New commit for UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New commit for UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
seems like this is the answer:

Anyone know the reasoning behind this? I don’t know why coaches wouldn’t want it posted.

Better players talk... if they think this is the level of talent UConn is "recruiting" they don't want that to be the idea.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe a low major sees he’s good enough to be a preferred walk on at UConn and want to throw him a scholly.
But if that’s true, wouldn’t most kids prefer the free ride? I don’t see why the kid would agree to not post about it.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
But if that’s true, wouldn’t most kids prefer the free ride? I don’t see why the kid would agree to not post about it.
Cause that's the deal if you want to be gauranteed a spot to practice, and compete against D-1 athletes, learn from a high major coach, and travel an be a part of the team.

Other walk-ons go through admissions, and pay their own way with only the possibility of joining the team.

Terms and conditions of the preferred walk on role is we politely ask you not to post about it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cause that's the deal if you want to be gauranteed a spot to practice, and compete against D-1 athletes, learn from a high major coach, and travel an be a part of the team.

Other walk-ons go through admissions, and pay their own way with only the possibility of joining the team.

Terms and conditions of the preferred walk on role is we politely ask you not to post about it.
So you’re saying they chose that over a scholarship? Maybe they do, but I wouldn’t understand why.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
There's nothing about this guy online. This is very strange.

I did watch the highlight video and, with all the usual caveats (no idea re level of competition, and the video shows very little ballhandling and only 1 defensive play), it's a pretty nice mixtape! He has a nice looking shot with range and a floater.

That doesn't mean he's a D1 player. It just means it's a nice mixtape (apart from the graininess and lack of audio).
'(apart from the graininess and lack of audio)'.

i was allowed to vid his cyo practice. kids gonna add backbone since his team trained to 'take on all comers, under any set of rules.'
he can even block shots without jumping. impressive.
i usually played for the greeks, but sometimes the roumanians back in cyo daze.

Reaction Score
LOL - a HS kid excited for an opportunity to be a UConn basketball walk-on getting grief. I'm sure he feels great about the negativity for posting his excitement. Did we not hire his grandfather?

I can't wait for the 429 & Husky Hawk & others critique about how he's not even qualified to be a walk on. I'm sure they've analyzed every game he played. :-(

Reaction Score
What in the hell did I do?
Haven't you seen every player on the east coast play? Know all their strengths and weaknesses? You know the expert authority on anything or everything basketball and today's game? ;-)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
seems like this is the answer:

Anyone know the reasoning behind this? I don’t know why coaches wouldn’t want it posted.

Am guessing that, if this is true, they’re actually recruiting kids who can play and they don’t want the 19th guy off the bench muddying the waters.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Haven't you seen every player on the east coast play? Know all their strengths and weaknesses? You know the expert authority on anything or everything basketball and today's game? ;-)

I’ve never seen the kid play and I have no clue who the hell you are but I will confidently predict that he’s not very good and that you might be a jerk.

Reaction Score
I’ve never seen the kid play and I have no clue who the hell you are but I will confidently predict that he’s not very good and that you might be a jeri H
I haven't seen him play but apparently 429 has seen every east coast player play. That's why I was waiting for his critique. Apparently he watches videos 37 hours per day, while teaching and coaching AAU ball and whatever household chores he has. But apparently he's an expert... like you! But go on...

Reaction Score

I haven't seen him play but apparently 429 has seen every east coast player play. That's why I was waiting for his critique. Apparently he watches videos 37 hours per day, while teaching and coaching AAU ball and whatever household chores he has. But apparently he's an expert... like you! But go on...

You're a strange dude.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your interest in UConn basketball?

Reaction Score
Such a strange time to take an unprovoked shot at one of the Boneyard’s most valuable posters…

As for the kid, I agree let’s all pretend this never happened, then go “huh,” if/when we see his name on next year’s roster next to Andrew Hurley’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom