New commit for UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Think about it.....

Seven...... Minute..... Abs....

If your not happy with it we'll send you the eigth minute free........

Reaction Score
Nah let's hit him with some MVP, MVP, MVP.
Such a strange time to take an unprovoked shot at one of the Boneyard’s most valuable posters…

As for the kid, I agree let’s all pretend this never happened, then go “huh,” if/when we see his name on next year’s roster next to Andrew Hurley’s.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That was the best example of rent free I’ve seen in my life. Man just took shots unprovoked outa nowhere. He had to get that off his chest.

Also @husky429 keep telling us what you think about players, most of us don’t have the patience to watch as much film as you. We have so many valuable posters who do different kinds of service for the fan base, and we really shouldn’t let people give them crap unless they ask for it.

Reaction Score
So it looks like this guy is a preferred walk on. Maybe not ever preferred from his recap of what Hurley told him ("you can try out" or something like that). So that means this guy went from someone the board would trash as a non-UConn worthy recruit, to a future fan favorite that we'll all be screaming for at the end of games.

The kid jumped the gun and maybe exaggerated a bit. I'd do the same at 18 (or 19) if I was getting a chance to play at UConn. And he's going to a better school than most of his classmates from a view of the video posted in this thread. Looking forward to seeing you on the bench Emmett! Hope you get into lots of games during UConn blowouts!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
LOL - a HS kid excited for an opportunity to be a UConn basketball walk-on getting grief. I'm sure he feels great about the negativity for posting his excitement. Did we not hire his grandfather?

I can't wait for the 429 & Husky Hawk & others critique about how he's not even qualified to be a walk on. I'm sure they've analyzed every game he played. :-(
This is one of the most shocking strays I've seen on the internet. And I've been on the internet a lot.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The kid seems to have been scrubbed from the internet.

He might have committed to UConn intramurals and we all ran off with it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I had never heard of it before, hilarious to see. Don’t take offense lol

There was a bunch of schools in there that I had never heard of.

Reaction Score
The kid seems to have been scrubbed from the internet.

He might have committed to UConn intramurals and we all ran off with it.
No he didn’t. Richie Springs just followed him too.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I had never heard of it before, hilarious to see. Don’t take offense lol

haha no offense whatsoever - I have no connection to Chuck Taylor U.

Reaction Score
Even from the video it makes sense he's a walk on. The players that signed their commitment letters said "I'm committed to x University".

He said "I'll be continuing my playing career at UConn". Same language that was used in the IG post.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There was a bunch of schools in there that I had never heard of.

Seems like a sports factory. You send your kid there so they get to play a sport in college. If a kid's a D1 talent, easy. If they aren't, Montverde will find a school for them to play baseball or run track or play volleyball or whatever. All for the low low price of $52K a year.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize how good Montverde is. This is definitely the school you take a walk on from as a favor to the coaching staff.

Montverde's 2022 class are ranked #5, #22, #27, and #30. All 5* recruits

Reaction Score
Seems like a sports factory. You send your kid there so they get to play a sport in college. If a kid's a D1 talent, easy. If they aren't, Montverde will find a school for them to play baseball or run track or play volleyball or whatever. All for the low low price of $52K a year.
It is.

My friend worked for admissions at Montverde for four years. Schools like Montverde and IMG have legit talented teams, but then also have several "developmental programs" (the verbiage is different for each school) that churn out a wide variety of talent from D1 level to kids who will never play in college.

For example, at my school now, a seventh grader on my basketball team might go to IMG for high school to "play sports". He's probably the fifth best basketball player on my not very good basketball team in a very uncompetitive independent school conference AKA he wouldn't come close to making a varsity basketball team at any public HS from the FCIAC.

BUT, his parents are capable check writers and he's a smart enough kid (below average kid at our relatively competitive school) who IMG could add to go to their high school to try to legitimize their school as a real HS and the IMG local looks great on the bloated ego of the parents.

Reaction Score
There's nothing about this guy online. This is very strange.

I did watch the highlight video and, with all the usual caveats (no idea re level of competition, and the video shows very little ballhandling and only 1 defensive play), it's a pretty nice mixtape! He has a nice looking shot with range and a floater.

That doesn't mean he's a D1 player. It just means it's a nice mixtape (apart from the graininess and lack of audio).
The Sid Fynch of basketball.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This thread is harder to understand than a spliffy post.

Summary:

Kid declares all over social media that he is committed to UConn and is then instantly wiped from the face of the earth. All evidence of his existence is scrubbed right down to his birth announcement.

Some people say that he is a preferred walk-on, others say he was dumped in a volcano.

Personelly, I believe that he is a kid who will be attending UConn as a student and might resurface as a walk-on. The amount of time you need to invest in this situation is zero seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom