New Yahoo article | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New Yahoo article

Reaction Score
Next chapter...

This is like the Gang that Couldn’t Shoot Straight.

C

Chief00

Only one of those is stupid trivia.

- The retroactive APR

The rest
The phone calls. Well Kelvin Sampson got a five year show cause for phone calls. So its not like that was applied arbitrarily
Getting a kid surgery. That is just wrong. Even if altruistic (and its not), it is akin to a straight cash benefit
Ricky and Kirk flights. Again. Accepting something of monetary value from someone is against the rules. They were straight guilty.

Yeah, that’s terrible wanting to see your family.

C

Chief00

I thought nothing could come close to aggravating me as much as the screwing we took in CR. if we are clean the APR vendetta and subsequent investigation comes close. What does Walter Harrison have to say?
Walter Harrison is a nice , respectful gentleman. But, he is totally out of touch from today’s realities.

C

Chief00

It will be interesting to see if there actually is a distinction between giving players cash and “loaning” them money and not getting paid back. Of course, it’s all a sham but let’s see how it plays out. Chief reads the nuances. This blew over that Fairfield dudes head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This is pretty shocking to write but it looks like Texas has more integrity than most other schools.

Reaction Score
This is pretty shocking to write but it looks like Texas has more integrity than most other schools.

Arizona has a decision to make. If scummy Louisville did something for the first time (after all the Jurich scandals, rehiring Petrino, Pitino and the hookers, not to mention the spaghetti incident), then Arizona surely wants to present itself as above a community college in northern Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Did yall really want Diamond Stone that much? I mean I get he was a good player n all but didnt he get a stupidly low score on his SAT and have really bad grades? I dont really remember the full story of it all but I do remember something along those lines and thinking, well he does belong at Maryland lol.

Not getting Diamond Stone really hurt he program. With him we are a final four team, without him we need the Adams miracle shot just to make the NCAA. He may be the most important miss in the last decade.

Reaction Score
I remember hearing from a buddy who has a buddy (yeah I know) that the UCOnn staff thought they had Stone and then lost him because they weren't willing to "play the game" - which is why I'm surprised we are under our own NCAA review......

No shock that Stone is on that list.

C

Chief00

Chief, what does this mean?
1) Emmert used the term moving forward two or three times. One time he prefaced it by saying “of course”. Interesting, this is the same guy who was thrilled with retroactive APR sanctions, which were designed to take out one school - UConn. So those who say the schools involved will be fine are generally correct.
2) This is NOT a good year to go into the NBA draft. Guys involved - known and unknown thus far - will be jumping ship.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not getting Diamond Stone really hurt he program. With him we are a final four team, without him we need the Adams miracle shot just to make the NCAA. He may be the most important miss in the last decade.

Stone wasn't that great that year. He was good, but we're not talking Jr Emeka Okafor here. That team would have been sweet sixteen, outside shot at E8. The problem was at guard.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
How the NCAA magically already cleared miles bridges is a joke.

They have the Dude nailed and yet he’s gonna be allowed to play?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom