New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 14 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The egos would be huge for UConn. Though I think Schiano would do a wonderful job at DC. My guess he ends up back in the NFL

Reaction Score
AP - Storrs, CT.

Meh McMediocreson will be named new Defensive Coordinator at the University of Connecticut. He will reportedly make $30,000/yr. His sterling resume includes leading ITT Tech to a 2011 top 500 defense in the prestigious tech trade company football conference, creating one takeaway during his 5 year stint as DC, and running a northeast friendly 2-1-3-2-3 prevent defense.

"I'm excited to get this opportunity," McMediocreson said. "The days of UConn giving up touchdowns on the first play from scrimmage are over. My prevent defense will ensure it will take at least 2 plays. And if I have to sneak a few cones or tackling dummies on the field, I will do it."

In an unrelated item, UConn also announced the hiring of a new Tiddly Winks coach who will make a reported $5M/yr and construction on a new on-campus quidditch facility will begin immediately. Estimated cost of the quidditch facility is around $1B.

"It's important for the UConn brand to continue to fund all non-football sports at absurd levels," AD David Benedict said. "The less money we devote to football, the more often UConn Nation can enjoy iconic moments in our program like our coaching staff collapsing to the field in exhaustion and complete bewilderment after barely beating our FCS rivals."

AAC Tiddly Winks chairperson was unavailable for comment.

ITT TECH? I thought it was New Horizons Computer School...

Reaction Score
I say let him. The big boy programs do, so should we. Stop acting small time
No, if someone wants to major in underwater basket weaving, they can go to another university. When I look at UConn grads, I want them to know how to spell CAT...

Reaction Score
No, if someone wants to major in underwater basket weaving, they can go to another university. When I look at UConn grads, I want them to know how to spell CAT...
So you'd rather watch and inferior product so that you can brag about test scores and graduation rates?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Or does she?

Kitty gets a like from me every time! Who asks the important questions more than kitty??? Nobody...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well hopefully we see an announcement today and the sooner, the better.

Reaction Score
So the general consensus at this time is Keith Dudzinski?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So the general consensus at this time is Keith Dudzinski?

Yes, consensus is that its either Dudzinski, Stewart or a true newbie (newbie to Edsall).

Reaction Score
Surprise name to watch: Mark Maciejewski, HC at Shippensburg University

"Maciejewski’s coaching background is on defense. The Red Raiders have totaled 53 All-PSAC defensive selections in Maciejewski’s 12 seasons as SU’s head coach, associate head coach or defensive coordinator.

His coaching expertise is the secondary. With Maciejewski on the sidelines, Shippensburg has totaled 20 All-PSAC selections from the defensive backfield – including at least one first-team honoree from 2003-09.

Maciejewski was instrumental in the recruitment and mentorship of current Tampa Bay Buccaneer defensive back Brent Grimes, who finished his career as the PSAC’s all-time leader in interceptions with 27. Grimes, a three-time college All-American and one of two Red Raiders active in the National Football League (NFL), has been selected to three Pro Bowls"

Coach Edsall and Coach Maciejewski follow each other on twitter

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Reaction Score

"Maciejewski’s coaching background is on defense. The Red Raiders have totaled 53 All-PSAC defensive selections in Maciejewski’s 12 seasons as SU’s head coach, associate head coach or defensive coordinator.

His coaching expertise is the secondary. With Maciejewski on the sidelines, Shippensburg has totaled 20 All-PSAC selections from the defensive backfield – including at least one first-team honoree from 2003-09.

Maciejewski was instrumental in the recruitment and mentorship of current Tampa Bay Buccaneer defensive back Brent Grimes, who finished his career as the PSAC’s all-time leader in interceptions with 27. Grimes, a three-time college All-American and one of two Red Raiders active in the National Football League (NFL), has been selected to three Pro Bowls"

You know, I was thinking this, but, honestly, I think the entire UConn Football fanbase might really be pissed if it happened... We're looking for a "splash" move or at least a re-tread...
This guy kinda reminds me of Edsall 1.0, but at the DII level... took over a program and made it his own over a the last 10 plus years. He just seems entrenched there. Wouldn't make sense for him to leave with his roots firmly planted...Why would he want to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle at a FBS program still trying to find it's footing after taking a downward turn once their Fiesta Bowl run ended in 2011?
I respectfully decline. Let him keep his roots planted where he is and build a powerhouse there...

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

That would be a bold choice, but yes I have noticed the twitter follows.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You know, I was thinking this, but, honestly, I think the entire UConn Football fanbase might really be pissed if it happened... We're looking for a "splash" move or at least a re-tread...

Bad news for the ten of us- we're broke

Reaction Score
This guy kinda reminds me of Edsall 1.0, but at the DII level... took over a program and made it his own over a the last 10 plus years. He just seems entrenched there. Wouldn't make sense for him to leave with his roots firmly planted...Why would he want to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle at a FBS program still trying to find it's footing after taking a downward turn once their Fiesta Bowl run ended in 2011?
I respectfully decline. Let him keep his roots planted where he is and build a powerhouse there...

I'm a Rams fan but I would love to see Jeff Fisher bite the bullet and taking over our defense. He does have an eye for talent so I think recruiting wouldn't be a problem, he is a defensive guy at heart and he could use us a way to get his name back into HC discussions. Say what you want about "Mr. 7-9" if he can turnaround our defense he will be in line for a HC job.

Reaction Score
I'm a Rams fan but I would love to see Jeff Fisher bite the bullet and taking over our defense. He does have an eye for talent so I think recruiting wouldn't be a problem, he is a defensive guy at heart and he could use us a way to get his name back into HC discussions. Say what you want about "Mr. 7-9" if he can turnaround our defense he will be in line for a HC job.
Yet another wet dream...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom