New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case | The Boneyard

New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case

Reaction Score
New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case

>>New filings related to the arbitration process involving UConn and former men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie appear to reveal that Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs and Terry Larrier were the players whose visit to an Atlanta trainer helped lead to Ollie’s firing for “just cause.”

Purvis, Gibbs and Larrier are among 14 out-of-state witnesses Ollie’s lawyers have received permission to depose as part of salary-grievance arbitration. All are listed in filings in connection with trainer Derrick Hamilton, a friend of Ollie’s who allegedly trained UConn players in violation of NCAA rules. Huskies athletic director David Benedict cited the incident when the school fired Ollie and argued it did not have to pay the $10 million remaining on his contract.

Others planned to be deposed in Ollie’s arbitration hearings include Ray Allen, former athletic director Warde Manuel, former recruit James Akinjo, Akinjo’s guardian Rachel Jackson, Akinjo’s stepfather Chris Wright, former assistant coach Ricky Moore, former assistant coach Dwayne Killings, former director of basketball operations Kevin Freeman, former player development coach Danny Griffin and former audio/visual coordinator Dave Sevush.<<

Reaction Score
So what is the purpose here? And by dragging some UConn players (and beloved former greats) into court, is Ollie’s camp asking players to speak against the University? If so, this is getting out of hand. Family culture dragging each other thru the mud here.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is incredible, can they put it on wfsb?

Reaction Score
NCAA will throw the book at us on this. Prefer he had hookers, people taking tests for our players, fake classes, Nike paying 100K to Alterique but this Atlanta training crap? Doomed death penalty coming at us:mad:
Didn’t you hear? It was an “academic” tho, and was offered to every student. We’re safe, right?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
This reminds me of a neighborhood who lived down the street from me with his wealthy girlfriend in a townhouse she owned. He got lazy and quit working, so she broke off the relationship and kicked him out. He then sued her, claiming he was entitled to half her assets and half her future income. He contacted me and several other neighbors and said he was going to subpoena us to testify on his behalf. None of us wanted to be dragged into the mess. We thought the lawsuit was ludicrous. I told him I didn't have anything to say that was relevant to his claims, but he didn't care. Fortunately, common sense prevailed and the judge dismissed the case before we had to testify.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Didn’t we just land AG around that time, who lived in Atlanta, hard to imagine he wasn’t involved as well?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FINALLY a boneyard thread that cannot end badly.
Today has been a freaking beautiful day. The new ESPN deal (especially the term), Wholly leaving football and now this. Well that's three... hopefully that's it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
KO's legal team seems to be all in there scorched earth tactics. It will be interesting to see how much leeway they'll be given.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Today has been a freaking beautiful day. The new ESPN deal (especially the term), Wholly leaving football and now this. Well that's three... hopefully that's it.

I know I’ve thought this like 3 trillion times and I’m sure I’ve written it more than once, but maybe NOW we’ve finally bottomed out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom