New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

Reaction Score
100%

Which is why I'd be for going to the triple option, even though I detest it. If you're gonna run...run
Mike Leach said that the wishbone offense is one of the most well designed offenses of all time. He doesn't believe in balance. You either pass all the time or run the ball all the time. With the success of WSU and say, Navy, it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not saying run the wishbone, but if you want to go run heavy, then be run heavy for real.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
How the game has changed - there were only 6 coaches including a Freshman coach.

That's casual fan info.

Lurker knows three of those coaches went on to be NFL head coaches:

Rick Forzano- Lions
Sam Rutigliano- Browns
Lou- Jets

C

Chief00

That's casual fan info.

Lurker knows three of those coaches went on to be NFL head coaches:

Rick Forzano- Lions
Sam Rutigliano- Browns
Lou- Jets

That goes without saying Chief thought.

Reaction Score
I think the guy Diaco brought in did good work. Foley Fatukasi and Richard Levy changed their bodies in one off season. I felt we were strong on lines with him. I agree with you though, it's an underappreciated position that makes a difference in games.

Maybe they just need more vitamin D in their diet.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
True, but the trajectory was ultimately to Towson. It is what it is. He was part of Randy’s crew, who lost at Maryland and he got downsized to Towson.
Bottomline, we have the fired MD Head Coach and two fired assistants, who are now our Head Coach, OC & DC.
There are different ways to characterize trajectory...

Lyndon coached a few different things at UConn, most notable outside linebackers... he was the only coach to follow Randy to Maryland, a good career move. He added special teams coordinator and assistant head coach titles along the way there. Impacted when Randy got fired, Lyndon kept his family in Maryland by taking the Towson job. He was running backs coach and recruiting cooridinotor before becoming the defensive coordinator there... but the trajectory is always growing responsibilities. He wouldn't be uprooting his family and leaving Towson for anywhere else but home.

C

Chief00

Lyndon coached a few different things at UConn, most notable outside linebackers... he was the only coach to follow Randy to Maryland, a good career move. He added special teams coordinator and assistant head coach titles along the way there. Impacted when Randy got fired, Lyndon kept his family in Maryland by taking the Towson job. He was running backs coach and recruiting cooridinotor before becoming the defensive coordinator there... but the trajectory is always growing responsibilities. He wouldn't be uprooting his family and leaving Towson for anywhere else but home.

If the BY is to be believed family not coaching opportunity drives the coaching carousel. If true, perhaps this is a healthy development but it’s not the World Chief has seen up close for many years.

Reaction Score

Bingo that’s exactly what happened. Lyndon took a job 30 minutes from his house. He had plenty of offers that he had turned down to stay where he was.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
... and if ya notice, the jobs were initially posted on 12/12 and the DC job reposted yesterday. Crocker/Cox etal were whacked on the 21st.
So they were fired from Towson or they were told well in advance and let Towson know they would be leaving. Guessing 2nd choice.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
... and if ya notice, the jobs were initially posted on 12/12 and the DC job reposted yesterday. Crocker/Cox etal were whacked on the 21st.

It’s possible edsall gave them advanced notice, but you wouldn’t think they’d tell Towson they were leaving unless they were a sure thing to UConn and had signed a contract. Given that, my guess is that they were let go

Reaction Score
Interested in hearing what names we can come up with. My only rules are that you only list realistic options and that it has to be someone who we know runs a 4-3

Frankly, I barely care who it is. "4-3" alone is music to my ears. Tired of watching these pseudo-innovative, "bend don't break" defenses that literally allow other teams to outscore us practically by design.

Reaction Score
That's a good catch. Should we be hiring fired FCS coaches? Personally, I like the track record of both guys while they were here. Both have proven they can work for Edsall which probably isn't the easiest thing to do.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's a good catch. Should we hiring fired FCS coaches? Personally, I like the track record of both guys while they were here. Both have proven they can work for Edsall which probably isn't the easiest thing to do.

It seems to be a near impossible task lol

Reaction Score
That's a good catch. Should we hiring fired FCS coaches? Personally, I like the track record of both guys while they were here. Both have proven they can work for Edsall which probably isn't the easiest thing to do.

As noted earlier in thread - I (personally) wouldn’t lose sleep if they were coming based on what you point out above but I’m not convinced that they are headed here..

Reaction Score
As noted earlier in thread - I (personally) wouldn’t lose sleep if they were coming based on what you point out above but I’m not convinced that they are headed here..
Agree 100%

Reaction Score
I can see Lyndon coming here in a lower capacity than DC. His recruiting ability would be a nice piece alone to add to our staff

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Yeah I think I agree. Maybe more likely that Latakos comes to coach DBs than Johnson as DC

Reaction Score
Whoever the hire ends up being, I guarantee it’ll be underwhelming and cause plenty of consternation.
Actually, no. By this point I think we all care ... but we don't care that much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom