New AAC ESPN Contract Value Poll | Page 14 | The Boneyard

New AAC ESPN Contract Value Poll

What will be the per school annual value of the purported new AAC deal with ESPN

• Slightly less than we are getting now. ($1M - $2M)

• About what we are getting now ($2M)

• Well it's a good deal so ... uh twice what we are getting now. ($3M-$4M)

• >$4M but < $10M

• $10M

• >$10M but < $15M

• SEC money

Results are only viewable after voting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's not 7 million a year.

It's a 3 million bump on the last year of the existing contract. ESPN did not have to re-negotiate the existing contract at all. But we got a 3 million signing bonus.

The new contract is 8.5 per year for three years.

Another way to look at it is an additional 28.5 million for an additional three years.

no its not. the full conference payment is projected to be 8.5 during those years. That includes bowl payments, ncaa credits and some other revenue.

there isnt any clear reason why the one year is 5 million but that is 1.6 million higher not 3.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uh oh, someone’s got hurt feelings :(. Your tell when you are butt hurt is that you devolve to name calling. Don’t worry little fella. I’m sure they’ll be plenty for you to complain about in the new deal. In the meantime, cold weather in winter kind of sucks. Maybe you can complain about that for a while?

I’ll share a DM i received from a wise poster:

You ever just sit back and laugh that for the past 8 years on this iteration of the Boneyard that the same people who get literally everything wrong, still always point fingers and claim "certain" posters are just being negative.

The answer to that question is yes, I’ve been laughing at you for years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ll share a DM i received from a wise poster:

You ever just sit back and laugh that for the past 8 years on this iteration of the Boneyard that the same people who get literally everything wrong, still always point fingers and claim "certain" posters are just being negative.

The answer to that question is yes, I’ve been laughing at you for years.
Lol, feel better? For what it’s worth it cracks me up that you are our resident curmudgeon and yet are probably one of the most thin skinned posters on the board.

Reaction Score
Who said give up. I said the branding sucks. Sorry not sorry.

Who the hell is P6 supposed to influence?

People running around with P6 flags at football games is pathetic.
It's really not a big deal..........the AAC is above the G5 but below the P5. I guess the AAC could create it's own category the M1 or P5 +1? I also like UCF claiming the National Championship last year. It's harmless and maybe it helps motivate schools to keep improving the product. If the AAC is our long term home I'd prefer the leadership doesn't accept being excluded and continues to try pushing buttons.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
yes

yes

this is the part you left out

i’m not actually that thin skinned but if you are going to attack me... at least be right.

CL82

Reaction Score
i’m not actually that thin skinned but if you are going to attack me... at least be right.
Lol, of you view any difference of an opinion as an "attack" so, maybe you might want to reevaluate that whole I'm not thin skinned thing?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol, of you view any difference of an opinion as an "attack" so, maybe you might want to reevaluate that whole I'm not thin skinned thing?

I don’t do any such thing.

However when you were wrong all along, wrong again today, couldn’t even understand what was published today and then still attack me and others WHO WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG... I’m going to point it out.

I can quote it for you if you need to see it. The best part is when you attack people who said there wouldn’t be other bidders but then reverse course and say you never said there would be other bidders.

Your winning position is people who say there was one bidder were SO WRONG, but I won’t claim there is another bidder. Way to take a stand.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don’t do any such thing.

However when you were wrong all along, wrong again today, couldn’t even understand what was published today and then still attack me and others WHO WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG... I’m going to point it out.

I can quote it for you if you need to see it. The best part is when you attack people who said there wouldn’t be other bidders but then reverse course and say you never said there would be other bidders.

Your winning position is people who say there was one bidder were SO WRONG, but I won’t claim there is another bidder. Way to take a stand.
Sure you do. Are you saying you don't even realize it? Lol, that's kind of sad. Your go to move is to attack the intelligence or otherwise assign a pejorative to anyone who disagrees with you. If you want I can point out the next time. We won't have to wait long it's you modus operandi.

Again disagreeing with you isn't "attacking" you, it just disagreeing. You get that that is kind of the point of posting stuff to a message board right?

Okay, I'll take you up this, just to make a point. Show me where in this thread I said " people who say there was one bidder were SO WRONG, but I won’t claim there is another bidder." I'll wait. When you find your quote, be sure to reread it and make sure it says what you think it does. This is one of those times that reading comprehension matters. I'll wait.

Really though, relax. This is boring for me. I'm sure it is for everyone else as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mmm, there are a lot of numbers which are more meh. $8.5M firmly establishes us at the most valuable of the G5. Not where we want to be mind you but better that many predicted.

We've had stormcrows on here for years explaining how the cable cutters had taken all the money of out of media deals and to expect no increase in revenue, and quite possible a decrease. They were wrong.

We've had the business geniuses on here reminding us that without a bidder another bidder, there was no reason for ESPN to increase our deal. They were wrong.

We've had the college sports geniuses telling us to shutter the football program and move to the Dig East because it made a nominal amount more than our old deal. They were wrong.

What this deal does is validate that our current conference, while not where we want to be, is the best option open to us at this time. Most of us knew that. Now we all do.

Sure you do. Are you saying you don't even realize it? Lol, that's kind of sad. Your go to move is to attack the intelligence or otherwise assign a pejorative to anyone who disagrees with you. If you want I can point out the next time. We won't have to wait long it's you modus operandi.

Again disagreeing with you isn't "attacking" you, it just disagreeing. You get that that is kind of the point of posting stuff to a message board right?

Okay, I'll take you up this, just to make a point. Show me where in this thread I said " people who say there was one bidder were SO WRONG, but I won’t claim there is another bidder." I'll wait. When you find your quote, be sure to reread it and make sure it says what you think it does. This is one of those times that reading comprehension matters. I'll wait.

Really though, relax. This is boring for me. I'm sure it is for everyone else as well.

Let’s see.

First you start off with 8.5 million which is the projected full payment including bowls and ncaa credits (and has any league actually met the projections). You’ll say ‘i wasn’t talking about just the media contract’ even though we’ve all been talking about just the media contract all along.

Then you jump to a strawman where people predicted a decrease to due to cord cutting. I don’t remember a single poster claiming the AAC would get a decrease due to cable cutting.

Then we go to sarcastic ‘business geniuses’ (not an attack lol and other people call names and insult intellegence lol) who actually said there was a ceiling because there is one bidder. Shocking the deal had a ceiling and nobody ever came up with even a fantasy bidder. Seems they were more right than the ‘business geniuses’ who screamed about $10 million and no way would they settle in the exclusive period for less.

The Big East geniuses? Lets say the AAC got 6 million. That’s two million more than the Big East and they aren’t losing millions on football - so.... again you made a sarcastic comment on their intellegence.. and they are actually right. Financially UConn would be better off tommorrow if they dropped football and joined the Big East (and that’s with their old contract which doesn’t include UConn’s valuable basketball programs).

Your conclusion is hardly the slam dunk you claim.

Anyway:
1. You attacked those who disagreed with you and insulted their intellegence (which you claim is a no-no!)
2. You either don’t understand the basic facts or intentionally misrepresented them (#sad)
3. Took a victory lap in a situation where you were almost completely and totally wrong in the run-up and in this post

Anyway I know you are super proud of your strawmen and insults but you are consistently and hilariously wrong to a degree that is almost impossible to believe. Stopped clocks cringe in your presense. In light of your record, your arrogance is both puzzling and hilarious.

Edit: Lemme do your response for you.

Feel better now lol. thin skinned strawman. i never said the things you quoted and i never meant any of the things i obviously implied. tell.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the deal is 6 million or so per team the only way that doesn’t look disgustingly bad is when it’s compared to the old deal which is probably the worst contract in history.

So there you go Team Aresco - it’s a better deal than the worst deal in history. Damn you Bezos. Damn you Elon Musk. Keep smiling Mike!

Reaction Score

Im generally wondering what conversation you think has been going on here. You called out Whaler for being wrong on his doom and gloom picks and specifically mentioned the one bidder thing.

Reaction Score
Let’s see.

First you start off with 8.5 million which is the projected full payment including bowls and ncaa credits (and has any league actually met the projections). You’ll say ‘i wasn’t talking about just the media contract’ even though we’ve all been talking about just the media contract all along.

Then you jump to a strawman where people predicted a decrease to due to cord cutting. I don’t remember a single poster claiming the AAC would get a decrease due to cable cutting.

Then we go to sarcastic ‘business geniuses’ (not an attack lol and other people call names and insult intellegence lol) who actually said there was a ceiling because there is one bidder. Shocking the deal had a ceiling and nobody ever came up with even a fantasy bidder. Seems they were more right than the ‘business geniuses’ who screamed about $10 million and no way would they settle in the exclusive period for less.

The Big East geniuses? Lets say the AAC got 6 million. That’s two million more than the Big East and they aren’t losing millions on football - so.... again you made a sarcastic comment on their intellegence.. and they are actually right. Financially UConn would be better off tommorrow if they dropped football and joined the Big East (and that’s with their old contract which doesn’t include UConn’s valuable basketball programs).

Anyway:
1. You attacked those who disagreed with you and insulted their intellegence (which you claim is a no-no!)
2. You either don’t understand the basic facts or intentionally misrepresented them (#sad)
3. Took a victory lap in a situation where you were almost completely and totally wrong in the run-up and in this post

Anyway I know you are super proud of your strawmen and insults but you are consistently and hilariously wrong to a degree that is almost impossible to believe. Stopped clocks cringe in your presense. In light of your record, your arrogance is both puzzling and hilarious.

Feel better now lol. thin skinned strawman. i never said the things you quoted and i never meant any of the things i obviously implied. tell.
What’s the breakdown between media money and bowl/tournament credit money currently?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What’s the breakdown between media money and bowl/tournament credit money currently?

based on the article looks like 2 mil/1.4 mil

Reaction Score
Just an FYI was reading on the Cincy board from their site owner (and insider):

AAC TV Deal

I wouldn't put much stock in the report out of Memphis. They are in the ballpark on a few things and way off on some others...

CL82

Reaction Score
Let’s see.

Anyway:

Lol. That’s a whole lot of words to say “oh crap, CL never did say that did he?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Im generally wondering what conversation you think has been going on here. You called out Whaler for being wrong on his doom and gloom picks and specifically mentioned the one bidder thing.
Lol. That’s a whole lot of words to say “oh crap, CL never did say that did he?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just an FYI was reading on the Cincy board from their site owner (and insider):

AAC TV Deal

I wouldn't put much stock in the report out of Memphis. They are in the ballpark on a few things and way off on some others...

Well they got the documents through FOIA and it’s not a three year deal that’s just what they share at that meeting. That’s part of what we don’t know. It could escalate and improve over the years or it could be for 15 years.

CL82

Reaction Score
Actually I didn’t call out Whaler specifically. I made a general comment about posters who had a lot of negative thoughts about what our deal would be worth. If the current prediction turns out to be correct they were wrong. For whatever reason that put a bee up whaler’s bum.

If you go back and look at that post you’ll see that it doesn’t say that there would not be more than one bidder rather it says that having just one bidder didn’t cause us to get her contract renewed at the same or lower rate. Pretty sure whaler knows that now, otherwise he would have included that quote in his posts. You can go back and take a look if you’re curious though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually I didn’t call out Whaler specifically. I made a general comment about posters who had a lot of negative thoughts about what our deal would be worth. If the current prediction turns out to be correct they were wrong. For whatever reason that put a bee up whaler’s bum.

If you go back and look at that post you’ll see that it doesn’t say that there would not be more than one bidder rather it says that having just one bidder didn’t cause us to get her contract renewed at the same or lower rate. Pretty sure whaler knows that now, otherwise he would have included that quote in his posts. You can go back and take a look if you’re curious though.

yeah your entire quote is included and you are still inventing people saying the contract was staying the same or decreasing. have you found those posts yet champ?

Reaction Score
Lol, I suppose I could I do a search of every time you predicted that there was no more money to give us, no other bidders, etc, but let's wait and see what the deal actually is. There will plenty for to whine about, I'm sure.
This was a post you did in response to whaler. You specifically called him out for not believing in other bidders.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="I wouldn't put much stock in the report out of Memphis. They are in the ballpark on a few things and way off on some others... [/QUOTE]

One thing it does, it puts a number out that is a decent number. That's a good thing. I would believe that sets the bar for bidding.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So, it's a deal that won't significantly change the league's financial, exposure, or prestige disadvantages. It does nothing to help UCONN halt it's drift into irrelevance. In essence, they get nothing they needed and in 2023, half the league will attempt to latch on to a new league by any means necessary. I'm not convinced UConn will be one of the programs to put forward that kind of commitment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom