New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No. Repeating the same tired tropes when no one ever says there wasn't cause is the simpleton stuff.
Then why do you keep doing it?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Then why do you keep doing it?
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
People here act like they'd be all noble if they were fired on somewhat shoddy grounds FOR CAUSE and stood to lose not just $10M but also would struggle to find another coaching job (because it was FOR CAUSE).

I want KO to go away, and we made the right choice, but this was all inevitable once we fired him for cause. And every one of you all would do the same thing. You'd like to pretend you're all noble, but for $10M...
Whatever actually happened behind closed doors with K.O. and the old coaching, mentors, staff, administration, recruits etc. we really don't know. We don't know what was said, how it was said. When that trust breaks down particular after certain assurances has been made things can turn left real quick. All of this was expected and foreseeable once they terminated K.O. for cause. The University pushed him too far, the crossed some lines that he clearly has not been able to reconcile. He's pushed the red button, pursuing the nuclear option. His position and strategy is clearly not about logic and more about his perceived perception of what occurred based on his own value system that includes his principles. When a person gets locked in there is no turning back; it's all or nothing. K.O. has to be able to look himself in the mirror and go to sleep at night so looking at it this way I can understand where he is. He has nothing else to lose.

It's easy to sit here and pile on K.O. at this point. There is a difference in opinion on how the separation needed to play itself out. Decisions were made and we all are going to have to pay the consequences. It was someone's job to clean this "ISH" up and they failed bottom line full stop. I'm sure there is a lot of stories out there and a number of efforts made but this is a colossal failure. All we can do at this point is hope for the best. Paying the Piper never feels good. This is self inflicted.

P.S. We should have put an Alumni fund raising campaign together to bridge the gap here even if the number was double the $2.5M offer to prevent this. I would have contributed my annual $25 to something like this :)

Reaction Score
KO will be okay financially, he is eligible for the highest NBA pension (200k/yr) for life with full health benefits if he starts taking it in about 10 yrs. This is about defending his reputation. DB went nuclear and Kevin is fighting back. I am glad that he is doing it. This will not end well for UCONN or KO, DB will be gone by next yr. I do expect a settlement soon with money somewhere in between. Whatever happen to the Chief's benefactor with the $10million in his pocket

Reaction Score
KO will be okay financially, he is eligible for the highest NBA pension (200k/yr) for life with full health benefits if he starts taking it in about 10 yrs. This is about defending his reputation. DB went nuclear and Kevin is fighting back. I am glad that he is doing it. This will not end well for UCONN or KO, DB will be gone by next yr. I do expect a settlement soon with money somewhere in between. Whatever happen to the Chief's benefactor with the $10million in his pocket
Or "RAY DONOVAN"! He would have gotten this taken care of. :-D

Reaction Score
Whatever actually happened behind closed doors with K.O. and the old coaching, mentors, staff, administration, recruits etc. we really don't know. We don't know what was said, how it was said. When that trust breaks down particular after certain assurances has been made things can turn left real quick. All of this was expected and foreseeable once they terminated K.O. for cause. The University pushed him too far, the crossed some lines that he clearly has not been able to reconcile. He's pushed the red button, pursuing the nuclear option. His position and strategy is clearly not about logic and more about his perceived perception of what occurred based on his own value system that includes his principles. When a person gets locked in there is no turning back; it's all or nothing. K.O. has to be able to look himself in the mirror and go to sleep at night so looking at it this way I can understand where he is. He has nothing else to lose.

It's easy to sit here and pile on K.O. at this point. There is a difference in opinion on how the separation needed to play itself out. Decisions were made and we all are going to have to pay the consequences. It was someone's job to clean this "ISH" up and they failed bottom line full stop. I'm sure there is a lot of stories out there and a number of efforts made but this is a colossal failure. All we can do at this point is hope for the best. Paying the Piper never feels good. This is self inflicted.

P.S. We should have put an Alumni fund raising campaign together to bridge the gap here even if the number was double the $2.5M offer to prevent this. I would have contributed my annual $25 to something like this :)
Appreciate the post sans all the emotion. As one poster noted in here regarding his contract...it is the same as Calhoun's except we really mean the part about zero tolerance. At some point the relationship between him and JC deteriorated(I mean JC was hanging out with Hurley months before he was named coach.
As you said..."piling on KO"....bothers me-as if everything that happened was on him and no one else. Let's look into the Miller firing and from there Miller giving up info on KO...some of it unfounded. So no, it is never all on one side or the other. Jeez, the Yankees even brought Billy Martin and Yogi Berra back. This could have and more importantly SHOULD have been resolved.

Reaction Score
Appreciate the post sans all the emotion. As one poster noted in here regarding his contract...it is the same as Calhoun's except we really mean the part about zero tolerance. At some point the relationship between him and JC deteriorated(I mean JC was hanging out with Hurley months before he was named coach.
As you said..."piling on KO"....bothers me-as if everything that happened was on him and no one else. Let's look into the Miller firing and from there Miller giving up info on KO...some of it unfounded. So no, it is never all on one side or the other. Jeez, the Yankees even brought Billy Martin and Yogi Berra back. This could have and more importantly SHOULD have been resolved.
Who else should you blame but the head coach? The guy mailed it in and expected to get a pay day by resting on his laurels. Now he's just mad that he got caught breaking the rules

Reaction Score
Does Kevin pay for your oysters?

Reaction Score
Well we know how your predictions have gone in the past...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I know he wants the $10 million, but this isn't helping him with a job after all of this is done. I can't see him coaching on the college level ever again. What university is going to hire someone who sued to get back pay after two losing seasons in a row and players leaving because of the coach.

I have to admit I am sad about this all happening, as I have always liked Kevin Ollie, but this taints that feeling now. I wish this was just over.

Reaction Score
Does Kevin pay for your oysters?
What is the issues with Oysters and a drink in West Hartford? Have you look at the back ground of the current UCONN staff. They all like oysters in the past and present. I dont hold anything against them for that. You need to come up with something else

Reaction Score
What is the issues with Oysters and a drink in West Hartford? Have you look at the back ground of the current UCONN staff. They all like oysters in the past and present. I dont hold anything against them for that. You need to come up with something else
This has got to be one of the most unintentionally funny posts ever on here.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know he wants the $10 million, but this isn't helping him with a job after all of this is done. I can't see him coaching on the college level ever again. What university is going to hire someone who sued to get back pay after two losing seasons in a row and players leaving because of the coach.

I have to admit I am sad about this all happening, as I have always liked Kevin Ollie, but this taints that feeling now. I wish this was just over.

What don't you get? UConn fired him for "just cause" and alleged that he was violating NCAA rules. If Ollie accepts that, he is finished as a college coach forever because he would be subject to a "show cause" order, meaning that another school could be assessed penalties simply for hiring him.

Ollie has no choice but to fight this, and if it was me, I would figuratively burn the university to the ground before I would consent to this. UConn has boxed itself into a corner, because the only way to a settlement would likely require an admission on their part that the "just cause" claim was false, which is not something UConn wants to do.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Put it away. Your trolling is so tired.

Reaction Score
Imagine this leads to some violations and we get the hammer dropped on us and Dan Hurley leaves and the program just sinks into obscurity forever? lol! It would be a sad end. I think we'll be fine. People around here have been saying the sky is falling for the better part of 5 years.

If he first part of your post were a possibility it's all the more reason to pay the guy.

Reaction Score
True, and believe me, this could get much worse from KO’s reputation point of view.
I think his tone deaf legal team has boxed him in rather than UConn. Now KO’s other options are diminishing thus while a long shot, he rolls the dice because there’s no opportunity cost to continue this other than a bad personal reputation. And he may feel this is the only further major money he can obtain for the rest of his life.
I think this is a problem with hiring former players (Miller, Moore, KO). They tend to become complacent, secure and isolated from professional networks. They don’t work hard developing a network outside their former school. So when they get fired they don’t bounce back like DK and Chill. This is all they have in their minds so they double down and get bitter. I have seen the same in the corporate World if someone works just for one company and gets whacked after many years. It’s sad but predictable.
Freeman? But sing it brother you are certainly correct!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom