New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 9 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

Reaction Score
So who the hell is our DC? I am surprised a name hasn't leaked.
I'm not... somethings change and somethings stay the same when it comes to Edsall... He never let the cat of the bag early on stuff like this.. there were plenty of times we wouldn't find out stuff until the normal signing day... I hope we don't end up having to wait that long though..

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
AP - Storrs, CT.

Meh McMediocreson will be named new Defensive Coordinator at the University of Connecticut. He will reportedly make $30,000/yr. His sterling resume includes leading ITT Tech to a 2011 top 500 defense in the prestigious tech trade company football conference, creating one takeaway during his 5 year stint as DC, and running a northeast friendly 2-1-3-2-3 prevent defense.

"I'm excited to get this opportunity," McMediocreson said. "The days of UConn giving up touchdowns on the first play from scrimmage are over. My prevent defense will ensure it will take at least 2 plays. And if I have to sneak a few cones or tackling dummies on the field, I will do it."

In an unrelated item, UConn also announced the hiring of a new Tiddly Winks coach who will make a reported $5M/yr and construction on a new on-campus quidditch facility will begin immediately. Estimated cost of the quidditch facility is around $1B.

"It's important for the UConn brand to continue to fund all non-football sports at absurd levels," AD David Benedict said. "The less money we devote to football, the more often UConn Nation can enjoy iconic moments in our program like our coaching staff collapsing to the field in exhaustion and complete bewilderment after barely beating our FCS rivals."

AAC Tiddly Winks chairperson was unavailable for comment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
AP - Storrs, CT.

Meh McMediocreson will be named new Defensive Coordinator at the University of Connecticut. He will reportedly make $30,000/yr. His sterling resume includes leading ITT Tech to a 2011 top 500 defense in the prestigious tech trade company football conference, creating one takeaway during his 5 year stint as DC, and running a northeast friendly 2-1-3-2-3 prevent defense.

"I'm excited to get this opportunity," McMediocreson said. "The days of UConn giving up touchdowns on the first play from scrimmage are over. My prevent defense will ensure it will take at least 2 plays. And if I have to sneak a few cones or tackling dummies on the field, I will do it."

In an unrelated item, UConn also announced the hiring of a new Tiddly Winks coach who will make a reported $5M/yr and construction on a new on-campus quidditch facility will begin immediately. Estimated cost of the quidditch facility is around $1B.

"It's important for the UConn brand to continue to fund all non-football sports at absurd levels," AD David Benedict said. "The less money we devote to football, the more often UConn Nation can enjoy iconic moments in our program like our coaching staff collapsing to the field in exhaustion and complete bewilderment after barely beating our FCS rivals."

I give you an "A" for effort. However, you are fully responsible for all the follow-on attempts by other posters which will be truly abhorrent.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
AP - Storrs, CT.

I fully expect to be pleasantly surprised by this announcement.

Reaction Score
I fully expect to be pleasantly surprised by this announcement.
Does seem that way now... but, again, I hope I found a hit on the guy I mentioned initially in this thread... He'd make sense, but you never know now with all the coaching changes ongoing....

Reaction Score
Defensive coordinator job is reposted and will end 1/7/19

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does Randy have another son?:rolleyes:

Which would probably work out fine since Corey is the tip of the spear on recruiting.

Reaction Score
Does Randy have another son?:rolleyes:

Which would probably work out fine since Corey is the tip of the spear on recruiting.
Corey stays up to date with his recruiting

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Defensive coordinator job is reposted and will end 1/7/19

Wow, really has been extended again. What can you conclude?

Perhaps we had two different guys soft circled who backed out at the last moment? Perhaps those dudes got the pay raises they were looking for and decided not to come.

An error has occurred.

Reaction Score
Wow, really has been extended again. What can you conclude?

Perhaps we had two different guys soft circled who backed out at the last moment? Perhaps those dudes got the pay raises they were looking for and decided not to come.

An error has occurred.
I think it will be hard to find one that is decent. I hope they don’t hire a joe smuck

Reaction Score
I truly hope we don't go the Lashley route (again.. one and done)...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With all of the movement in coaching circles, I am not surprised to see this. There are a lot of college and NFL coaches that are now available for the right opportunity.
So probably one of Todd Bowles? Vance Joseph? or Marvin Lewis?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Of course not. But their whole staffs are essentially up for grabs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course not. But their whole staffs are essentially up for grabs.
I wonder if the delay is due to a new target becoming available. It probably is due to change of heart, counter offer though.

Reaction Score
AP - Storrs, CT.

what a stupid post. If you have no interest in uconn get off the boneyard

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I give you an "A" for effort. However, you are fully responsible for all the follow-on attempts by other posters which will be truly abhorrent.

I rest my case. This is on you Dooley.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I am so very sorry. I admit that I did not confirm with my source of the exact contract details. Can you please confirm and write up an update to the original news story? I'll share the breaking news credit with you 50/50.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom