New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case | Page 17 | The Boneyard

New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case

Reaction Score
To wit. none of the Ollie sycophants think he should have remained as a head coach. IF OLLIE DID ENOUGH TO WARRANT HIS REMOVAL AS HEAD COACH (THE SYCOPHANTS AGREE), HE SHOULDN'T BE PAID FOR BEING THE HEAD COACH. Or am I being too obtuse ;)

With this statement, yes, you are being incredibly obtuse. But I don't think it's worth the time explaining why. The all-caps help though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, I mean UCONN unleashing a 'rat'. The above claim was just bitter Miller being bitter.

And yet what Miller did got UConn self-sanctioned with the possibilty of more sanctions.

And Miller is employed by an employee of UConn’s athletic department.

It’s all just a giant coincidence and a stroke of luck for Diamond Dave.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And yet what Miller did got UConn self-sanctioned with the possibilty of more sanctions.

In your OP, you said, "Yeah I’m sure it would be tough to come up with violations as severe as Ollie’s if they let a rat loose and did a couple hundred hours of interviews."

To me, this implied that UCONN let a rat loose as well. The rat being Miller.

I then asserted, if that were the case, that there's no possible way he would have fallen on the sword without some sort of reward/motivation. Whether from UCONN or JC himself.

A $40k assistants gig at St Joe's, for what will amount to a few years at most, is not that reward. Especially since he's got kids in college. This torches his career.

The idea that Glen was the attack dog of either UCONN or JC makes no sense to me. Maybe JC threw him a million the table idk

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In your OP, you said, "Yeah I’m sure it would be tough to come up with violations as severe as Ollie’s if they let a rat loose and did a couple hundred hours of interviews."

I then asserted, if that were the case, that there's no possible way he would have fallen on the sword without some sort of reward/motivation. Whether from UCONN or JC himself.

A $40k assistants gig at St Joe's, for what will amount to a few years at most, is not that reward. Especially since he's got kids in college.
Calhoun gave him his Bentley and his house in Hilton Head.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Miller claimed his wife said that Napier’s mother said she got paid?
Um, you do realize that Miller's third fourth party account of Ollie paying $30K to a player's mother wasn't what he got fired for and also isn't the reason why he is getting a show cause order from the NCAA, right? I mean I think you are just trolling here.... hopefully.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe KO will get the St. Joe's gig. He'd be a good get for them.

Reaction Score

Please post a pic of you wearing your tinfoil hat. There are medications for this condition, just so you know....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

A $40k assistants gig at St Joe's, for what will amount to a few years at most, is not that reward. Especially since he's got kids in college. This torches his career.

The idea that Glen was the attack dog of either UCONN or JC makes no sense to me. Maybe JC threw him a million the table idk

The idea that Glen Miller would potentially cross Calhoun while in his employ is pretty absurd.

If you think Miller was showing up to share an office with Calhoun every day while singing to the NCAA about the program Calhoun built and coach he hand-picked without Calhoun’s knowledge and blessing is quite possibly the most naive thing I can comprehend.

Reaction Score
Yeah...he is an insult to all those people that worked hard. How could he relate. Growing up in a single parent home in Compton. Playing hoops for 4 years at UConn while earning a degree. Bouncing around the CBA with a series of 10 day NBA contracts

Ollie was born in Dallas, Texas to parents Fletcher and Dorothy Ollie and grew up in the rough neighborhood of South Central Los Angeles. When Ollie was 7, his parents divorced and his father moved to Dallas. He spent summers there, cutting lawns and doing other odd jobs so he could be with him for some length of time.[3] His mother, a school teacher and ordained minister, raised him and his older sisters, Vita and Rhonda, by herself.[4

I know, how INSULTING.

I have been to South Central. It has taken many, many young lives along the way.

Although he was only in his second year of coaching, he started with a team subject to sanctions, unable to compete in the NCAA tournament, and still managed to complete the season with a 20–10 record, and followed that with a National Championship.[14]

Yup...again an INSULT.
What the hell was THAT? Madman is the perfect name for you?

I didn't say Ollie was an insult. I said the victim mentality was an insult. Reading is FUNdamental. Your response was just MENTAL.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The idea that Glen Miller would potentially cross Calhoun while in his employ is pretty absurd.

If you think Miller was showing up to share an office with Calhoun every day while singing to the NCAA about the program Calhoun built and coach he hand-picked without Calhoun’s knowledge and blessing is quite possibly the most naive thing I can comprehend.

Ok, so what's his motivation? Is it really a couple year gig at St Joe's? And for that honor JC ordered Miller to get UCONN more sanctions (an unknowable quantity mind you) for the express purpose of allowing UCONN to dodge paying KO? If so, that's incredible.

It's not like UCONN couldn't fire KO without this, we're just talking about purposefully skipping on the 10m buyout here.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok, so what's his motivation? JC ordered the code red?

Motive is the easiest part.

Miller was fired by Ollie. Miller was never going to be hired again by anyone but Calhoun.

Everyone at UConn (who employs Calhoun) needed to save ten million dollars.

Calhoun was watching Ollie wreck what he built after turning away from him personally.

There is no doubt that everyone has a motive.

Maybe you don’t get what ten million means to UConn? They can’t afford to play a spring football game and doubled their basketball ticket prices off three losing seasons.

If they didn’t have their for cause argument they wouldnt have been able to fire him.

There is no ten million to give him.

Reaction Score
With this statement, yes, you are being incredibly obtuse. But I don't think it's worth the time explaining why. The all-caps help though.
I don't think you've seen the Shawshank Redemption

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I wasn't talking about UCONN's motivation, we all know about that.

Miller was fired by Ollie. Miller was never going to be hired again by anyone but Calhoun.

What is that based on? Anyone with a brain could see Ollie was drowning and his own worst enemy. So could any other Ath Dept. That's easily spun into a failure of the HC, not the assistant.

Would he get a great gig? Probably not, but I don't see why he couldn't have latched on with a staff somewhere. Big time program, National Championship, and Head Coaching experience on his resume. Plenty of fired coaches have gotten gigs afterword.

I guess if you believe Chief that Miller had burned all his bridges in the coaching community, and no one liked him, then fine. But I don't know about that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wasn't talking about UCONN's motivation, we all know about that.

What is that based on? Anyone with a brain could see Ollie was drowning and his own worst enemy. So could any other Ath Dept. That's easily spun into a failure of the HC, not the assistant.

Would he get a great gig? Probably not, but I don't see why he couldn't have latched on with a staff somewhere. Big time program, National Championship, and Head Coaching experience on his resume. Plenty of fired coaches have gotten gigs afterword.

I guess if you believe Chief that Miller had burned all his bridges in the coaching community, and no one liked him, then fine. But I don't know about that.

I knew Miller long before I heard of Chief, before even I knew the internet was a thing.

Everyone hates Miller. Every. One.

Reaction Score
What the hell was THAT? Madman is the perfect name for you?

I didn't say Ollie was an insult. I said the victim mentality was an insult. Reading is FUNdamental. Your response was just MENTAL.
For some reason, you think being an a is attractive.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I knew Miller long before I heard of Chief, before even I knew the internet was a thing.

How the hell did he get all those non JC gigs over the years?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How the hell did he get all those non JC gigs over the years?

Do you need me to explain that you can get away with things on the way up that you don’t get away with on the way down?

I’d say for Miller the script flipped when he got fired 7 games into a season. Don’t see that everyday do you?

What’s the weird desire to believe this is all a giant coincidence?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Do you need me to explain that you can get away with things on the way up that you don’t get away with on the way down?

What’s the weird desire to believe this is all a giant coincidence?

I think looks all neat and tidy in hindsight. But real time? What if Ollie had serious skeletons in his closet that UCONN didn't know about, but were uncovered by the NCAA--who were tipped off by UCONN in the first place? Would have been real hard to find a new coach with serious sanctions hanging over you.

It seems like a highly risky move, one where you have little control once you unleash the dragon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should Ollie have been fired for his coaching performance 100%? Unequivocally Yes, two losing seasons in a row with the last season having the players quit in most games was unacceptable to the program.

If he was winning would he have been fired? No.

The university looking for a reason to not pay him his money owed because they couldn't afford to pay him his remaining money and a new coach is also a bad look for the school.

At this point we are all sick of hearing about this it's time for all parties to move on and hopefully, it happens soon. KO bleeds Husky blue who helped put the program on the Map and lead us to our 4th National title. At some point, I hope he can come back and attend games and get cheered because he's part of the Husky family and has given more to the University than most people have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think it's easy to connect dots in retrospect. But real time? What if Ollie had serious skeletons in his closet that UCONN didn't know about, but were uncovered by the NCAA--who were tipped off by UCONN in the first place? Would have been real hard to find a new coach with serious sanctions hanging over you.

It seems like a highly risky move, one where you have little control once you unleash the dragon.

Jacobs felt the need to print the leak to him wasn’t from the UConn AD... you do realize why he felt the need to do that right?

Because people connected the dots in real time.

If one were to assume I’m right, it’s the only reasonably savvy thing Benedict has ever done.

If I’m wrong and the potential ten million dollar savings fell in his lap... thoughts and prayers to anyone who supports him.

Reaction Score
Should Ollie have been fired for his coaching performance 100%? Unequivocally Yes, two losing seasons in a row with the last season having the players quit in most games was unacceptable to the program.

If he was winning would he have been fired? No.

The university looking for a reason to not pay him his money owed because they couldn't afford to pay him his remaining money and a new coach is also a bad look for the school.

At this point we are all sick of hearing about this it's time for all parties to move on and hopefully, it happens soon. KO bleeds Husky blue who helped put the program on the Map and lead us to our 4th National title. At some point, I hope he can come back and attend games and get cheered because he's part of the Husky family and has given more to the University than most people have.
Question... if Hurley has a losing season next year should he be fired? That would be 2 in a row...

C

Chief00

One thing Chief is sure of, JC did not pay anyone a million under the table out of his own pocket.

C

Chief00

Chief use to feel bad for GM since the story was his dad would have a few drinks and then call up Dom Perno about how he wasn’t playing him enough or using him the right way. The assumption at the time was it was probably embarrassing to GM and when he transferred the general consensus was it was for the best of all parties involved.
One thing Chief doesn’t have is good insight into what made Calhoun and Miller connect so well at Northeastern. Although, Chief does have a theory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom