New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

Reaction Score
You are all wrong. It is not Lyndon Johnson. You heard it here first. FHCPP is the choice. Near retirement, connections with HCRE2.0, lives in South Windsor, undisputed defensive genius, his NFL connections a big recruiting selling point, daughter Cami scored 11 for East Catholic last night, wants to see more of his family, wants to put the situation he left right. Actually an inspired choice.

No, I have no inside information. Just guessing after reading the JI this morning about the East Catholic girls game.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You are all wrong. It is not Lyndon Johnson. You heard it here first. FHCPP is the choice. Near retirement, connections with HCRE2.0, lives in South Windsor, undisputed defensive genius, his NFL connections a big recruiting selling point, daughter Cami scored 11 for East Catholic last night, wants to see more of his family, wants to put the situation he left right. Actually an inspired choice.

No, I have no inside information. Just guessing after reading the JI this morning about the East Catholic girls game.

So the current DC of the Detroit Lions is going to quit that job and come to UConn in the same position?

I did immediately look at the staff of the Lions, which is why I suggested Golden, who knows east coast college recruiting from Miami and Temple and is their LB coach. But even that is a stretch.

Reaction Score
So the current DC of the Detroit Lions is going to quit that job and come to UConn in the same position?

I did immediately look at the staff of the Lions, which is why I suggested Golden, who knows east coast college recruiting from Miami and Temple and is their LB coach. But even that is a stretch.
Sounds crazy, doesn't it? But when you get close to retirement, other things become more important. Such as family.

Reaction Score

Might as well get rid of Wholley and have Diaco come back as LB's coach, while we're at it. If PP is allowed to come back here then Im not watching next year

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That isn’t a ringing endorsement.

Lol that was my exact thought. Especially Texas Tech--a notoriously bad defense. They couldn't win with Mahomes throwing for like 600 YPG

Reaction Score
Big Ten DC is a challenge for the Maine guy. But here’s the other thing:

“Harasymiak presumably will receive a pay increase with the Gophers. The Bangor (Maine) Daily News reported that he made $153,000 this season, the lowest salary for a head coach in the CAA. The average salary for CAA coaches, according to the report, was $360,000 this year. Salaries for Gophers assistants in 2018, according to USA Today’s database, ranged from $210,000 to $710,000.”
$153k probably went along way up in Maine

Reaction Score
A little underwhelming, but at least our D would be improved

It couldn't get any worse!! Heck, I think I could be better and I'd have to read 'Coaching Football For Dummies' to coach the defense... :)

Reaction Score
A little underwhelming, but at least our D would be improved
You have to think in terms of what works for Edsall. He's a bend but don't break type of coach as is Hughes.

Reaction Score
No doubt! In exchange for likely a 50% or more compensation bump and higher cost-of-living, UM offers more career upside potential and a great city (or twins) vs Orono. Advantage: B1G, Minneapolis, & K-whatever surname guy.

Reaction Score
I’m going with Hank Hughes
"What are Things that make you go hmmmmm?" for $500 Alex. Granted Todd Orlando's abilities played some role, but recollections of HCRE1.0 demoting Hughes from DC to assistant-of-whatever in 2005 and Hughes' Nebraska 2016 firing for both poor recruiting and dubious coaching may create reasonable questions.

Reaction Score

A really nice house (not a mansion on the water) in a town with good schools (Orono, Bangor, Hampden) will cost around $250K to $300K in and around U Maine. Most thinsg will cost lower in Maine except for home heating and state taxes (the top income bracket in Maine is 7.15% and that bracket hits at $50K per year).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Still no news on this? Wasn’t this set to expire tomorrow?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom