New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

Reaction Score
I really don't know why they wouldn't rehire Diaco.

Think about it, Broyles Award winning DC, HC experience, DC at Nebraska. How could you go wrong. Plus, Randy wouldn't let him touch a game management call and would basically control the defense anyway.

How could we pass up on this chance. I mean, he'd bring some female fans back into the fold as well.

Oh wait....I just realized why he wouldn't work.....he's bat *'*t crazy, can't recruit FBS players, and had a horrific defense at Nebraska with high level FBS talent.

Guess he's a hard pass??

:D:D

He's already on payroll also. So UConn wouldn't have to pay him again, would they?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'll take promising NFL assistants. Being a path to a shot at the NFL for unheralded recruits is about the only thing the program has to sell at the moment.

Reaction Score
I found a guy that might be a guy that we could potentially see as DC.. He worked under Edsall before @ Maryland. Brian Stewart... currently coaches DB's with the Detroit Lions:

Brian Stewart

Just seems to be a make sense move if it is this guy....
Nice find Ktuck!

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I found a guy that might be a guy that we could potentially see as DC.. He worked under Edsall before @ Maryland. Brian Stewart... currently coaches DB's with the Detroit Lions:

Brian Stewart

Just seems to be a make sense move if it is this guy....
I love it. Probably has recruiting ties in TX, too!

Reaction Score
No problem if it’s Stewart. Some solid experience there. Wouldn’t have an issue if it’s Johnson either.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Likes to move around it seems. Maybe he’s ready to put down some roots. This program needs some stability.

I kinda hope it's someone new...not one of his cronies. Someone who might push back on him.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Towson was 67th in total defense in the FCS last year. They were 109th out of 124 in red zone defense.

I mean, Crocker was really good at Nova and a disaster at UConn, so god knows there's no direct translation from one level to the next. There are a million variables and one season is a small sample size. But the 2018 snapshot makes me feel ... cautious.

C

Chief00

Thats pretty damning.

Lyndon was a good recruiter during RE1.0 but often there is an age expiration on recruiting unless it’s an iconic coach or someone very gifted. He’s a very good dude and I think a decent coach. He won’t tolerate the sad tackle attempts we have seen.
Having said that, his trajectory was UConn to Towson State. So this is another opportunity for those who worship to the under the radar Gods to have their day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom