New Yahoo article | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New Yahoo article

Reaction Score
How the NCAA magically already cleared miles bridges is a joke.

They have the Dude nailed and yet he’s gonna be allowed to play?

NCAA hasn't cleared anyone, nor have they began looking into anyone. It's been stated that the schools have looked into allegations on their own and are confident there's nothing ruling anyone ineligible. won't do them any good unless the FBI turns over all paperwork to the NCAA when they complete their federal investigations.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
NCAA hasn't cleared anyone, nor have they began looking into anyone. It's been stated that the schools have looked into allegations on their own and are confident there's nothing ruling anyone ineligible. won't do them any good unless the FBI turns over all paperwork to the NCAA when they complete their federal investigations.

Bridges, Metu, Knox ruled eligible amid probe

Reaction Score
Chief, what does this mean?
1) Emmert used the term moving forward two or three times. One time he prefaced it by saying “of course”. Interesting, this is the same guy who was thrilled with retroactive APR sanctions, which were designed to take out one school - UConn. So those who say the schools involved will be fine are generally correct.
2) This is NOT a good year to go into the NBA draft. Guys involved - known and unknown thus far - will be jumping ship.
The schools not named should sue Emmert for selectively applying rules. God forbid we ssnction a Blueblood program or coach.
Any penalty they hand out after this should be appealed.

Reaction Score
University's did their own probing. MSU turned their "findings" into the NCAA. Like I said above, when/if the FBI evidence is turned over to the NCAA following the federal case, there will be more dominos to fall.
Yeah they can't just start suspending players over a media report that hasn't been verified.

C

Chief00

On one level, I was surprise Emmert didn’t just say the FBI has investigative powers we don’t have like the ability to get wire taps, supeona documents and search warrants. They can also send people to jail.
But, Emmert did not say that - he seems to be taking more the tact- well we can’t interfere with the FBI investigation and it’s just a small number of people/schools in question.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
After all this is coming out I can't wait to see what UConn is getting investigated for. All these programs mentioned will probably skate and UConn will get sanctions for an assistant buying a recruit a hamburger.
Well, we all know the deal. "All-Big time basketball programs are equal, but some Big time basketball programs are more equal than others". Mark Emmert Orwell.

Reaction Score
On one level, I was surprise Emmert didn’t just say the FBI has investigative powers we don’t have like the ability to get wire taps, supeona documents and search warrants. They can also send people to jail.
But, Emmert did not say that - he seems to be taking more the tact- well we can’t interfere with the FBI investigation and it’s just a small number of people/schools in question.

I kinda thought that's the direction he'd take too. So far, most big name schools, Kentucky, Duke, MSU have said they conducted investigations (be it only a few hours worth), and have been in contact with the NCAA and our players are cleared. But what they don't have are access to wiretaps, bank statements, supenas, etc...most likely the "internal investigations" consisted of interviewing students and their families. He said she said, as your seeing with Ayton's family.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The NCAA doesn’t have any evidence against these kids. So why would you kill your season by suspending them?

Status quo until the FBI drops the hammer.

Reaction Score
I think the BLASE(blaze 2.0) approach by the coaches is a real head scratcher. And the sudden stiffening of backbone from Miller,and boeheim claiming this has been here forever, and self all but saying he actively does this, and K blowing off the smallest issue, Avery is still a small fish in a football conference with cal, who..... those puppy dog eyes. The feds aren’t buying any of it. And wow Mark Emmert, not to pile on, but lay off the plastic surgery or make up dude. What a weird guy!!!creeper.

C

Chief00

I think the BLASE(blaze 2.0) approach by the coaches is a real head scratcher. And the sudden stiffening of backbone from Miller,and boeheim claiming this has been here forever, and self all but saying he actively does this, and K blowing off the smallest issue, Avery is still a small fish in a football conference with cal, who..... those puppy dog eyes. The feds aren’t buying any of it. And wow Mark Emmert, not to pile on, but lay off the plastic surgery or make up dude. What a weird guy!!!creeper.

@ UNC - Essentially, this is a parallel Student Loan Program. ALL students have access to various student loan programs. What’s there to see? The Federal Governmemt has various student loan balance forgiveness programs, this program also has that loan feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
@ UNC - Essentially, this is a parallel Student Loan Program. ALL students have access to various student loan programs. What’s there to see? The Federal Governmemt has various student loan balance forgiveness programs, this program also has that loan feature.
That may be worse in the eyes of the fed with no accountable dime back to them.

Reaction Score
I remember hearing from a buddy who has a buddy (yeah I know) that the UCOnn staff thought they had Stone and then lost him because they weren't willing to "play the game" - which is why I'm surprised we are under our own NCAA review.

No shock that Stone is on that list.

Reaction Score
I remember hearing from a buddy who has a buddy (yeah I know) that the UCOnn staff thought they had Stone and then lost him because they weren't willing to "play the game" - which is why I'm surprised we are under our own NCAA review.

No shock that Stone is on that list.
I recently heard the same thing.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There’s potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools.

The documents link some of the sport’s biggest current stars – Michigan State’s Miles Bridges, Alabama’s Collin Sexton and Duke’s Wendell Carter – to specific potential extra benefits for either the athletes or their family members. The amounts tied to players in the case range from basic meals to tens of thousands of dollars.

A decent amount of players uconn when after that went on to other schools are listed
And quite possibly WHY they went.

Reaction Score
I kinda thought that's the direction he'd take too. So far, most big name schools, Kentucky, Duke, MSU have said they conducted investigations (be it only a few hours worth), and have been in contact with the NCAA and our players are cleared. But what they don't have are access to wiretaps, bank statements, supenas, etc...most likely the "internal investigations" consisted of interviewing students and their families. He said she said, as your seeing with Ayton's family.
Right, I dont understand any possible way for schools to get out of something like this. Its not like the list of all those payments is just fake. This could get very, very, interesting.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I have a friend who is a baseball agent who spoke with the FBI.

He said to know this and report it would require witness protection.
Now your talking. That particular reference, if accurate, is starting to get to the real nitty gritty. If that is what is involved and it would not at all surprise me, it really is only the beginning.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The NCAA will not be allowed to "go after" any aspect of the Feds case. They should however line up their own legal team because they will have a lot to answer to.
Well said. A lot to answer for indeed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Somewhere near Chapel Hill, a UNC lawyer smiles and cuts and pastes this post for future reference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom