New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 12 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's right about the time the championship game between Clemson and Alabama finishes up.

Would be so awesome if one of the assistants from either team hopped on a midnight flight to Hartford to be announced as the DC on Tuesday.

Saban?

I can already see it now. Randy hires Nick Saban and then micromanages Saban's defense and doesn't trust him.

Reaction Score
Probably there is a deal that is done and just waiting for the championship game to conclude. Thus an announcement on January 9 is likely I would think.

Unlikely that any playoff team staff are involved simply due to salary scales. But if the successful DC candidate is currently on a playoff team staff, I would think that ND or OU are at least as likely as UA or CU.

Reaction Score
The look on the faces of Tennessee fans would be priceless...
On the contrary, Vols' boosters would pay boat loads to remove Saban from their misery. The looks upon their faces would exhude happiness.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Frustrated with consistently coming up short at Michigan, Don Brown returns to UConn Territory

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
1) I'm not sure about this, but I thought he chose another program. Not that he "couldn't get in" to ours.
2) Grad school should be about academics. I'm not really interested in letting kids into grad school programs that shouldn't be there because of sports.
3) Generally, you want diversity between your undergrad/grad school programs. I would never counsel a student to get his/her grad degree where they got their undergrad degree.

But yes, that national championship we would have had, only if Robbie Frey got into grad school at UCONN would have been nice. ;)
UConn did not have the graduate program that would get him the Pennsylvania certification. That is why he left.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Make Saban AD, School President and assistant head coach and DC. Come on a man can dream can't he

Reaction Score
Currently associate head coach/defensive coordinator at UAlbany. In 2017 their defense ranked 9th in FCS.
Was at Maryland for 5 seasons and was DC there in 2015. So he was there during the Edsall regime. Recruited a 4 star wide receiver while there. The guy has been at UMass twice and was DC for 7 years in which they finished in the top 20 in defense 3 times(2005-06 and 07). Was at Northeastern for a couple years, Brown and U of New Haven. Also an assistant at Kolbe Cathedral(Bridgeport) and St. Joe's in Trumbull. Played linebacker at U New Haven where he graduated. Married, two daughters.

While at Maryland recruited 3 stars out of PA, CT, MA and MD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fits the narrative of getting HCRE2.0's old gang together. Probably also likes and wants to be in CT.
That's my thinking all along...once I saw the resume....

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Huh?? The first thing you do when a quake hits is get out of the building, if you can! Apparently being the only one who did, it would seem that he is both smart and proactive. ;)
Tell that the the people who keep getting killed by Tsunamis...seems being 10 floors up keeps you out of the water.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Currently associate head coach/defensive coordinator at UAlbany. In 2017 their defense ranked 9th in FCS.
Was at Maryland for 5 seasons and was DC there in 2015. So he was there during the Edsall regime. Recruited a 4 star wide receiver while there. The guy has been at UMass twice and was DC for 7 years in which they finished in the top 20 in defense 3 times(2005-06 and 07). Was at Northeastern for a couple years, Brown and U of New Haven. Also an assistant at Kolbe Cathedral(Bridgeport) and St. Joe's in Trumbull. Played linebacker at U New Haven where he graduated. Married, two daughters.

While at Maryland recruited 3 stars out of PA, CT, MA and MD.

Would prefer someone with some NFL/more FBS experience..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom