amuk fast breaks.

Nika ready to go for UCLA on Saturday?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom