New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case | Page 18 | The Boneyard

New court filings name former UConn standouts Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs, Terry Larrier in Kevin Ollie case

Reaction Score
No, because he is cleaning up a mess. Ollie created a mess. There's a big difference
You know I am in the KO camp. But it is WAY to early for this conversation. If they are 6 and 17 next year.....but NOW??? REALLY??? Gonna take a hard pass on that one.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, he inherited a program deemed ineligible for the post season, caused by his predecessor.

So he still got payed for that season and yes he did manage to keep the players here and engaged. So what? Wasn’t that part of his job?

Reaction Score
Question... if Hurley has a losing season next year should he be fired? That would be 2 in a row...

Absolutely not...big difference between what cleaning up a mess and changing the culture around a program and getting your players to come to UConn. Ollie who as a coach had stopped trying to develop his players and was struggling to be engaged on the recruiting trail. I mean look at the leap Carlton took under Hurley this year, I am not saying his leap would have been huge his freshman year but he was basically the same player on Day 1 as he was after the SMU game last year.

Reaction Score
There are several Universities out there that spend a lot of money on talent and haven’t won a national championship. It’s not an easy task.
Player development !! KO had the guards from day one as assistant. He helped JC with C’sand O’s. Kemba had his best year 2011 ironically when KO joins the staff..

Shabazz career took off when KO became Coach after a sub par sophomore season ! Boatright , Daniel Hamilton , DeAndre Daniels , Amida was ranked 250's ect.. All these players got better under his leadership!

On top of that they got better in the classroom! Where it mattered the most.. APR and Graduation rate! Better Men ..
what does this have to do with your original question? it's amazing how dumb the random ollie friends and family fan club contingent is. every poster that made an account just to defend ollie is an imbecile.

Reaction Score
There are several Universities out there that spend a lot of money on talent and haven’t won a national championship. It’s not an easy task.
Player development !! KO had the guards from day one as assistant. He helped JC with C’sand O’s. Kemba had his best year 2011 ironically when KO joins the staff..

Shabazz career took off when KO became Coach after a sub par sophomore season ! Boatright , Daniel Hamilton , DeAndre Daniels , Amida was ranked 250's ect.. All these players got better under his leadership!

On top of that they got better in the classroom! Where it mattered the most.. APR and Graduation rate! Better Men ..
Yep, KO was clearly better than Calhoun!!!

I like this new handle you have, Kevin.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is no ten million to give him.
This is one of the weirdest aspects of your whole crazy conspiracy theory. UConn has over $4 billion in assets. It's cash and cash equivalents alone is over $368 million, but yet you persist in the fantasy that UConn could not find $10M to pay off Ollie? You are finance guy right? You have to know that is not only is wrong, it is well, kind of stupid. (Or naive, perhaps? You seem to like that word.)

Regarding the rest... I mean I guess there could have been a vast national flag blue conspiracy, I guess, but it strains rationality doesn't it? Do you really think that Susan Herbst (oh I forgot that's Suzielax to you) calls in Glenn Miller and says "hey Glenn we fired you and all but we want to perjure yourself so we don't have to pay Ollie?" Do you really think that Calhoun participated a year long conspiracy in which he tampered with Hurley while Hurley is at URI? Do you think Calhoun came out retirement just so he could payoff Miller by giving him a coveted D III coaching gig? Do you think they somehow entrapped Ollie into paying for airfare, meals and hotels for players to attend illegal coaching sessions in Atlanta? Did they drug Ollie so he'd lie to the NCAA? Were they secretly laughing when Ollie lied to them? I mean I guess that could have happened. It is extraordinarily unlikely, on the order of an life ending meteor impact, but it is possible, I guess.

Or maybe, just maybe, Ollie cheated and lied to his employer and the NCAA about it and they fired him for it. Maybe, just maybe, the NCAA followed their normal procedure and interviewed Ollie's coaching staff at the time of the alleged incidents. And maybe, just maybe, Calhoun took the Saint Joe's job because he really did miss coaching

Occam's Razor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
what does this have to do with your original question? it's amazing how dumb the random ollie friends and family fan club contingent is. every poster that made an account just to defend ollie is an imbecile.
and that they randomly join the BY just when there is a new Ollie story in the press. Weird coincidence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So your opinion is the only one that counts? You bash Ollie and I support him. He is a husky! I may be dumb, I respect your opinion of me. I can’t tell you how to see me. You’re on this board so that means you are a husky. KO is fired, why continue to kick the man while he is down. He is a man. Every man deserves respect.
you're free to have whatever opinions you'd like. but you can't even follow your own logic. you're just one of the people I'm talking about. We also have the St Johns fan and the other guy who pops up whenever there's an Ollie story. I just find it funny that everyone who makes an account just to defend Ollie is a moron.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

Correlation does not imply causation...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I've got an idea. Why don't all the Ollie apologists and defenders get together amongst yourselves and start a GoFundMe page for contributions to his buyout? When it hits 10.7 million $$$, give him the money. Your time would be better spent doing that instead of trying to defend him here. Mind you this is a man who made upwards of 30 million $$$ since 1995 (an average of over 1 million per year), but now is apparently flat broke, downtrodden, and deserves our sympathy.

Get busy with that, good luck to all of you, and let us all know when you hit that 10.7 target number.

Reaction Score
I've got an idea. Why don't all the Ollie apologists and defenders get together amongst yourselves and start a GoFundMe page for contributions to his buyout? When it hits 10.7 million $$$, give him the money. Your time would be better spent doing that instead of trying to defend him here. Mind you this is a man who made upwards of 30 million $$$ since 1995 (an average of over 1 million per year), but now is apparently flat broke, downtrodden, and deserves our sympathy.

Get busy with that, good luck to all of you, and let us all know when you hit that 10.7 target number.
If you are tired of the thread stop posting and let it die. Otherwise have a nice fresh cup of STFU. Heaven forbid someone should have a differing opinion.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If you are tired of the thread stop posting and let it die. Otherwise have a nice fresh cup of . Heaven forbid someone should have a differing opinion.

LOL...coming from you, this post is wildly hilarious, considering you've made 33 posts in this thread and I've made 3, well 4 counting this one. You might consider taking your own advice.

Reaction Score

Lets go point by point here...

Kemba also was on the college squad that played against the USA world championship in training camp so him practicing against Westbrook, Rose, Curry, and Billups probably had more to do with that than KO.

Shabazz did get much better but how much of that was due to KO or was it the fact that he played better when he had a chip on his shoulder.

Boatright I love Ryan he was all heart and was super talented but I would argue he wasn't much better from his Junior to Senior year.

DeAndre Daniels, did get better but it wasn't by leaps and bounds some of that may just be because he got more opportunities.

Brimah was the exact same player he was when he was a Freshman.

Hamilton his skills were solid when he came here solid when he left.

You failed to mention Purvis, Facey, Nolan, Larrier, Enoch, Durham, Jackson, either didn't get better or transfered out of the program.

You mentioned graduation rate if only you won championships for good academics as long as the APR is good I think most would agree we would rather win above all else.

You also failed to mention that we had more 20 point losses in his tenure ever and a team that quit most games. We all love KO but to defend him after the last two years is just crazy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom