New DC Candidate Possibilities | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New DC Candidate Possibilities

C

Chief00

I love telling people that know nothing about UConn football how we had Forzano, Holtz and Rutigiano on the coaching staff and one year went 1-8 or 1-9. Might have won the NC if we kept that staff together.

How the game has changed - there were only 6 coaches including a Freshman coach.

Reaction Score
Lyndon was a good recruiter during RE1.0 but often there is an age expiration on recruiting unless it’s an iconic coach or someone very gifted. He’s a very good dude and I think a decent coach. He won’t tolerate the sad tackle attempts we have seen.
Having said that, his trajectory was UConn to Towson State. So this is another opportunity for those who worship to the under the radar Gods to have their day.
Went to Randy’s camp when I was playing football and recruits loved Lyndon. Not a bad fit I’m okay with that if it happens

C

Chief00

He did have that stint @ Maryland in between?

True, but the trajectory was ultimately to Towson. It is what it is. He was part of Randy’s crew, who lost at Maryland and he got downsized to Towson.
Bottomline, we have the fired MD Head Coach and two fired assistants, who are now our Head Coach, OC & DC.

Reaction Score
I’d feel better if Towson’s defense hadn’t been bad...
Like someone said before. Nova’s D was lights out and that didn’t mean squat
Just give guys a chance. I’m more interested in who the Strength coaches are gonna be. That is what we need. No matter who comes in as DC if the horses in the barn aren’t strong enough to pull the sled it ain’t going anywhere no how.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Eh.,,,I preferred new blood,but it probably wouldn't work with Randy.

Reaction Score
Eh.,,,I preferred new blood,but it probably wouldn't work with Randy.
It didn’t work with Crocker or Lashlee. At least (if the reports are true) these guys will know exactly what to expect. The program needs stability.

Reaction Score
Just give guys a chance. I’m more interested in who the Strength coaches are gonna be. That is what we need. No matter who comes in as DC if the horses in the barn aren’t strong enough to pull the sled it ain’t going anywhere no how.
I think the guy Diaco brought in did good work. Foley Fatukasi and Richard Levy changed their bodies in one off season. I felt we were strong on lines with him. I agree with you though, it's an underappreciated position that makes a difference in games.

Reaction Score
Lyndon was a good recruiter during RE1.0 but often there is an age expiration on recruiting unless it’s an iconic coach or someone very gifted. He’s a very good dude and I think a decent coach. He won’t tolerate the sad tackle attempts we have seen.
Having said that, his trajectory was UConn to Towson State. So this is another opportunity for those who worship to the under the radar Gods to have their day.
I don't get your angle with this line of thought. This is, was, and will continue to be a developmental type football program. We are not going to win recruiting battles against many P5 programs regularly.

The day we can afford to hire a fb coach for 4 to 5 million a year like a Chip Kelly, maybe. We are from there at the moment. Lakatos did well enough here to get hired by Georgia. Our DBs were disciplined and productive. A few went on to play in the NFL.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

But that logic makes no sense. Just because someone succeeded and then came here and failed, we should no longer prefer candidates who were successful in their last job? We should hire unsuccessful candidates because previous success doesn't guarantee anything?

Reaction Score
But that logic makes no sense. Just because someone succeeded and then came here and failed, we should no longer prefer candidates who were successful in their last job? We should hire unsuccessful candidates because previous success doesn't guarantee anything?
You’re better than that Phil. I merely said give the guy a chance. He was interviewed and shared his vision for the defense. The HC liked it and hired him.
Just give it a chance is all I’m saying

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You’re better than that Phil. I merely said give the guy a chance. He was interviewed and shared his vision for the defense. The HC liked it and hired him.
Just give it a chance is all I’m saying

Okay I hear you. I suppose I’m just tired of Randy only being capable of surrounding himself with his own guys. He came back here under the impression that he’d changed in that respect, but he’s just as bad as he was

Reaction Score
FYI...job has been reposted..closes 1/1..the link works for me despite what it says here. Asst S&C coach is still up as well. Dbacks coach and head S&C coach are no longer listed.

An error has occurred.

Reaction Score
FYI...job has been reposted..closes 1/1..the link works for me despite what it says here
An error has occurred.

Cutting to the chase (the DC job is the only one reposted it appears):

Job Posting: The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division 1 FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of eight years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 1, 2019.

Here is the original posting for comparison - I don't see a change except closing date.

The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division 1 FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of eight years’ experience as a football coach at the collegiate FBS, FCS or NFL within the past 10 years; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of experience as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate and/or professional level.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on December 27, 2018.

Reaction Score
Cut to the chase:

Job Posting: The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator.

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 1, 2019.

Here is the original posting for comparison:
Thanks Medic!!!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Thought A: Randy is gonna surround himself with his guys. He wraps himself in 2005. From worshiping the incredibly overrated Block C helmet (it has the tradition all the way back to two thousand aught four!) to hiring the same coaches who led UConn to the heights of adequacy, its what he's all about.

Thought B: They weren't gonna get anyone good, so I suppose in this case I get going familiar.

Both are accurate.

Reaction Score
Thought A: Randy is gonna surround himself with his guys. He wraps himself in 2005. From worshiping the incredibly overrated Block C helmet (it has the tradition all the way back to two thousand aught four!) to hiring the same coaches who led UConn to the heights of adequacy, its what he's all about.

Thought B: They weren't gonna get anyone good, so I suppose in this case I get going familiar.

Both are accurate.
The return of a run heavy offense is probably not far behind.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The return of a run heavy offense is probably not far behind.

100%

Which is why I'd be for going to the triple option, even though I detest it. If you're gonna run...run

Reaction Score
Getting UConn football back to mediocre? Their best season ended up in a three way tie for 1st place and a colossal butt whipping on the other side of the country. No thanks. He better do a lot better than that. This league is ripe for the taking and has enough national TV coverage to improve recruiting over the FCS caliber they've settled on the last decade or so. Get it together Randy and do it quick. Year three coming up better be a good one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom