New Yahoo article | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Yahoo article

Reaction Score
After all this is coming out I can't wait to see what UConn is getting investigated for. All these programs mentioned will probably skate and UConn will get sanctions for an assistant buying a recruit a hamburger.

I thought nothing could come close to aggravating me as much as the screwing we took in CR. if we are clean the APR vendetta and subsequent investigation comes close. What does Walter Harrison have to say?

Reaction Score
Unless the NCAA can show proof that any coaches/programs knew about this nothing will happen. Most schools already issued statements that they have no relationship with ASM.

Miles Bridges, Wendall Carter and Sexton will finish the year and go pro. This is part of the FBI findings. NCAA will have to do their own investigation and that will take 2 years. It would be up to the schools if they want to keep players out or risk sanctions later if they are found to be complicit.

Reaction Score
This has been going on for awhile and the NCAA has turned a blind eye to it. Jay Williams gave Kevin Love money. Myron Piggie gave Corey Maggette money. Cam Newton got money. The NCAA did nothing in all 3 cases.
Your right. But things changed when the FBI got involved.

Reaction Score
Chill was a Washington employee then. No hit on Uconn other than having to broom Chill which should be inevitable in the house cleaning that should come as soon as we are dumped from AAC tourney.
We're still under investigation, though. So even if Chillious didn't break the rules here it won't look good that he's on the staff if another assistant or KO directly broke the rules

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kasongo?

We all laugh and laugh and laugh at Kasongo. Yet, in light of all that goes on in the underworld of MCBB, he might be the smartest guy in the room.

Knew he wasn't getting high major money going in, so he games the system by committing and decommitting to end up with payments adding up to that high major payout. I see you Kasongo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not buying the apocalyptic spin some are putting on this. This is not as big a story as some think and it's not going to cause seismic change. Current players who are involved will be ruled ineligible (the NCAA doesn't have a choice there) and maybe a school or two get a postseason ban. More forfeited wins (who cares?), schools and coaches will feign ignorance, and there will be a series of empty statements expressing sorrow and regret from all parties.

The NCAA is not going to destroy Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, and Michigan State. It's the NCAA; this is about money, it always has been and it always will be. You don't cut the head off your cash cow. As usual, they'll make up the rules and punishment as they go and will save their most important assets.
True, but as noted above, they aren't the only player here. The FBI is a game changer on this.

Reaction Score
Because the fbi is totally the bastillion of morals, ethics and justice.
It has nothing to do with that. It means it is no longer internet rumors or keystone cops ncaa investigators. It is now being investigated by folks who can get warrants, compel testimony, send people to prison...that is much more serious and brings much brighter lights on the issue than vacating wins. And it will force the NCAA to make some changes just like the 1950s gambling scandal did and the indictments of guys like Bond and Clemens did in baseball. Everyone turned a blind eye to steroid use for a long while. Now the rules literally and figuratively have changed. That is where this is headed with college basketball too I think. It might take a few years and a few ore indictments for things to play out but eventually there will be changes

Reaction Score
UConn winner of 100% of NC's in the last 10 years. Who's the blue blood?

Future NCAA record book list of champions:
2017 Vacated
2016 Vacated
2015 Vacated
2014 Connecticut (32-8) Kevin Ollie 60-54 Kentucky Arlington, Texas
2013 Vacated
2012 Vacated
2011 Connecticut (32-9) Jim Calhoun 53-41 Butler Houston, Texas
2010 Vacated
2009 Vacated
2008 Vacated

Lol, well lets not count our tunas before they are hatched.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My biggest concern with all of this is that Kevin Ollie will be revealed as the only clean coach in the country and we'll be forced to keep him as a result.
Wonderful
UConn comes clean but folks out there are really hoping that KO wasn't, so it would have caused damage to the school so they can get rid of him
Just wonderful

Reaction Score
Did yall really want Diamond Stone that much? I mean I get he was a good player n all but didnt he get a stupidly low score on his SAT and have really bad grades? I dont really remember the full story of it all but I do remember something along those lines and thinking, well he does belong at Maryland lol.

Reaction Score
Did yall really want Diamond Stone that much? I mean I get he was a good player n all but didnt he get a stupidly low score on his SAT and have really bad grades? I dont really remember the full story of it all but I do remember something along those lines and thinking, well he does belong at Maryland lol.

Everyone wanted Diamond Stone. He was a top 10 player. Why does his SAT score matter? Why would he belong at Maryland? UMD and UCONN have similar academic reputations. Plus, they aren't playing school. Other than that, spot on.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
This part of the investigation doesn't show that coaches/schools were complicit with paymewnts by ASM. However, other potion of the investigation may have already, ala Louisvile. Still, all the FBI will have to do is follow the money. If kids are getting money, they'll find out where it came from eventually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom