New UCONN logo. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New UCONN logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quick and dirty mockup
newlogohelmet1.jpg

Reaction Score
Nine days from now quick and dirty mockup will have a whole new meaning for you. :cool:

I still can't believe you didn't do your research on when the spring game was going to be this year before you set "the date".

If you tell me you knew the game was on April 20th and you set the date anyways, well...don't even want to go there.

Quick and dirty mockup
newlogohelmet1.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jesus I knew I had seen the new logo before. Commenter on Deadspin realized it's the AHL Nordiques logo.

Reaction Score
Honestly that looks ridiculous. Just go back to the 90's and put UConn on the helmets rather than that.

Word is they're ditching the block "C", so it's either that logo or the UCONN wordmark on the helmets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Word is they're ditching the block "C", so it's either that logo or the UCONN wordmark on the helmets.

I'm 40 so I know they don't care what I think but that 'dog' on the helmet would look ridiculous. UConn on the helmet looks like the A-10.

Reaction Score
Still liked that Husky dog helmet that circulated thru here a few months ago. That was classy.

new aac logo 1 small.jpg

Reaction Score
Honestly that looks ridiculous. Just go back to the 90's and put UConn on the helmets rather than that.

Yeah, whoever put that helmet did a not so good job.. Just an awful concept (if it was you Santini, no disrespect bro, just my opinion on the helmet... You do a heckuva job providing all the cool youtube vids... much appreciated)... It wouldn't surprise me if we went back to 'UCONN' on the helmets or maybe a profile view of a husky ( with an attacking slanted look to it ) that hasn't been made public yet... Hopefully we will know all in a week....

Reaction Score
Informal and formal brands??? That's making things way too confusing. People will still call us connecticut but our brand is UCONN. Perhaps Alabama doesn't use Bama but how about CAL, UCLA, USC, UMASS, UNC, LSU, PITT, Penn, SMU, VCU, etc? All solid recognizable brands.

How about MIT? Seriously, do they lose any prestige by not saying the full "Massachusetts Institute of Technology???"

duck no.

Reaction Score
I love our current blue helmets and hope they don't change them. Which means they will. I agree that the UCONN wordmark is a step back toward the Yankee Conference, and our new Husky on a white helmet just sucks IMHO.

Reaction Score
Yeah, whoever put that helmet did a not so good job.. Just an awful concept (if it was you Santini, no disrespect bro, just my opinion on the helmet... You do a heckuva job providing all the cool youtube vids... much appreciated)... It wouldn't surprise me if we went back to 'UCONN' on the helmets or maybe a profile view of a husky ( with an attacking slanted look to it ) that hasn't been made public yet... Hopefully we will know all in a week....

I am hoping they do a couple different helmets, one with UCONN on it in the new font, and then an alternate one with the Husky on it, and if one of them sucks they will just use the other one more. I think Oregon State got 3 helmets out of this deal. Cal and UGA have tradition-rich helmet logos so they stayed the same. I think/hope we will go the OSU route. If you don't have tradition, you should have variety. Kids like options.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am hoping they do a couple different helmets, one with UCONN on it in the new font, and then an alternate one with the Husky on it, and if one of them sucks they will just use the other one more. I think Oregon State got 3 helmets out of this deal. Cal and UGA have tradition-rich helmet logos so they stayed the same. I think/hope we will go the OSU route. If you don't have tradition, you should have variety. Kids like options.

I think you can all but guarantee multiple helmet looks.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Well, this is disappointing. Nothing like ignoring 75 years of tradition in order not to offend the catoon characters at Nike. Jeesh, did anyone bother to look at every previous version of the Husky? Every previous Jonathan since 1935? All this advertizing babble about branding and they replace the one factor that has been consistent for 75 years and has differntiated the UConn Husky from Northeastern and Washington and St Cloud State and Southern Maine and, every other husky mascot in the country. They decided that they would not use a white husky, but rather a more typical one. Geniuses. So now we can be utterly indistinguishable from every other one out there. Brilliant! Yet another contribution to my theory that UConn's leadership doesn't give a damn about athletics. if they could play D3 and get away with it, they'd be perfectly happy to do so.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well, this is disappointing. Nothing like ignoring 75 years of tradition in order not to offend the catoon characters at Nike. Jeesh, did anyone bother to look at every previous version of the Husky? Every previous Jonathan since 1935? All this advertizing babble about branding and they replace the one factor that has been consistent for 75 years and has differntiated the UConn Husky from Northeastern and Washington and St Cloud State and Southern Maine and, every other husky mascot in the country. They decided that they would not use a white husky, but rather a more typical one. Geniuses. So now we can be utterly indistinguishable from every other one out there. Brilliant! Yet another contribution to my theory that UConn's leadership doesn't give a damn about athletics. if they could play D3 and get away with it, they'd be perfectly happy to do so.
So basically you are claiming that in re-branding, to use a basketball analogy we ignored what was an absolute part of the UConn family with considerable potential and a track record that gave valid reason to believe it would succeed in favor of a hot young outsider who has had some recent success but nobody will know until many years down the road if it is actually better than what we had.

Reaction Score

+1000000

Santini did good work with it... but it looks just as bad as a helmet logo as I thought it would.

Keep the block C it works as a part of the font in the word-mark, spelling UConn will look silly and very (as noted) A-10-ish. Spell UCONN on the front of the jersey put the dog on the shoulders and the hip of the pants, just not on the helmets (or the caps of the baseball team for that matter).

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
+1000000

Santini did good work with it... but it looks just as bad as a helmet logo as I thought it would.

Keep the block C it works as a part of the font in the word-mark, spelling UConn will look silly and very (as noted) A-10-ish.

LSU, UNC, UCLA, CAL dont look "A-10ish"

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Which helmets did UCLA wear when they were in the A-10? I forget...
Huh? He said having script on the helmet looked A-10. Thats what i was responding to. Not sure what you're saying.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Huh? He said having script on the helmet looked A-10. Thats what i was responding to. Not sure what you're saying.

Isn't that what we wore in the A10?

I don't think it was an observation but more that, that is actually what we wore as an A10 team.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Isn't that what we wore in the A10?

I don't think it was an observation but more that, that is actually what we wore as an A10 team.
Could be but my point still stands. You can be big time and use the script helmet as evidenced by the schools I mentioned.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'm saying that putting UCONN on the helmets would look like the A-10 because that is exactly what was on the helmets when they were in the Yankee Conf and A-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom