New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 11 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes, it is. He wants them to bend the rules further
I think where we have the most trouble is with JUCOs and Grad Transfers. We seem to really have a hard time as evidence by our long history of having relatively few compared to many football programs.

Reaction Score
I think where we have the most trouble is with JUCOs and Grad Transfers. We seem to really have a hard time as evidence by our long history of having relatively few compared to many football programs.

not to mention getting our own kids in to grad programs so they can play another year (see Frey, R)

Reaction Score
I don't think we should make major exceptions for grad transfers. JUCO guys, yes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't think we should make major exceptions for grad transfers. JUCO guys, yes.
How about a grad pottery program? :rolleyes:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Is it hard to bring in guys who have a four year degree already?

Reaction Score
Doubt it since the DC Coordinator job posting closing date was extended to January 7 as noted earlier today (a page or so back in this thread).
Oh, sorry, I saw that and must have misread it. Thanks.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Considering the assistant to the assistant water boy makes 300k, its going to be tough to reel in an 'affordable' assistant from most SEC schools.

Reaction Score
Considering the assistant to the assistant water boy makes 300k, its going to be tough to reel in an 'affordable' assistant from most SEC schools.

Venables makes $2 million per year as a Clemson assistant coach...(DC).

The position coaches (Elliot and Scott), QB coach and DE coach, make $850,000.

Reaction Score
Nobody cares about the UNC thing - opposing fans get their panties in a bunch over it, very few athletes and even fewer people in the coaching profession care about it.

That's the real indictment of college sports today, though, don't you think?

Reaction Score
What this says to me in a completely uneducated way is it’s potentially someone on the coaching staffs of either the Eagles or Colts. Both of them went into the final weekend playing to get in, if they didn’t the hire could have occurred this week. Now the date is extended to the 7th to see if they win their respective wild card game. If it gets extended after this week to the 14th and one of those two teams win, we could speculate which team and potentially who. But I also could be 100% wrong.

There's no reason to doubt you.

Reaction Score

Or even ACC schools?

Reaction Score
not to mention getting our own kids in to grad programs so they can play another year (see Frey, R)

1) I'm not sure about this, but I thought he chose another program. Not that he "couldn't get in" to ours.
2) Grad school should be about academics. I'm not really interested in letting kids into grad school programs that shouldn't be there because of sports.
3) Generally, you want diversity between your undergrad/grad school programs. I would never counsel a student to get his/her grad degree where they got their undergrad degree.

But yes, that national championship we would have had, only if Robbie Frey got into grad school at UCONN would have been nice. ;)

Reaction Score
1) I'm not sure about this, but I thought he chose another program. Not that he "couldn't get in" to ours.
2) Grad school should be about academics. I'm not really interested in letting kids into grad school programs that shouldn't be there because of sports.
3) Generally, you want diversity between your undergrad/grad school programs. I would never counsel a student to get his/her grad degree where they got their undergrad degree.

But yes, that national championship we would have had, only if Robbie Frey got into grad school at UCONN would have been nice. ;)

Couldn't have hurt...
Robbie Frey - 2011 - Kutztown University

Reaction Score
That's the real indictment of college sports today, though, don't you think?

Yup

But that genie is out of the bottle.

If you work in finance do you turn down a job with Goldman for more coin just because they’ve had SEC violations? Maybe, but very unlikely.

Reaction Score

yes, but when you spread that cost across wins, you can see who's actually getting the better deal.

Reaction Score

This is where you see that P5 money show up. Look up what Dabo Sweeney was making at the time we hired Diaco. I was surprised at what he was making at the time.

Reaction Score
Depending on the reason for extending the hiring deadline, maybe Johnson was the backup plan and we are now hiring him because option 1 flaked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom