New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case

C

Chief00

Ok - KO and his team apparently did not get Chief’s wake up post a couple week’s ago. So Chief’s starting to lift the self imposed gag order and I will match them now and believe me it will get much worse. This latest FOI Request will embarrass no one more than KO, if approved. His reputation will lay in ruins.
UConn offered KO $2.5 million through back channels and that would have avoided all this unnecessary mess and KO would now be working.
If KO ever has the really poor judgement to call Chief as a witness - the gloves are off - and Chief will tell everything. I think even his lawyer recognizes this would not be in his client’s interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ok - KO and his team apparently did not get Chief’s wake up post a couple week’s ago. So Chief’s starting to lift the self imposed gag order and I will match them now and believe me it will get much worse. This latest FOI Request will embarrass no one more than KO if approved. His reputation will lie in ruins.
UConn offered KO $2.5 million through back channels and that would have avoided all this unnecessary mess and KO would now be working.
If KO ever has the really poor judgement to call Chief as a witness - the gloves are off - and Chief will tell everything. I think even his lawyer recognizes this would not be in his client’s interest.
Hearsay is inadmissible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ok - KO and his team apparently did not get Chief’s wake up post a couple week’s ago. So Chief’s starting to lift the self imposed gag order and I will match them now and believe me it will get much worse. This latest FOI Request will embarrass no one more than KO if approved. His reputation will lie in ruins.
Oh my god! Chief is Akinjo!

Reaction Score
I know I’ve thought this like 3 trillion times and I’m sure I’ve written it more than once, but maybe NOW we’ve finally bottomed out.
Imagine this leads to some violations and we get the hammer dropped on us and DH leaves and the program just sinks into obscurity forever? lol! It would be a sad end. I think we'll be fine. People around here have been saying the sky is falling for the better part of 5 years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fancy LawLawyer:

Mr Chief Double Zero is it?

On the night of February 13th, 2014 were you in the company of Andre Drummond and some UConn - Judge I apologize for the language - “”?

Chief00:

Yes

Fancy LawLawyer:

Your honor I would like to submit people’s evidence 6 - a photograph taken of Mr Drummond on the night in question in Oakland, Michigan.

Court: Gasps, chaos ensues much gavel banging

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok - KO and his team apparently did not get Chief’s wake up post a couple week’s ago. So Chief’s starting to lift the self imposed gag order and I will match them now and believe me it will get much worse. This latest FOI Request will embarrass no one more than KO, if approved. His reputation will lay in ruins.

I have not been notified the gag order has been lifted. I doubt that it will be until closure of situation.
Three general, nonspecific thoughts based on what’s public now:
1) If one thinks those workouts were less likely to happen if our S&C guy was better - that’s on Travis not Carlos since those violations were in 2015/2016.
2) Miller is a snake and will never get another D1 job. I understand he got fired and saw lots of bad stuff before that - but no one will hire him in D1 now. He won’t be trusted.
3) Ray is right, KO needs R&R and maybe he should bring Michael Bailey with him before his reputation is damaged further.

Is it hard to keep track of all the gag orders?

Reaction Score
So he risked 2.5 million for, what would you lawyers say, about a 10 percent chance to get 10 million? Idiot.

Reaction Score
You know how you beat the claim that you are racist for treating the white coach (and Hall of famer) different from the black coach? You bring out all of the ugly and embarrassing things that the black coach did but the Hall of Famer white coach didn't. Are you ready for this?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You know how you beat the claim that you are racist for treating the white coach (and Hall of famer) different from the black coach? You bring out all of the ugly and embarrassing things that the black coach did but the Hall of Famer white coach didn't. Are you ready for this?

Huh we already know what they accused him of.

How do you fault Ollie and his lawyers for wanting to interview the people whose stories were used to fire him?

If the documents are so embarrassing to Ollie why don’t they just release them?

C

Chief00

Good try LOL. Noticed I said in the first post “starting to lift” and that “I would match them now”. I then slipped in a piece of information, (the $2.5M informal offer) they know is true to get their attention. You should have understood this to be a warning rather than a self impose gag order dam break. Timing is everything, when did I post the bottom post and what has happened since, including this week?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good try LOL. Noticed I said in the first post “starting to lift” and that “I would match them now”. I then slipped in a piece of information, (the $2.5M informal offer) they know is true to get their attention. You should have understood this to be a warning rather than a self impose gag order dam break. Timing is everything, when did I post the bottom post and what has happened since, including this week?

If your sanity was on trial this wouldn’t help your case.

Reaction Score
1553087747961.png

Reaction Score
People here act like they'd be all noble if they were fired on somewhat shoddy grounds FOR CAUSE and stood to lose not just $10M but also would struggle to find another coaching job (because it was FOR CAUSE).

I want KO to go away, and we made the right choice, but this was all inevitable once we fired him for cause. And every one of you all would do the same thing. You'd like to pretend you're all noble, but for $10M...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom