New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 10 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jokes are just not always obvious to some

Yes, I knew it wasn't serious. Hence the "of course not", an acknowledgement that it was a tongue in cheek comment. But the staffs are something Edsall will be looking at.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes, I knew it wasn't serious. Hence the "of course not", an acknowledgement that it was a tongue in cheek comment. But the staffs are something Edsall will be looking at.
Yes I suppose you were doing a public service by shutting down that tangent of silliness early.

Reaction Score
Cutting to the chase (the DC job is the only one reposted it appears):

Job Posting: The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division 1 FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of eight years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 1, 2019.

Here is the original posting for comparison - I don't see a change except closing date.

The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division 1 FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of eight years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on December 27, 2018.

Does not appear qualifications have changed - only closing date:

The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division 1 FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor’s degree; minimum of eight years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 7, 2019.

Reaction Score
Edsall does have a legitimate gripe about moving signing day 2 up to the first Wednesday in March.. because of these type of coaching changes that go on..

Reaction Score
Edsall does have a legitimate gripe about moving signing day 2 up to the first Wednesday in March.. because of these type of coaching changes that go on..
Eh, self awareness appears not to be a strong suit of Randy's.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to grab a guy like a Jay Bateman (DC at Army) as well...
Bateman's already committed to the University of No Classes. From legitimate academic integrity and respected student-athletes to ...

Reaction Score
Bateman's already committed to the University of No Classes. From legitimate academic integrity and respected student-athletes to ...

Nobody cares about the UNC thing - opposing fans get their panties in a bunch over it, very few athletes and even fewer people in the coaching profession care about it.

Reaction Score
Does not appear qualifications have changed - only closing date:

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division 1 FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor’s degree; minimum of eight years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 7, 2019.
What this says to me in a completely uneducated way is it’s potentially someone on the coaching staffs of either the Eagles or Colts. Both of them went into the final weekend playing to get in, if they didn’t the hire could have occurred this week. Now the date is extended to the 7th to see if they win their respective wild card game. If it gets extended after this week to the 14th and one of those two teams win, we could speculate which team and potentially who. But I also could be 100% wrong.

Reaction Score
Name a FBS legit academic u that does not bend rules for athletes?
Whoosh, the sound of the clear distinction sailing past you, I.e., chapel hill’s purportedly-eliminated no work, no class course strategy versus the USMA which Bateman departed.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t that subtle. If you feel there is ONE program that doesn’t bend requirements for athletes, name it.

Reaction Score
What this says to me in a completely uneducated way is it’s potentially someone on the coaching staffs of either the Eagles or Colts. Both of them went into the final weekend playing to get in, if they didn’t the hire could have occurred this week. Now the date is extended to the 7th to see if they win their respective wild card game. If it gets extended after this week to the 14th and one of those two teams win, we could speculate which team and potentially who. But I also could be 100% wrong.
Maybe Rod Marinelli from the cowboys

Reaction Score
Whoosh, the sound of the clear distinction sailing past you, I.e., chapel hill’s purportedly-eliminated no work, no class course strategy versus the USMA which Bateman departed.

I’d have gladly done no work for a grade/credit and many of my teammates were able to do that - never register for a class hop in on the final where the questions were given in advance and get the grade and miraculously get the credit. It’s a school that ranked higher in the academic rankings than UConn - do those rankings mean anything, probsbly not.

I didn’t get to take advantage of that but did get the athlete friendly professors and classes where I was able to get grades to remain eligible while doing little to no work. It also happens at all levels - D3-D1 schools

People feign ignorance of such things - it’s hardly uncommon.

It’s absurd that it happens and it’s equally absurd that people still think much of college athletics have anything to do with college.

The topic has been discussed plenty here over the years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nobody cares about the UNC thing - opposing fans get their panties in a bunch over it, very few athletes and even fewer people in the coaching profession care about it.
And that is just wrong in so many ways

Reaction Score
I will repeat my question. What day is the announcement? Friday?

Reaction Score
I will repeat my question. What day is the announcement? Friday?

Doubt it since the DC Coordinator job posting closing date was extended to January 7 as noted earlier today (a page or so back in this thread).

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hopefully they aren’t having a hard time finding willing candidates....

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Name a FBS legit academic u that does not bend rules for athletes?

Isn't one of Randy's biggest complaints that UConn's admission standards are too high?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom